2018-19 College Coaching Changes

Valhalla

Rumors circulating that Aranda wants out at LSU. 

Kliff was seen in LA today probably meeting with USC about their OC spot. USC and KK is scary. He fits that atmosphere perfectly and would recruit and coach like a madman. USC could be the absolute perfect place for kliff to save/resurrect his career. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DTrump said:

@JohnnyFootball I was with you. I thought his buyout was way too much also. Maybe the brass are thinking otherwise.

Auburn is in the exact same situation with Gus that A&M was in with Sumlin in 2016. They want to fire him but don’t have the unified direction on where to go next coaching wise, and it’s a ton of money to lose. 

I also think the realize that the west is getting better while they seem to be declining. Lsu and A&M appear to be trending up while they slide down, and it’s only getting worse with the team split most the season and their record this year. They might try to stop the bleeding at the expense of a hug buyout. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I just don’t see Auburn as a super attractive place. 

You are the only school that has to play Nick Saban and Kirby Smart every year guaranteed.

Throw LSU and A&M in their with that. 

You will either be a NC contender or 7-5 really quick.

I agree with that. But they are serious about football and are in a talent rich area with some history to back up their recruiting efforts. You’re right it’s feast or famine at times, but isn’t that what every competitor wants? To prove he’s the best against the best. Auburn gives you all the resources to do that, but you can also look mediocre really quick if you’re not up to the task. 

I figure if Kliff goes to USC his move is simple...he is going to undermine Helton...he runs a great, high-powered offense that excites LA, along with his good looks that match up to LA. He is all about the co-ed and mixing it up with them...he'll be all over that! So, USC is hating Clay Helton...he'll be out in a year and they'll install the innovative offensive genius Kliff that will be tan, wear his sunglasses and be glad to be in front of the TV screen constantly...probably already thinking about all the TV shows they'll ask him to guest gig in once he takes over. He probably is already sharpening his knife for Clay's back. LOL  

If he joins Mack in UNC, he won't have near enough sunny days for his sunglasses (co-eds will be more bundled up too). Mack will be nicer and tougher to stab in the back...of course I figure he's 2-3 years at most before he'd hand over the reigns to KK or whoever.

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I just don't see Stoops leaving a job like Oklahoma by choice and then two years later going to a place where he is more likely to be fired in 3 years than have success.

I don't think people understand what a cushy gig Bob has right now. Dude is literally living his best life right now. Getting paid six-figures to play golf with alumni, hang out in the pressbox with media and muckity-mucks, and sit in on the occasional booster meeting. He and Carol can travel and schmooze to their hearts content. 

Dude ain't giving that up for anything less than an absolutely optimal and perfect situation. Why should he? Stoops has total leverage right now.

If (and that's a BIG if) he takes any new gig, it'll be somewhere where he pretty much gets the run of the place, and has minimal pressure. Youngstown State or something close to the extended family. I just don't see him taking anything 'til Drake and Isaac graduate. 

11 hours ago, WETSU said:

Kliff was seen in LA today probably meeting with USC about their OC spot. USC and KK is scary. He fits that atmosphere perfectly and would recruit and coach like a madman. USC could be the absolute perfect place for kliff to save/resurrect his career. 

Also, KK was born to be an O.C. He calls a good game. I think he liked the idea of being the head coach at Tech, but it's the kinda program that needs a lot more than just a dynamic offense. 

Running the USC offense would indeed be a perfect fit for him, and a far more likely path to the NFL than Tech...  if indeed he wants to get there. 

22 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

ha ha ha - what, he ate with the Auburn AD at Chick Fil A in Opelika, AL 🙄

Reminds me of the Baker Mayfield’s on campus? I don’t know who Baker Mayfield is? Answer from Big Game Bob. 

• LOL! 2

E611807F-B447-4B91-959F-BE2C5E14A5CE.png

What a group to choose from. Briles a couple years removed from the Baylor scandal getting a crack at his first job. First one for Spav too I’d guess. Longo had a fun offense at Ole Miss. I wouldn’t leave if I were them until I made sure the check cleared.

38 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Spavital to Texas State

Kendall Briles leveraged the Bobcats interest into a raise/extension at Houston...

Spav was probably the safest choice out of the three. No drama unless you count his boneheaded play calling at A&M. Knows the state. Young and a attack offense. Can you win at a school that’s commitment to the bottom line is higher than the will to win? We’ll see.

• Mr. P changed the title to 2018-19 College Coaching Changes