Projected Bowl Pairings

18 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Mobilhoma fans are mad that Army pushed them around and they realize that they're underachieving again. And even IF they sniff the playoffs, some SEC team will expose them for racking up wins in a joke conference that they can't get out of. Texas fans are mad that they were ranked like #6 or whatever and are on a tailspin (with another 2 losses probably headed their way soon LOL). So yeah, they want to take it out on A&M. It's a pretty unhealthy way of living life and coping, but I didn't expect any more from some of these people. 😛

Hey, since Valhalla wanted to be a worthless troll, let's go that route! Haha

Two can play this game.

Kind of like the SEC only wanted Texas A&M for TV sets and recruiting purposes. They knew that it would not upset the power structure of the conference. A&M would be happy to finish 3rd - 6th and wear an SEC patch while claiming superiority over the Big 12 by who they just barely lost to.

Next, they will start putting things like "Almost beat Clemson" on their stadium with all of the Big 12 South "Championships".

😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • LOL! 2
  • Stinks 1

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Two can play this game.

Kind of like the SEC only wanted Texas A&M for TV sets and recruiting purposes. They knew that it would not upset the power structure of the conference. A&M would be happy to finish 3rd - 6th and wear an SEC patch while claiming superiority over the Big 12 by who they just barely lost to.

Next, they will start putting things like "Almost beat Clemson" on their stadium with all of the Big 12 South "Championships".

😛

If only the SEC wanted OU the way they wanted A&M for the "TV sets". Then you wouldn't be stuck dragging the corpse of a dead conference, playing a lot of 11am games at home (how riveting!!), and being told what to do and not to do by another school. Oh, and you wouldn't be crying that officials are robbing you every week like you do every time OU gets shoved around against power houses like Texas and Army LOL 

I guess they knew that people in Mobilhoma couldn't make the switch to digital back in the day (probably couldn't afford it LOL), so those TV sets weren't worth seeking, huh? Man... What's hilarious is that the PAC12 told you to take a hike too! 

22 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I wasn't talking about A&M when I said OU underachieved either, but you were pretty quick to bring it back to A&M, weren't you? So yeah, you set the rules of engagement, I'm just following them. 

At least your coach didn't humiliate himself by getting a personal foul at the end of one game and cry that a player taunted him in the other (after taunting a player in last year's bowl game). 

Oh wait. 

Well, of course you weren’t talking about A&M underachieving while calling out OU for underachieving.

What I was saying is you shouldn’t throw rocks at OU when you live in a glass house. 

OU has way more skins on the wall than A&M ever will, and since y’all are so worked up about how good the SEC is I guess that means y’all won’t be putting any trophies in that barren case anytime soon either.

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

10 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, of course you weren’t talking about A&M underachieving while calling out OU for underachieving.

What I was saying is you shouldn’t throw rocks at OU when you live in a glass house. 

OU has way more skins on the wall than A&M ever will, and since y’all are so worked up about how good the SEC is I guess that means y’all won’t be putting any trophies in that barren case anytime soon either.

So all I was saying was that Texas shouldn't throw rocks either, considering what THEY'VE done this decade. Don't whine that I brought them into it when you did the same thing. I was just going by the standards YOU set. 

Why did Tom Herman cry that a player taunted him? I've never seen a coach do that! Especially after taunting a player. Never seen that from a coach either. Maaaaan

7 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

So all I was saying was that Texas shouldn't throw rocks either, considering what THEY'VE done this decade. Don't whine that I brought them into it when you did the same thing. I was just going by the standards YOU set. 

Why did Tom Herman cry that a player taunted him? I've never seen a coach do that! Especially after taunting a player. Never seen that from a coach either. Maaaaan

I didn’t whine you brought UT into and I quickly agreed with you Texas has been extremely disappointing over recent years and has badly underperformed.

Herman needs not get involved with opposing players on or off the field, that’s ignorant.

15 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Well a writer asked Herman about the officiating and he said he thought the rule was that if you’re flagged for taunting before you reach the endzone then the score is negated. Herman has a valid point. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Two can play this game.

😛

How would you know what the sec brought A&M for? Also how could you know that A&M won’t ever upset the power structure? Was LSU a “power” prior to saban? How about Florida? In my lifetime remember both of those two being nothing short of mediocre with hardly any national or conference success in decades. It’s been like some of you are 12 years old and have no understanding of how collegiate athletics work. I can name you 3 “powers” that have risen from mediocrity in just the last 25 years. I can also name you several others who 25 years ago were also “powers” but have since been run into the ground and are nothing more than mediocre now. 

I understand that you guys like to poke fun at A&Ms past and by all means go ahead, but quit making yourselves look like idiots by thinking you have the slightest clue about how the future will or will not play out. Teams will rise and teams will fall as they always have. 

14 minutes ago, WETSU said:

How would you know what the sec brought A&M for? Also how could you know that A&M won’t ever upset the power structure? Was LSU a “power” prior to saban? How about Florida? In my lifetime remember both of those two being nothing short of mediocre with hardly any national or conference success in decades. It’s been like some of you are 12 years old and have no understanding of how collegiate athletics work. I can name you 3 “powers” that have risen from mediocrity in just the last 25 years. I can also name you several others who 25 years ago were also “powers” but have since been run into the ground and are nothing more than mediocre now. 

I understand that you guys like to poke fun at A&Ms past and by all means go ahead, but quit making yourselves look like idiots by thinking you have the slightest clue about how the future will or will not play out. Teams will rise and teams will fall as they always have. 

I was being facetious on purpose just like he was.

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's pathetic. These people hide behind t-shirts of teams and want to claim some sort of superiority over another by building straw man arguments, false equivalencies, and moving goalposts. 

