2018-19 College Coaching Changes

Valhalla

13 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The ACC has a way of making guys who failed in the Big 12 look like a genius again.

I'm trying to remember back to when he was a genius.

I do know he has very close ties to Miami as his father was the mayor there and he grew up there. Don't know if that has anything to do with the sudden hire but it can't hurt.

51 minutes ago, DTrump said:

I'm trying to remember back to when he was a genius.

I do know he has very close ties to Miami as his father was the mayor there and he grew up there. Don't know if that has anything to do with the sudden hire but it can't hurt.

He was good at Mississippi State and he was good at Miami. 

They had a top 5 defense by statistics this season.

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Kudos to West Virginia by finding new and exciting ways to embarrass the Big 12 by losing your coach to a G5 job.

Hopefully they hire another non air-raid guy like Tech.  Just need Riley to go to the I-formation full time and for T. Boone to finally make Gundy mad enough to take another gig.

10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Kudos to West Virginia by finding new and exciting ways to embarrass the Big 12 by losing your coach to a G5 job.

It’s not WV fault that they aren’t Houston. Hologo wanted this job when they hired Major. He just wants out of the mountains, he’ll probably get into some crazy stuff in Houston. 

I bet there is a pay raise in his contract if he gets them to the playoffs or into a major conference during his tenure...

So with this hire, do you think Houston becomes the #3 school in Texas (if its not already)?

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

I bet there is a pay raise in his contract if he gets them to the playoffs or into a major conference during his tenure...

So with this hire, do you think Houston becomes the #3 school in Texas (if its not already)?

Big12 should really consider adding Houston. Several graduate transfer QBs on the market, including one with a pretty good resume that is a hometown kid. 

Just now, trueblue82 said:

Big12 should really consider adding Houston. Several graduate transfer QBs on the market, including one with a pretty good resume that is a hometown kid. 

If they Big 12 adds Houston then Oklahoma needs to leave immediately. 

It will bring ZERO value to the conference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

No, they won’t pass up Texas, Texas A&M, or even TCU or Tech. 

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If they Big 12 adds Houston then Oklahoma needs to leave immediately. 

It will bring ZERO value to the conference.

If the B12 adds anyone it needs to be outside of Texas or Oklahoma...  I would look for a school that has room to expand... and not just enrollment... I mean look at TCU, their improvements have been great, but there is almost nowhere left to build in the middle of Ft. Worth... So the only way they could expand the football stadium now is to go upwards....

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

No, they won’t pass up Texas, Texas A&M, or even TCU or Tech. 

Bypassing TCU and Tech is what I was looking at...  Could Holgerson out-recruit them?  After last year, beating Tech in recruiting wouldn't be hard... but TCU still has a proven top notch coach