The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Valhalla

2018-19 College Coaching Changes

35 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Could be a little premature coaching move on my part.

I don't think Brohm would like that dumpster fire. 

I had head early on that Brohm probably would stay at Purdue since he has done so much to "get it built" there, plus like it's been said...Louisville fell off a cliff in the last year and a half it seems. I really feel the "Papa John's Situation" hurt Louisville football/sports more than any of us know. As a recruit and their parents look over the prospect of schools, when Louisville comes up...the Papa John's stuff has a bad racist stink to it. Teachers and athletes have talked to me about it...that don't have a big athletic footprint, so if those people brought it up without me prompting it then I know a minority family "would be out" on Louisville right now until the page gets turned.

Now with Purdue, I feel they fell off after the hot start and that may give Brohm reason to say, "Was this our chance? Should I get out of here and rebuild in another conference?". If I was him, I would get out of Purdue. I feel like his section of the Big10 is the weak side and it's down now on top of that. If he couldn't get to the top now, then it won't happen. He'll forever be trying to be Northwestern's and Indiana's rival. Get over to Louisville where your QB has a goal to work at a pizza joint after college instead of Purdue, where your guys all have their slide rule and protractors in the huddle.

Word is that LSU and Les Miles have come to an agreement to pay off his buyout (less to release him)...and he has been in negotiations with Kansas. This seems like it would be a big snag for the Jayhawks if he can do things as well as he did in the past.

This could be interesting. He’s a good recruiter and could make them at least KSU level of functional. I don’t expect a great deal out of him at Kansas, but I’m intrigued at least. 

Les is gonna' have to hit the ground running.  Kansas currently has one single commit for the current class.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Kansas got their guy.

I called it a while back

• Stinks 1

52 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This could be interesting. He’s a good recruiter and could make them at least KSU level of functional. I don’t expect a great deal out of him at Kansas, but I’m intrigued at least. 

Oh now it's a good move

• Stinks 1

It's an interesting move. Beatty left the roster full of Juniors and Sophomores. Only a few seniors graduate this year. Maybe he can spark some life in the program. 

What would Kansas’ recruiting look like under Les? Would they try to tap into Louisiana more under Les? 

14 hours ago, Stoney said:

What would Kansas’ recruiting look like under Les? Would they try to tap into Louisiana more under Les? 

They have to.  Les is still loved in Louisiana and southern Texas 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DTrump said:

So your an CF insider now huh? 😂

Not really dude it's a sports forum do you really have to get in it with everyone

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

49 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Not really dude it's a sports forum do you really have to get in it with everyone

-765 as we speak. -800 by the end of the weekend?

I'll give you credit on the "blowout" numbers

• Haha 1

Is Kingsbury back on the hot seat after today's loss to KSU?

Tech would have to beat Baylor next week to be bowl eligible.

Edited by thegreatbambino

13 hours ago, DTrump said:

-765 as we speak. -800 by the end of the weekend?

I'll give you credit on the "blowout" numbers

I can see who the one that doing it lol. I honestly don't care. If that what makes you tick then have it. 

• Stinks 3

Is Helton coaching USC next year?  If not he has to be the #1 coach on the hot seat to start next season.

15 hours ago, thegreatbambino said:

Is Kingsbury back on the hot seat after today's loss to KSU?

Tech would have to beat Baylor next week to be bowl eligible.

He definitely should be. I think he’s canned after this year. And if they don’t make a bowl game I can almost guarantee it. If Tech keeps him another year they will get worse 

3 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

He definitely should be. I think he’s canned after this year. And if they don’t make a bowl game I can almost guarantee it. If Tech keeps him another year they will get worse 

I think KK is an excellent OC. Not so much as a HC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Is Helton coaching USC next year?  If not he has to be the #1 coach on the hot seat to start next season.

Top 10 recruiting classes is nice. If you can’t coach them up or gameplan for them, well you get a Clay Helton. 

I will say this for Kansas. 

They convinced a guy who has won a National Championship as a head coach to come to Kansas.

That in itself is pretty impressive. Even though I don’t think it will work. 

• Like 1