Projected Bowl Pairings

13 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think if UCF finishes undefeated they should be in the playoffs.  That would be two straight years they did so, and if a two loss Power 5 makes it over them it would be a shame.  

No offense to the “National Champion” UCF players, but they just beat their first opponent with a winning record Thursday....

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Tech vs A&M would be great imo. Tech would probably throw for 500 on A&M, but A&M might run for 400 and hold the ball for 40 minutes as well. Would make for a great story of old foes and would give us very interesting conflicting styles of play. 

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Texas A&M Football

”Almost is good enough for us”

Who said that it was "good enough"? It showed that the team can compete with one of the best in the nation toe to toe, so beating a good team is not out of reach. 

Moron...

I get that you're frustrated that OU underachieves every year and has a laughable defense,  but there's no need to take out your frustrations on us. :)

15 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Who said that it was "good enough"? It showed that the team can compete with one of the best in the nation toe to toe, so beating a good team is not out of reach. 

Moron...

I get that you're frustrated that OU underachieves every year and has a laughable defense,  but there's no need to take out your frustrations on us. :)

OU underachieves and they’re winning conference championships regularly.

So, that says if they don’t play for or win national championships they’re underachieving.

A&M hasn’t sniffed a conference championship since they won the Big 12 in 1998. National championship or multiple national championships has been a pipe dream for Aggies.

Hey, I hate the Sooners as much as anybody, but an Aggie fan telling a Sooner fan the Sooners are underachievers???!!!....bwahahahaha!!!!

That’s hilarious!!!!

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, Hlion said:

Why you gotta be so mean? There is still reason for optimistism. Most folks expectations were 7-5 8-4 anyways in a transition year. A victory over Lsu which is possible went toe to toe with Clemson could bring in hope. They are only a few plays at being 11-1 so not really time to press the panic button.

LMAO!!!!!!!! 😂 😂

Give him credit, he's trying.

• LOL! 1

48 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Very true. So should anyone use the Clemson gauge as a barometer?

I don’t think that’s what he’s trying to do. Lion was saying that A&M played clemson very well at home. They might do the same against LSU. 

Everyone is making way too big of deal about that clemson game...  Like if it’s ever even brought up A&M is “okay with good enough” or “a close loss is the same as a win to aggy.” Are we not capable of forming logical thoughts on this site? Or is this just a let’s take out our own frustrations on A&M even when they are making sense kind of board? 

7 hours ago, Hlion said:

Why you gotta be so mean? There is still reason for optimistism. Most folks expectations were 7-5 8-4 anyways in a transition year. A victory over Lsu which is possible went toe to toe with Clemson could bring in hope. They are only a few plays at being 11-1 so not really time to press the panic button.

Because you constantly bring that up as a sign of success and you lost the game. 

If you actually provided real points about how you will be able to beat LSU then I would agree. 

How you played against Clemson two months ago isn’t one of those reasons.

• Like 3

Losing to Ms St is inexcusable.  Following up that loss with another loss to Auburn is acceptable to most... but you are taking 2 teams that beat you but we’re pretty much completely tamed by LSU and come back with they could be LSU.......  I will just never get your thinking.

Most normal fans will expect to lose that game but hopes that A&M gives it their best swing and hopes for the best... like they did against Clemson

9 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Losing to Ms St is inexcusable.  Following up that loss with another loss to Auburn is acceptable to most... but you are taking 2 teams that beat you but we’re pretty much completely tamed by LSU and come back with they could be LSU.......  I will just never get your thinking.

Most normal fans will expect to lose that game but hopes that A&M gives it their best swing and hopes for the best... like they did against Clemson

That’s not even remotely fair. First off, lsu needed a lucky break in the final drive of the game to beat Auburn. A&M dominated and lost on a lucky break the other way. Not the same thing. Lsu got miss st at home, A&M played them on the road. I have zero doubt A&M wins that game at home. Since you’re into comparing common opponents and all, Lsu couldn’t even put up a single point against Alabama at home. A&M put up 23 against Bama on the road. 

Lsu plays right into the strengths of A&M offensively, and this game could end up looking very similar to the Kentucky game as far as both teams struggling to score. 

If this game was in Baton Rouge I give A&M little chance to win. But in college station is a different game completely. Lsu won’t just walk into college station and win by rushing for 300+ like they did on Sumlin teams. A&M will force Lsu to win passing downfield and I’m not convinced they can do that consistently. Not saying the can’t just don’t think it’s near the slam dunk you think it is. Plus A&M will be extremely up for that game while LSU May still by licking their wounds and just trying to finish out the season disappointed after blowing their playoff chances because they couldn’t even put up a point on Bama. In the past it wouldn’t have even mattered because lsu could sleepwalk to a 300 yard rushing game against A&M, but that’s not the case now. That game is much tougher than you realize. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hlion said:

Lsu is the favorite . They beat one pretty good team in Georgia and it shot them to top 5. Struggle with that same Auburn team and beat Miss st and average miami game. What makes one say that Georgia wasn't a fluke win . A&M not really that far behind Lsu .

