2018-19 College Coaching Changes

Valhalla

18 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Holgorsen and Tillman are big buddies. Wouldn't surprise me if he got Dana.

He supposedly wanted to interview for the Tech job but it never happened.  I think he knew this year was his best shot at winning the Big 12.  Lose a lot next year and that qb yesterday didn't look very good.  I could see them and TCU with big drop offs next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

He supposedly wanted to interview for the Tech job but it never happened.  I think he knew this year was his best shot at winning the Big 12.  Lose a lot next year and that qb yesterday didn't look very good.  I could see them and TCU with big drop offs next year.

Yeah, gonna be a "building year" for both of 'em. 

5 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

If Holgorsen goes to UH would that make the 2 Oklahoma schools the only hurry up, air-raid teams left in the Big 12?

Wouldn't it be funny if the SEC becomes a high-flying big scoring league, while the Big XII becomes filled with methodical run-first offenses? 

• LOL! 2

15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Wow!!! That’s a pretty big shocker. 

Too many U boosters/alums want it to be like it was in the '80s glory days. That kinda dramatic progress ain't gonna happen overnight, if ever...   but Richt was doing good things, and was building the program. It's a shame he's not going to be able to finish the job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

Cristobal (spelled wrong lol)

Lol, yeah close enough. :D 

I mean, I get it. He's an alum and all...  but so was Richt. I just don't get the haste on this deal.

Cristobal has a shot at making a great run with Oregon next year. Why would he bail now?

2 minutes ago, AKA said:

Lol, yeah close enough. :D 

I mean, I get it. He's an alum and all...  but so was Richt. I just don't get the haste on this deal.

Cristobal has a shot at making a great run with Oregon next year. Why would he bail now?

I agree, but I was just speculating on who they think they get.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Yeah, I gotcha. But this pattern seems cyclical with Miami. 

Full disclosure: my extended family has been involved in UofM affairs since the '60s, so I have to hear a lotta stuff about the school and football program (via kinfolk) even though I don't really support them. 

Miami fans are basically nouveau riche Texas fans, but also somehow worse. Unrealistic and undeserved high standards. 

14 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Where do Y’all rank Miami ,program wise, right now in Florida? Florida and UCF might be a toss up for 1 imho.  Hargett has a mess at FSU so I’d put them behind Miami. How do you change that? Who could change that? Christobal has the ties and is a heck of a recruiter, but do you leave Oregon for Miami? Is Miami still a big enough program to have their choice of coaches? 

11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Where do Y’all rank Miami ,program wise, right now in Florida? Florida and UCF might be a toss up for 1 imho.  Hargett has a mess at FSU so I’d put them behind Miami. How do you change that? Who could change that? Christobal has the ties and is a heck of a recruiter, but do you leave Oregon for Miami? Is Miami still a big enough program to have their choice of coaches? 

Florida is way out in front...  Miami and Florida State are bickering about second-place while UCF looks back at them sadly because they actually are the 2nd best program in the F.L.A. right now.  FAU and FIU are just happy to be mentioned.  

I've no doubt that Cristobal could do well there. I just wish there was a more gradual transition from Richt. I really think he was laying a pretty good foundation. Kinda reminded me of Schnellenberger's first couple seasons at the U. 

But I guess Diaz taking the Temple job forced things. The defense was the straw that stirred the drink this season. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I think it is #3.

The Florida job is one of the most overrated jobs in college football imo, but I would still rank it #1 of the Florida schools. 

• Like 2