The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Valhalla

2018-19 College Coaching Changes

Beaty is known as a good recruiter with Texas ties. He should have no problem finding a job as a WR Coach and/or Recruiting Coordinator

Gonna be interesting to see what happens at Auburn if they get pounded by BAMA and UGA . I don’t think the Independence Bowl was what the folks had in mind when they gave Gus that big contract extension. 

Les Miles to Kansas?? Yall know him and Long best buds. 

On 11/4/2018 at 1:57 PM, trueblue82 said:

Gonna be interesting to see what happens at Auburn if they get pounded by BAMA and UGA . I don’t think the Independence Bowl was what the folks had in mind when they gave Gus that big contract extension. 

AD came out and said he's staying, you right though if they lose badly he might change his mind. 

7 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

AD came out and said he's staying, you right though if they lose badly he might change his mind. 

Would be absolutely crazy to spend $31 million to fire a guy 1 year after you extended him. Especially when that guy is the only one in the conference and one of only three in the country with a win over the guy you hate. I don’t know that we’ve ever had a coach who can say that. 

Does KK get another year at Tech? 

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Does KK get another year at Tech? 

I think he does just good enough. They aren't like Texas and Ou . They just gotta be competitive to stay happy . 8-4 7-5 is safe

I would think SFA opens the job up..they need a complete overhaul and change of culture

4 hours ago, Hlion said:

Lmao

2 hours ago, bigdawg16 said:

I would think SFA opens the job up..they need a complete overhaul and change of culture

Agreed.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:31 AM, trueblue82 said:

Would be absolutely crazy to spend $31 million to fire a guy 1 year after you extended him. Especially when that guy is the only one in the conference and one of only three in the country with a win over the guy you hate. I don’t know that we’ve ever had a coach who can say that. 

WATCH: More fuel for the Gus Malzahn doubters? Sideline video of Auburn coach goes viral 😩

• Haha 1

Kansas absolutely needs to hire Bobby Petrino. I think he would do very well in the big 12. 

23 hours ago, Hlion said:

I think he does just good enough. They aren't like Texas and Ou . They just gotta be competitive to stay happy . 8-4 7-5 is safe

The fans are about fed up with him. I think the Tech knows that they probably couldn't get much of an upgrade because nobody wants to go out to Lubbock, but after living there for 3 years, the locals are tired of him.

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

Kansas absolutely needs to hire Bobby Petrino. I think he would do very well in the big 12. 

AD Jeff Long was recently hired as Kansas AD, he fired Petrino at Arkansas for lying

343625FC-8CA8-4FDD-9D5C-6C6278134F7C.jpeg

Check out the screen crawl. 😂

Jeff Brohm is leaving  Purdue to take over his alma mater Louisville.

25 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Jeff Brohm is leaving  Purdue to take over his alma mater Louisville.

I read this was just a rumor. 

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

I read this was just a rumor. 

Could be a little premature coaching move on my part.

• Thanks 1