2018-19 College Coaching Changes

Valhalla

58 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

His salary is 2.9 million at West Virginia. 

That is a lateral move at best though IMO.

Issues or not, WVU ain’t a bad job. Tech has gone the mad genius route with Leach. The leave the kid at dinner, you pay the tab, I’m gone to Cincy route with Tubberville. The fan favorite route with Kliff. I’m real curious to see how they go with this hire. There’s one hire that 5 years ago might have been a perfect fit, sure fire home run. Is Lubbock far enough out of the scope for them to think about actually doing it? They did hire Bob Knight.

At some point, the LSU DC should be getting some serious consideration for some of these jobs, although I don’t think TT is the right place for him. Silly season in the SEC is going to be extremely quiet this year. A&M, Arkansas, Mizzou, Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Miss State are still in honeymoon, and everyone else met or exceeded expectations. Vanderbilt is bowl eligible, but I think the rich folks over there will only stomach one trip to Birmingham. The only fan base truly unhappy with their coach is Auburn, and they’re stuck with Gus for at least two more years to get that buyout down to a number they can afford. 

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

At some point, the LSU DC should be getting some serious consideration for some of these jobs, although I don’t think TT is the right place for him. Silly season in the SEC is going to be extremely quiet this year. A&M, Arkansas, Mizzou, Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Miss State are still in honeymoon, and everyone else met or exceeded expectations. Vanderbilt is bowl eligible, but I think the rich folks over there will only stomach one trip to Birmingham. The only fan base truly unhappy with their coach is Auburn, and they’re stuck with Gus for at least two more years to get that buyout down to a number they can afford. 

What’s nice for him is that he paid like a HC already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

They better be really good. Otherwise, this seems like a backwards move for the program to me. 

as a Longhorn fan (liked Mack), I think UNC is just trying to recapture some of the good from the past. Mack is a great recruiter in that he is that good old country grandpa that can come into your house and can tell mama and daddy that your baby is gonna be safe and play a lot of important ball while now showing that National Championship ring from UT. he'll probably have Chizek and Kingsbury as DC/OC for 1 year until they move on to HC gigs...atleast Kliff will. UNC will compete better. 

• Mr. P changed the title to 2018-19 College Coaching Changes