Tenaha at Linden-Kildare

cotton84

Each has his own perspective ... we had to contend with Groveton and Alto in their prime heydays.

I have watched probably 90% of District 11's games in detail on video.

I can't tell you yet how far each will go during the Second Season coming up ... or if they have the best team, etc.

But what I can tell you is that you won't find a stronger district from top to bottom at this level in the state.

And while some people will soon be complaining on this medium about having a 4th team in the playoffs, this district will 

have a couple of decent teams staying home that would have been the #2 or #3 seed in the other districts around them.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:39 AM, cotton84 said:

Will be a lot of speed/quickness on the field ------- which will probably be a sloppy mess.

I have no doubt Tenaha will move the ball up and down the field a lot...............Not sure if L-K can keep pace or not -----probably will need to win the turnover battle to have a chance.

I think if L-K's defensive coach will move his 200 lb linebacker to DT, and let number 12 take his place at LB, it would improve L-K's chances a lot............The 200 lb guy would be way more active than the DT whose place he would take, and number 12 is quicker at LB..........................Also would help if the defensive coach would not line his linemen  up at the exact same spot every play ----makes it too easy for the OL of the other team.

If the field is wet as a think it will be, I say the winner scores around 40..............................If no rain this week, and some sunshine, I say the winner scores over 50

You don't trust the coaching staff to do whats best?

35 minutes ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

You don't trust the coaching staff to do whats best?

Head Coach Derek Simmons has done a remarkable job with the offense. His play calling has been really good. The QB carrying out fakes has been as good as I have seen at the high school level - that is probably part QB’s doing and part Coach Simmons. And the players seem to be in great shape. 

With an average offensive coach, L-K might be 4-5 instead of 6-3. 

24 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Head Coach Derek Simmons has done a remarkable job with the offense. His play calling has been really good. The QB carrying out fakes has been as good as I have seen at the high school level - that is probably part QB’s doing and part Coach Simmons. And the players seem to be in great shape. 

With an average offensive coach, L-K might be 4-5 instead of 6-3. 

Ok, but you are talking about defense. They do have on of the best QBs in 2a. Dude is a unit.

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I would not be surprised to see LK pull this one out.  They do have the better QB ... Field conditions may throw a monkey wrench in the offensive game plans though ....

After what we’ve seen the last three weeks in this district, nothing will surprise me. Coach Jenkins has stated that they have not run the ball well the last two games and it has hurt them big time. Lk has shown a weakness in their run defense. I expect Tenaha to work really hard to establish the run and control the game. They have better personnel in the trenches, and I expect them to use them. 

Tenaha 42 

LK 28