2018-19 College Coaching Changes

Valhalla

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Big sigh of relief in Denton right now. Seth Littrell just announced to the team he is returning. There are other sources out confirming this as well.

dude, gotta get that message out no matter what so that recruits don't bail...got Christmas signing day coming up and it's the MOST critical for every school now

it ain't over til spring really...

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Kendal Briles agreed to a 3-year, $2.1 million deal to remain at Houston after Texas State was interested, but now he's emerged as an OC candidate at two Power 5 schools.

https://t.co/Ry94hTpDFX

Dude should stay at Houston... he needs a good HC job to help take care of his dad after his dad fell on the sword for him...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Dude should stay at Houston... he needs a good HC job to help take care of his dad after his dad fell on the sword for him...

Definitely think Art fell on the sword for Kendal and others...in a program that size, the HC shouldn't be involved/know about that kind of stuff. I "preached" that relentlessly when all that went down. During my college career with squad sizes of 20-30, as we got good and ranked nationally...my team captains acted as assistant coaches and of course knew about "where the bodies were buried" immediately and tried to keep me away from those worries and tried to squash the issue before it got to anyone "actually at the school" (AD/admin/compliance) because I was trying to recruit/fundraise/coach and all the things to continue raising our team to another level..."it takes a team to win". They knew that once "the smoke" of an issue got to me...then man, I was going to put a hurting on them in some way, shape or form.

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Definitely think Art fell on the sword for Kendal and others...in a program that size, the HC shouldn't be involved/know about that kind of stuff. I "preached" that relentlessly when all that went down. During my college career with squad sizes of 20-30, as we got good and ranked nationally...my team captains acted as assistant coaches and of course knew about "where the bodies were buried" immediately and tried to keep me away from those worries and tried to squash the issue before it got to anyone "actually at the school" (AD/admin/compliance) because I was trying to recruit/fundraise/coach and all the things to continue raising our team to another level..."it takes a team to win". They knew that once "the smoke" of an issue got to me...then man, I was going to put a hurting on them in some way, shape or form.

So you knew they were hiding stuff from you and you just pled ignorant?

3 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Georgia Tech: Geoff Collins (Temple's current HC) will be named head coach of the Georgia Tech Ramblin' Wreck

Interesting...  what kinda offense does Temple run? 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

So you knew they were hiding stuff from you and you just pled ignorant?

me personally? college students are always hiding things from their coaches/adults/parents. we are simply filling the role of parent of sorts once they sign with us. you cannot be with 30 players 24/7 --> so imagine at Baylor 140 or so players. You have to try and trust...so, with 18-22 year olds with their first time with "freedom", they are in better shape and better looking than 98% of the school, they have a women's team attached to their squad essentially with the same traits and qualities --> lots of good-looking "partnering up", they are all very clannish in that it's us against the world (protect what we're building). People do have issues. Pled ignorant? 

I'm not a fool...I worked in youth ministry with kids before my coaching career ever began. You still try and have empathy for mistakes of youth. No player is ever coming in to their coach (in the Baylor case) and saying, "hey coach, I messed up...I raped these 2 hotties last night". Though you have players constantly coming in spilling their guts about their relationship "issues", including bad sex issues, drama. You try and counsel and HELP. Drinking is a part of college and I don't know...you advise them to keep it to a minimum and they better not do anything that gets them in trouble. "Don't be on a street corner in Auburn/Opelika drunk/high screaming at a cop while the rest of the team is trying to drag them back into the car." That causes the issues. That may get back up the channels and get the coach called in where he's having to explain things and do some disciplinary things that go beyond our "inner team punishments". 

54 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

me personally? college students are always hiding things from their coaches/adults/parents. we are simply filling the role of parent of sorts once they sign with us. you cannot be with 30 players 24/7 --> so imagine at Baylor 140 or so players. You have to try and trust...so, with 18-22 year olds with their first time with "freedom", they are in better shape and better looking than 98% of the school, they have a women's team attached to their squad essentially with the same traits and qualities --> lots of good-looking "partnering up", they are all very clannish in that it's us against the world (protect what we're building). People do have issues. Pled ignorant? 