Mobilhoma fans are mad that Army pushed them around and they realize that they're underachieving again. And even IF they sniff the playoffs, some SEC team will expose them for racking up wins in a joke conference that they can't get out of. Texas fans are mad that they were ranked like #6 or whatever and are on a tailspin (with another 2 losses probably headed their way soon LOL). So yeah, they want to take it out on A&M. It's a pretty unhealthy way of living life and coping, but I didn't expect any more from some of these people. 😛

Hey, since Valhalla wanted to be a worthless troll, let's go that route! Haha

I'm a tshirt fan and proud of it haha. I get sick of the comparisons of the past when A&M was in the conference and all of that nonsense.  It's been 7 years for crying out loud. I don't waste my breath. It's so irrelevant now and those "debates" are just #### matches to see who can get the best dig at the other person.

This may be the pessimistic fan in me, but when Texas was ranked 6 and lost to Okie State, I really wasn't that disappointed. I mean, you always hate to see your team lose, especially to a team they are clearly better than, but I knew they weren't the 6th best team in the country. They were there because everyone in front of them kept losing, and they kept winning. The WVU game ticked me off though. Even with injuries to the defense, that was a very winnable game and they completely folded. I think where they are ranked now is about right. Texas is a good team... when they want to be. I've yet to see them play a full game. Luckily, they have been good enough to win 6 games by only playing 3 quarters lol.

47 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

It's so irrelevant now and those "debates" are just #### matches to see who can get the best dig at the other person. 

Oh, yeah, it totally is. That's what Valhalla started in my eyes, so that's where I went 😂

You're gone of the best posters on this board, btw. Nothing against you or t-shirt fans. 

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Conference championships? Lol the Big XII is now a glorified C-USA. Put OU in the SEC and they get beat pretty quickly like they did against Georgia last year because they can't play defense. 

Also, A&M underachieving has nothing to do with the fact that OU underachieves. Hope that helps! 

But since you went down that road, isn't it ironic that a t-shirt tu fan is telling A&M about underachieving? LOL 

Not getting into this contest, but calling the BIG XII a glorified C-USA is not legit. 7 of the 10 (70%) teams have been ranked in the Top 25 this season while 9 teams (64%) from the SEC have been ranked in the Top 25. Not saying the BIG XII is on the same playing field as the SEC, but it's not too far behind. It's as good or better than the SEC East in my opinion. SEC West is definitely the toughest conference. 

58 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Oh, yeah, it totally is. That's what Valhalla started in my eyes, so that's where I went 😂

You're gone of the best posters on this board, btw. Nothing against you or t-shirt fans. 

Appreciate it! I try to be haha. 

I take no offense, those conversations just get repetitive to me lol

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

https://thebiglead.com/2018/11/04/tom-herman-texas-will-grier-drew-lock/

Absolutely savage. I don't agree with this guy, but MAN. OUCH. 

Herman should worry about that defense of his letting WV run the 2 minute drill on em without using a single timeout. 

I think Herman is a good coach and is a good player's coach, but he can rub me the wrong way pretty often. 

7 hours ago, Hlion said:

Lsu is the favorite . They beat one pretty good team in Georgia and it shot them to top 5. Struggle with that same Auburn team and beat Miss st and average miami game. What makes one say that Georgia wasn't a fluke win . A&M not really that far behind Lsu .

You are a moron.  Look at LSU’s schedule. A&M might be .500 with the same schedule...

21 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I always forget that arguing common sense with Lion is the equivalent of kicking yourself in the goonies...

To be fair, I sort of agree with lion. I don’t know what you’ve seen from LSU to think them unbeatable but I see a team that is very capable of going down to any team capable of limiting their running game. Yes their defense is elite, but their offense is limited enough that any team capable of slowing down the running game stands a chance to beat them. That is something A&M has done to EVERY opponent this season. So this game will be won or lost by QB play on both sides, and neither shows a definitive edge if you’re being honest with yourself. On the road, against a team desperate to beat you, with what is sure to be a prime time atmosphere, I don’t see how you can be so bold as to think this isn’t a closer game than everyone expects. This isn’t the same coaching staff that let LSU rush for 300+ and win every game. I’m not saying A&M will win or is even the favorite, just that your talk of lion not having common sense isn’t logical here. There are plenty of legitimate arguments that can back his belief. He may not be the best at pointing them out, but they are there. 

Just now, WETSU said:

To be fair, I sort of agree with lion. I don’t know what you’ve seen from LSU to think them unbeatable but I see a team that is very capable of going down to any team capable of limiting their running game. Yes their defense is elite, but their offense is limited enough that any team capable of slowing down the running game stands a chance to beat them. That is something A&M has done to EVERY opponent this season. So this game will be won or lost by QB play on both sides, and neither shows a definitive edge if you’re being honest with yourself. On the road, against a team desperate to beat you, with what is sure to be a prime time atmosphere, I don’t see how you can be so bold as to think this isn’t a closer game than everyone expects. This isn’t the same coaching staff that let LSU rush for 300+ and win every game. I’m not saying A&M will win or is even the favorite, just that your talk of lion not having common sense isn’t logical here. There are plenty of legitimate arguments that can back his belief. He may not be the best at pointing them out, but they are there. 

I haven’t said much on the matter but I’ll weigh in now.  I’d say both have good defenses, but I figure LSU defense is better all the way around.  The aggies’ defense isn’t good against the pass.   Comparing offenses I think it’s a wash, maybe LSU has a slight advantage.  On the road I’d say LSU is a 3-4 pt fave

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

I always forget that talking common sense with Aggies is the same and cutting off your goonies ;) 

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

I always forget that talking common sense with Aggies is the same and cutting off your goonies ;) 

Why don’t you counter what I’ve said. Show me what isn’t “common sense” about anything I’ve said.