2018-19 College Coaching Changes

Valhalla

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Whoever take the GT job better make sure they get as many years as possible because it will take a few cycles to get that offensive personnel changed. 

Yeah...  most of the GT fans I'm seeing are hoping they hire another triple-option guy.  

18 hours ago, AKA said:

Yeah...  most of the GT fans I'm seeing are hoping they hire another triple-option guy.  

I think that is nuts! There is a total ceiling to any team in this day and age that plays that style...athletes on defense at a top notch program WILL cover it...you will not out scheme or trick them for an entire game (a couple series...a quarter maybe)...you gonna try and grind out against a high powered spread? Oklahoma with their whack defense in a brain warp even got it together against Army to win in their worst game ever. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, topher805 said:

Just saw where Tim Brewster is off to join Mack at UNC

that hire may hurt A&M's recruiting...he was the lynchpin in all the big time recruiting Texas did back in the day...getting Vince Young to sign along with quite a few other of the very best off the all-time teams.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I think that is nuts! There is a total ceiling to any team in this day and age that plays that style...athletes on defense at a top notch program WILL cover it...you will not out scheme or trick them for an entire game (a couple series...a quarter maybe)...you gonna try and grind out against a high powered spread? Oklahoma with their whack defense in a brain warp even got it together against Army to win in their worst game ever. 

Same... 

Yeah, I'm no expert, but I don't see why the new GT guy (whoever he is) couldn't just adapt the flexbone triple-option personnel into the kind of spread option that many college teams use. Yeah, there's gonna be a growing curve, but it ain't rocket surgery. At the end of the day it's still blocking and tackling. 

54 minutes ago, AKA said:

Same... 

Yeah, I'm no expert, but I don't see why the new GT guy (whoever he is) couldn't just adapt the flexbone triple-option personnel into the kind of spread option that many college teams use. Yeah, there's gonna be a growing curve, but it ain't rocket surgery. At the end of the day it's still blocking and tackling. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing the “Pistol option” come to Atlanta.  Most of you should understand that term and what it could do...  essentially backing up the QB 2-3 yards to run the same offense might draw in some more recruits... taking the option to the pistol also opens up easier pass options.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing the “Pistol option” come to Atlanta.  Most of you should understand that term and what it could do...  essentially backing up the QB 2-3 yards to run the same offense might draw in some more recruits... taking the option to the pistol also opens up easier pass options.

I was hoping to see more of that from my alma mater this year. Yeah yeah, probably sounds greedy considering our level of production this year, but I just think the Pistol is cool, and the Diamond backfield too. 

Oh well. 

• Mr. P changed the title to 2018-19 College Coaching Changes