I'm not a fool...I worked in youth ministry with kids before my coaching career ever began. You still try and have empathy for mistakes of youth. No player is ever coming in to their coach (in the Baylor case) and saying, "hey coach, I messed up...I raped these 2 hotties last night". Though you have players constantly coming in spilling their guts about their relationship "issues", including bad sex issues, drama. You try and counsel and HELP. Drinking is a part of college and I don't know...you advise them to keep it to a minimum and they better not do anything that gets them in trouble. "Don't be on a street corner in Auburn/Opelika drunk/high screaming at a cop while the rest of the team is trying to drag them back into the car." That causes the issues. That may get back up the channels and get the coach called in where he's having to explain things and do some disciplinary things that go beyond our "inner team punishments". 

OMG.....  don’t even get this #### started again YoungCoach.  The Baylor coaching staff had girls coming to them and they talked them out of going to the authorities.  Yea the players may not come to their coach and tell them they raped a girl, but when a girl comes to the staff with a claim burying that claim isn’t the appropriate thing to do.  That is the reason Baylor burned.  

You basically said in the post i refrenced earlier that you knew stuff new stuff was going on and just basically did nothing.  Maybe being proactive instead of reactive would help.  There are things you can do

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

OMG.....  don’t even get this #### started again YoungCoach.  The Baylor coaching staff had girls coming to them and they talked them out of going to the authorities.  Yea the players may not come to their coach and tell them they raped a girl, but when a girl comes to the staff with a claim burying that claim isn’t the appropriate thing to do.  That is the reason Baylor burned.  

You basically said in the post i refrenced earlier that you knew stuff new stuff was going on and just basically did nothing.  Maybe being proactive instead of reactive would help.  There are things you can do

when you know kids are doing college kid things and you're trying to let them have a "little" bit of a college life that's what I refer to...not sexual assaults. That's why I always defended ART, not Art's assistants because from always holding that head coach position myself I knew that more than likely if any of that BAD STUFF was coming like that, it was getting pulled far away from ART BRILES because then he would then be forced to put a foot down. As I said about my times...things happen, it's college...little things (hopefully no big things)...people handled issues I'm sure. You would hear from team captains later in reunions or a year later (when a stud kid flames out) about an issue "in the next town over" they handled or "at a party" where they had to contain something. I think Art's assistant's knew they had players above Baylor's "pay grade" but with that comes a price...too many at one time and it turns into a hot mess. They kept pushing the limit to try and go to the next level...because it benefited them as assistants (they could get better jobs --> head jobs). It blows up and they are out of a career. 

If I knew of something...my policy..."you do the crime, your entire team does the time" --> it tended to lend itself to a lot of accountability and success...maybe some "code red" situations when people couldn't get it together and it was costing everyone theoretically.

11 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

when you know kids are doing college kid things and you're trying to let them have a "little" bit of a college life that's what I refer to...not sexual assaults. That's why I always defended ART, not Art's assistants because from always holding that head coach position myself I knew that more than likely if any of that BAD STUFF was coming like that, it was getting pulled far away from ART BRILES because then he would then be forced to put a foot down. As I said about my times...things happen, it's college...little things (hopefully no big things)...people handled issues I'm sure. You would hear from team captains later in reunions or a year later (when a stud kid flames out) about an issue "in the next town over" they handled or "at a party" where they had to contain something. I think Art's assistant's knew they had players above Baylor's "pay grade" but with that comes a price...too many at one time and it turns into a hot mess. They kept pushing the limit to try and go to the next level...because it benefited them as assistants (they could get better jobs --> head jobs). It blows up and they are out of a career. 

If I knew of something...my policy..."you do the crime, your entire team does the time" --> it tended to lend itself to a lot of accountability and success...maybe some "code red" situations when people couldn't get it together and it was costing everyone theoretically.

........🤦🏼‍♂️

Still defending a piece of ####

• Like 1

3 time FCS NC winning coach Chris Kleiman of NDSU is taking over Kansas State. 6 years/ $2.3m with $200k annual raises. That’s a pretty darn good hire. A coach who is used to drawing recruits to a less than desirable location and getting results (67-6 record). K State could have another Bill Snyder on their hands.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

3 time FCS NC winning coach Chris Kleiman of NDSU is taking over Kansas State. 6 years/ $2.3m with $200k annual raises. That’s a pretty darn good hire. A coach who is used to drawing recruits to a less than desirable location and getting results (67-6 record). K State could have another Bill Snyder on their hands.

Hopefully the Big 12 is slowly trending away from all the air raid stuff.  OU, Gundy, and West Virginia look to be the only hurry up offenses left in the league.  Also, I'm not sure what the new Tech coach runs, but I don't think it's any of the hurry up stuff.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Good hire