2018-19 College Coaching Changes

Valhalla

10 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

So I'm seeing Kliff still hasn't officially agreed with USC and that the Rams are now offering him a position on staff.

Dude has some options. USC putting the squeeze on him now to make up his mind. I want to say he has until Wednesday to sign the contract or it's gone. 

The Rams may end up being one of his lesser offers. Apparently gathering interest as an NFL HC. 

On 11/27/2018 at 8:33 AM, AKA said:

I don't think people understand what a cushy gig Bob has right now. Dude is literally living his best life right now. Getting paid six-figures to play golf with alumni, hang out in the pressbox with media and muckity-mucks, and sit in on the occasional booster meeting. He and Carol can travel and schmooze to their hearts content. 

Dude ain't giving that up for anything less than an absolutely optimal and perfect situation. Why should he? Stoops has total leverage right now.

If (and that's a BIG if) he takes any new gig, it'll be somewhere where he pretty much gets the run of the place, and has minimal pressure. Youngstown State or something close to the extended family. I just don't see him taking anything 'til Drake and Isaac graduate. 

On top of that, expectations at Auburn are off the charts crazy. There are a large number of Auburn people with significant dollars and influence who think they should be dominating BAMA the way Tommy T did in the Mike Shula/ Dubose/ Franchionne years. Gus has been inconsistent, but he is one of only two coaches in the country with multiple wins over Saban, and they’re ready to run him off. Now, I get it that they expect  better than 7-4 for $49 mil, but that contract is their fault. I think Bob recognizes the level of crazy he would be stepping into and probably isn’t ready to give up the gig he’s got for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

So what he means is he doesn’t know?

Our AD tweeted out today that Littrell will not be at the bowl press conference tomorrow because he will be in Manhattan. New York that is for some awards show haha. He’s trolling all of us, but like I said I will not be shocked if he leaves. Also, Kansas State announced they are doing a national search. Another rumor I read, there is a power struggle at Kansas State right now. Snyder wants them to hire his son. The AD wants to hire the NDSU head coach who he has connections too. Either way Littrell is going to get more money next year. From us or Kansas State.

31 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Our AD tweeted out today that Littrell will not be at the bowl press conference tomorrow because he will be in Manhattan. New York that is for some awards show haha. He’s trolling all of us, but like I said I will not be shocked if he leaves. Also, Kansas State announced they are doing a national search. Another rumor I read, there is a power struggle at Kansas State right now. Snyder wants them to hire his son. The AD wants to hire the NDSU head coach who he has connections too. Either way Littrell is going to get more money next year. From us or Kansas State.

K State probably isn’t the only Power 5 program interested in him. Plenty of other jobs out there. I hope he stays at NTSU. I like seeing them have success. 

2 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Kansas State won’t be the only ones looking

24 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

All of the sudden you sound worried!

No, I was wondering who else you are hearing he's linked too. I won't be too shocked if he leaves for a bigger job, that's the nature of the business lol. It would be great for the program if he stays another year, but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

No, I was wondering who else you are hearing he's linked too. I won't be too shocked if he leaves for a bigger job, that's the nature of the business lol. It would be great for the program if he stays another year, but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

As good as he’s done the last two years he’ll be on lots of short lists, that’s all I’m saying

13 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Oh yeah, there's no doubt about that. I think he leaves next year. More big jobs will probably be open. At the moment, Louisville, Kansas State, and Maryland are the only big jobs open. I would hold out until next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Canada gets a shot to continue at Maryland.  

Yes those are the only open now, but they’ll all be better paying jobs I’d guess

• Mr. P changed the title to 2018-19 College Coaching Changes