I agree. I think LSU isn’t near as good as that Georgia win suggested. They are probably a better team than A&M, but the two are not nearly as far apart as people think. Difference in playing a team like miss st at home and away makes a difference to me, and it is really the telling game that differences LSU and A&M. I don’t think auburn says much... LSU beat auburn with a game winning fg after trailing the entire game practically, A&M lost by 4 after dominating the entire game practically. I don’t think ones victory and ones loss says much about either team in reference to trying to decide who’s “better” off of a single game. Like I said if we are doing that, let’s talk Bama and A&M looks like a far better team than LSU, and they did so on the road va being at home. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

OU underachieves and they’re winning conference championships regularly.

So, that says if they don’t play for or win national championships they’re underachieving. 

A&M hasn’t sniffed a conference championship since they won the Big 12 in 1998. National championship or multiple national championships has been a pipe dream for Aggies.

Hey, I hate the Sooners as much as anybody, but an Aggie fan telling a Sooner fan the Sooners are underachievers???!!!....bwahahahaha!!!!

That’s hilarious!!!!

Conference championships? Lol the Big XII is now a glorified C-USA. Put OU in the SEC and they get beat pretty quickly like they did against Georgia last year because they can't play defense. 

Also, A&M underachieving has nothing to do with the fact that OU underachieves. Hope that helps! 

But since you went down that road, isn't it ironic that a t-shirt tu fan is telling A&M about underachieving? LOL 

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

I don’t think that’s what he’s trying to do. Lion was saying that A&M played clemson very well at home. They might do the same against LSU. 

Everyone is making way too big of deal about that clemson game...  Like if it’s ever even brought up A&M is “okay with good enough” or “a close loss is the same as a win to aggy.” Are we not capable of forming logical thoughts on this site? Or is this just a let’s take out our own frustrations on A&M even when they are making sense kind of board? 

It's pathetic. These people hide behind t-shirts of teams and want to claim some sort of superiority over another by building straw man arguments, false equivalencies, and moving goalposts. 

Mobilhoma fans are mad that Army pushed them around and they realize that they're underachieving again. And even IF they sniff the playoffs, some SEC team will expose them for racking up wins in a joke conference that they can't get out of. Texas fans are mad that they were ranked like #6 or whatever and are on a tailspin (with another 2 losses probably headed their way soon LOL). So yeah, they want to take it out on A&M. It's a pretty unhealthy way of living life and coping, but I didn't expect any more from some of these people. 😛

Hey, since Valhalla wanted to be a worthless troll, let's go that route! Haha

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Conference championships? Lol the Big XII is now a glorified C-USA. Put OU in the SEC and they get beat pretty quickly like they did against Georgia last year because they can't play defense. 

Also, A&M underachieving has nothing to do with the fact that OU underachieves. Hope that helps! 

But since you went down that road, isn't it ironic that a t-shirt tu fan is telling A&M about underachieving? LOL 

Hey, I am impressed you remembered I am a t-shirt Longhorn fan.

So, in my opinion, the Big 12 is not a glorified C-USA. OU does win the conference and their underachievement is they don’t win national championships.

That UGA loss for OU last year was a poor ending for the Sooners. That was a great game and the best Georgia team in a decade. You noticed UGA couldn’t stop OU either.

UT has underachieved, as the flagship university of the greatest state in the Union and loads of talent to recruit in state each year they should never have a losing season. It’s been ridiculous and the last two weeks have been extremely frustrating. We weren’t talking about UT though.

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hey, I am impressed you remembered I am a t-shirt Longhorn fan.

So, in my opinion, the Big 12 is not a glorified C-USA. OU does win the conference and their underachievement is they don’t win national championships.

That UGA loss for OU last year was a poor ending for the Sooners. That was a great game and the best Georgia team in a decade. You noticed UGA couldn’t stop OU either.

UT has underachieved, as the flagship university of the greatest state in the Union and loads of talent to recruit in state each year they should never have a losing season. It’s been ridiculous and the last two weeks have been extremely frustrating. We weren’t talking about UT though.

I wasn't talking about A&M when I said OU underachieved either, but you were pretty quick to bring it back to A&M, weren't you? So yeah, you set the rules of engagement, I'm just following them. 

At least your coach didn't humiliate himself by getting a personal foul at the end of one game and cry that a player taunted him in the other (after taunting a player in last year's bowl game). 

Oh wait. 

• LOL! 1