2018-19 College Coaching Changes

Valhalla

On 11/4/2018 at 1:57 PM, trueblue82 said:

Gonna be interesting to see what happens at Auburn if they get pounded by BAMA and UGA . I don’t think the Independence Bowl was what the folks had in mind when they gave Gus that big contract extension. 

AD came out and said he's staying, you right though if they lose badly he might change his mind. 

7 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

AD came out and said he's staying, you right though if they lose badly he might change his mind. 

Would be absolutely crazy to spend $31 million to fire a guy 1 year after you extended him. Especially when that guy is the only one in the conference and one of only three in the country with a win over the guy you hate. I don’t know that we’ve ever had a coach who can say that. 

On 11/7/2018 at 5:31 AM, trueblue82 said:

Would be absolutely crazy to spend $31 million to fire a guy 1 year after you extended him. Especially when that guy is the only one in the conference and one of only three in the country with a win over the guy you hate. I don’t know that we’ve ever had a coach who can say that. 

WATCH: More fuel for the Gus Malzahn doubters? Sideline video of Auburn coach goes viral 😩

• LOL! 1

23 hours ago, Hlion said:

I think he does just good enough. They aren't like Texas and Ou . They just gotta be competitive to stay happy . 8-4 7-5 is safe

The fans are about fed up with him. I think the Tech knows that they probably couldn't get much of an upgrade because nobody wants to go out to Lubbock, but after living there for 3 years, the locals are tired of him.

I had head early on that Brohm probably would stay at Purdue since he has done so much to "get it built" there, plus like it's been said...Louisville fell off a cliff in the last year and a half it seems. I really feel the "Papa John's Situation" hurt Louisville football/sports more than any of us know. As a recruit and their parents look over the prospect of schools, when Louisville comes up...the Papa John's stuff has a bad racist stink to it. Teachers and athletes have talked to me about it...that don't have a big athletic footprint, so if those people brought it up without me prompting it then I know a minority family "would be out" on Louisville right now until the page gets turned.

Now with Purdue, I feel they fell off after the hot start and that may give Brohm reason to say, "Was this our chance? Should I get out of here and rebuild in another conference?". If I was him, I would get out of Purdue. I feel like his section of the Big10 is the weak side and it's down now on top of that. If he couldn't get to the top now, then it won't happen. He'll forever be trying to be Northwestern's and Indiana's rival. Get over to Louisville where your QB has a goal to work at a pizza joint after college instead of Purdue, where your guys all have their slide rule and protractors in the huddle.

Word is that LSU and Les Miles have come to an agreement to pay off his buyout (less to release him)...and he has been in negotiations with Kansas. This seems like it would be a big snag for the Jayhawks if he can do things as well as he did in the past.

• Mr. P changed the title to 2018-19 College Coaching Changes