2018-19 College Coaching Changes

Valhalla

49 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

good pull for Florida State...I'd hate to work for/with Willie Taggart...he seems like a mess 

Taggart ia a great example of a fail upwards coach. He’s never really been dominant anywhere he’s coached but he always winds up getting a better job. In 10 years as a HC, he has one 10 win season, one 8 win, four 7 win, four seasons of 5 wins or less. 16-20 got him the South Florida job. 24-25 got him Oregon. 14-10 got him FSU. 52-57 overall record. And that’s the head coach of one the premier football programs in the country. FSU shoulda hired the IMG Academy HC for that.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Taggart ia a great example of a fail upwards coach. He’s never really been dominant anywhere he’s coached but he always winds up getting a better job. In 10 years as a HC, he has one 10 win season, one 8 win, four 7 win, four seasons of 5 wins or less. 16-20 got him the South Florida job. 24-25 got him Oregon. 14-10 got him FSU. 52-57 overall record. And that’s the head coach of one the premier football programs in the country. FSU shoulda hired the IMG Academy HC for that.

Taggart is very poor as a HC. There was one person on this site that was defending Taggart to his death (can't remember who exactly) and I couldn't believe it. The guy is not a good HC. Period.

But good move on FSU's part getting KBriles

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Taggart is very poor as a HC. There was one person on this site that was defending Taggart to his death (can't remember who exactly) and I couldn't believe it. The guy is not a good HC. Period.

Taggart might be a good MWC coach or a coach in the Sunbelt. He’s not a Power 5 premier program coach. He’s not. Can he get the guys to FSU to implement his style before FSU wakes up to the con? We’ll see.

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Taggart might be a good MWC coach or a coach in the Sunbelt. He’s not a Power 5 premier program coach. He’s not. Can he get the guys to FSU to implement his style before FSU wakes up to the con? We’ll see.

Yup. That's where I see him!

19 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

But good move on FSU's part getting Kendal Briles

H_ll that might be the only thing that saves Taggart for an extra year or so...until someone hires Briles away as a HC

8 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

H_ll that might be the only thing that saves Taggart for an extra year or so...until someone hires Briles away as a HC

Taggart better take full advantage of Briles, because if FSU doesn't improve next season, Taggart will be out the door.

5 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Taggart is one of those "In the right place at the right time" kind of guys.

He is kind of like that Corporate guy who just happened to meet the boss in the bathroom by accident and left an impression that got promoted before he got fired for poor performance.

I mean, he "had Oregon on the way up."  and he "Got the guys to South Florida"  but he didnt really do anything with them...

• Like 3

Most of these young, successful coaches have a identity or brand. What’s Taggart’s? Is he revolutionizing offensive football? Is he a great recruiter? A program builder? I’m coming up 0-3 on him. The dude is a post turtle coach. You don’t know how he got there but you sure as heck know he doesn’t belong there.

Yep, I think he worked under Harbaugh and realized he didn't understand the offense to the degree (have the discipline - he, the other coaches, and especially his players) he needed for his team to run that offense, so he grabbed onto someone else's version of wild spread that he could name the "Gulf Spread" not like he revolutionized offensive football. I have to be honest, when I have seen his better rink-a-dink teams play (USF) they are successful because they have an "athletic" QB that fell from a bigger Florida school and they are playing basketball on the football field and just picking on the even dinkier mountain, hillbilly small FBS and Georgia and Carolina NAIA, FCS & D2 schools. At Oregon and Florida State with what would be premier athletes...his stud offensives have been terrible. I think he should be looking to be at a nice Group of 5 school where he builds a juggernaut that's like UCF now...the yearly undefeated that the big boys don't want to play and you may have a shot at a bid and when/if they go to 8/16 teams then you are in the playoff yearly.  

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

And Temple is a jump job, look at the last 4 HCs. Diaz in prime position, but um Richt looking to bring in Tommy Tupperware as DC, Richt trying to get fired lol

21 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

And Temple is a jump job, look at the last 4 HCs. Diaz in prime position, but um Richt looking to bring in Tommy Tupperware as DC, Richt trying to get fired lol

Just don’t let Tommy leave the restaurant table first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...