2018-19 College Coaching Changes

Valhalla

18 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

If the B12 adds anyone it needs to be outside of Texas or Oklahoma...  I would look for a school that has room to expand... and not just enrollment... I mean look at TCU, their improvements have been great, but there is almost nowhere left to build in the middle of Ft. Worth... So the only way they could expand the football stadium now is to go upwards....

The only likely candidates are Florida directional schools (UCF/USF) or middling G5 schools like Memphis/Louisville. 

16 minutes ago, AKA said:

The only likely candidates are Florida directional schools (UCF/USF) or middling G5 schools like Memphis/Louisville. 

Just saw this on another board, Big XII with an East/West division format: 

Big XII East
Oklahoma
Texas
Iowa State
West Virginia 
Central Florida
South Florida

Big XII West
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Sign me up for that today.

I could actually see Memphis sustains the success they’ve recently had, are in a decent recruiting region and TV market.  Owner of fedex is a Memphis man and could bring in more sponsorships too.  

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Sign me up for that today.

If the Big XII was smart they'd go all-in on bringing Arkansas to the Big XII, maybe Nebraska or Memphis to even it out (numbers-wise). 

Then you replace Baylor with Houston, and suddenly the conference isn't quite as much of a joke. 

File this under things that will never happen. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

I could actually see Memphis sustains the success they’ve recently had, are in a decent recruiting region and TV market.  Owner of fedex is a Memphis man and could bring in more sponsorships too.  

Memphis is the best candidate to me among the schools not already in a P5 conference.

both things are somewhat shocking...the thought that Kliff would resign to INTERVIEW for jobs (I always said, a man is much more valuable when he's working than when he's not...cause he can pay his bills)...and that Ohio State let Schiano go as DC, Day must have been a little intimidated.

Could 2 schools have whiffed on getting their best HC with the first chance...Tennessee and Ohio State by not offering it to Greg Schiano? He was a stud at Rutgers (no matter what happened at Tampa Bay...a whole different ball game)...no one else can win at Rutgers or even sniff it, period. 

On 11/24/2018 at 6:51 PM, Valhalla said:

I think that is a mistake.

On 11/24/2018 at 7:11 PM, Valhalla said:

Tech had what every program wants. 

A young, innovative offensive coach. 

I just see who they will get that will be better?

Litrell from North Texas?

Texas Tech fired a guy who was hired as an NFL head coach.