✝️ The persecution of Christianity

OBTS

LarryDavid, I know that your liberal mind wants to think that....but have you ever been to the United States Supreme Court Building? I have.

You could march the U.T. Longhorn Band, the A&M Corp Band, & the Human Jukebox (Southern University Band) the front steps are so big - without even getting close to a small group of 15 students and seven adults (22 total) praying.

Besides, if you actually read what the article said - they were told that their praying was against the law, not that they were asked to move because they were blocking the building's entrance.

LarryDavid, I know that your liberal mind wants to think that....but have you ever been to the United States Supreme Court Building? I have.

You could march the U.T. Longhorn Band, the A&M Corp Band, & the Human Jukebox (Southern University Band) the front steps are so big - without even getting close to a small group of 15 students and seven adults (22 total) praying.

Besides, if you actually read what the article said - they were told that their praying was against the law, not that they were asked to move because they were blocking the building's entrance.

Moderates don't want to see what this nation is becoming under the liberal's iron fisted totalitarianism.......so they ignore it and hope it goes away or collaborate with it and hope it won't affect them......

From the article for those inclined to not read it:

"A group of Christian students was allegedly ordered to stop praying outside the U.S. Supreme Court building on May 5 because a court police officer told them it was against the law.

The students were part of a junior high school American History class at Wickenburg Christian Academy in Arizona. After taking pictures on the steps of the Supreme Court building, their teacher gathered them to a side location where they formed a circle and began to pray. "

RIF

^^^^See my post above about moderates turning a blind eye to the totalitarian tactics of this government....... :saint:

If you ignore it, it won't go away...it will get worse........if you collaborate with it, it will destroy you eventually......

Okay, so one police officer is an idiot.

Something is unjust in this great country of ours!

This MUST be that anti-christ Obamas doing!

Obviously a piece of a much larger plan to tear apart our country's moral fibers.

And would anyone like to give a legitimate reason as to why I can't find this story on literally any other news media site through a google news search?

Here in Delaware, Ohio they banned the nativity scene from the courthouse lawn and all Christian symbols. Obviously the Christmas tree is a pagan symbol at heart but was adopted by the Christians so it was not allowed to be there anymore. But you know what? The Jewish symbols, Muslim and whatever other symbols were allowed!..... :thumbdown:

At the site of the twin towers in NYC, they are going to build a mosque for the Muslims!!!!!!! Now I have no problem with different religions and beliefs. I don't bash gays although I deffinatly think it's wrong but I would treat one of them just the same as I would anyone else. TO A POINT! The limp wristed prancers that seem to want to shove it down everyone's throat really get on my nerves but I wouldn't beat the #### out of one. However to allow a Muslim mosque to be put at the site of the NYC tragedy is nothing more than a slap in the face of the people, no matter what religion any of them were, and to all American's!!! It should not be allowed!!!

I saw where some radical Muslim whatever didn't approve of the South Park cartoon making fun of Muhammid. In his statement he mentioned that he hated America and everything about it. Yet there he was standing on the streets of NYC being allowed to bash our country! The only thing I could think was that if he hated us so bad the get the hell out of my country!

• 1 month later...

A co-worker often reminds me of the phrase "live by the sword, die by the sword". When Jesus was led to crucifixion he did not fight back, did not defend himself-he was beaten, spat upon.

What should these Indians have done? Obviously they have no weapons. Biblically speaking should these Indians wishing to practice Christianity just sit back and take it?

No they should not we talked about this situation in bible study we have a right to defend ourselves

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The "days of Noah" are fast approaching!!! Here is an excerpt:

"President Mikey Weinstein and others from his organization met privately with Pentagon officials on April 23. He said U.S. troops who proselytize are guilty of sedition and treason and should be punished – by the hundreds if necessary – to stave off what he called a “tidal wave of fundamentalists.”

“Someone needs to be punished for this,” Weinstein told Fox News. “Until the Air Force or Army or Navy or Marine Corps punishes a member of the military for unconstitutional religious proselytizing and oppression, we will never have the ability to stop this horrible, horrendous, dehumanizing behavior.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/is-the-u-s-military-preparing-to-court-martial-christians.html

2 +2 = 4

http://conservativehideout.com/2013/04/26/pentagon-blocks-southern-baptist-convention-website-new-round-of-attacks-on-christians/

A couple weeks ago, we covered how the military was now classifying Catholics and Evangelicals along with terror groups and Christian Identity groups. It’s the lastest in the SPLC-styled effort to smear Christians by comparing them to actual hate groups. In the latest round of this effort, it seems that the Pentagon has banned the Southern Baptist Convention website from military installations around the US…

The U.S. Military has blocked access to the Southern Baptist Convention’s website on an unknown number of military bases because it contains “hostile content” — just weeks after an Army briefing labeled Evangelical Christians and Roman Catholics as examples of religious extremism, Fox News has learned.

The Southern Baptist Convention is the nation’s largest Protestant denomination known for its support of the pro-life movement and its strong belief in traditional marriage.

Southern Baptist chaplains reported that
SBC.net
had been blocked at military installations around the nation. An Air Force officer told Fox News that when he tried to log on to the website he received a message that his Internet usage was being logged and monitored for trying to access a blocked site.

Um, this is yet another example of how the Obama administration has seemed to selectively singled out Christians for censorship. Kinda reminds me of this…

18 “If the world hates you, just remember that it has hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, then the world would love you as its own. But I chose you from this world, and you do not belong to it; that is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: “Slaves are not greater than their master.’ If people persecuted me, they will persecute you too; if they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours too. 21 But they will do all this to you because you are mine; for they do not know the one who sent me.

John 15

• 11 months later...

Poll: Homosexuals are viewed more favorably than evangelical Christians
Life Site News ^ | Ben Johnson

Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2014 6:57:49 PM by Morgana

WASHINGTON, D.C., April 3, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Ned Flanders is considered one of the most likable characters on television. But according to a new poll, more people may have a positive view of Big Gay Al.

The public views homosexuals more favorably than evangelical Christians, according to a new survey of 1,000 likely 2016 voters.

According to the survey, 53 percent hold a favorable view of homosexuals. Only 42 percent said the same about evangelicals.

Homosexuals had fewer detractors than fundamentalists, as well. In all, 28 percent viewed evangelicals unfavorably, 10 percent more than those who held a similar view of homosexuals.

The polling firm and its funding have raised some eyebrows.

The survey was performed by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research (GQRR), which was founded by Stanley Greenberg, President Bill Clinton's pollster during the 1992 presidential election.

It was commissioned by its client, the homosexual lobbying group Human Rights Campaign.

GQRR has worked for a host of liberal-progressive, pro-abortion, or homosexual groups or individuals.

Its advocacy group clients feature such left-wing groups as Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, NARAL Pro-Choice America, EMILY'S List, Pro-Choice Voter, MoveOn.org, Center for American Progress, the Kellogg Foundation, and the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals.

Aside from Clinton, prominent political clients include Al Gore, Walter Mondale, Rahm Emanuel, Bill Richardson, former Senator John Corzine, and numerous national and state Democratic party affiliates.

The newest poll found a cavernous gap on the issue of redefining marriage between people of faith and those who never attend church. Nearly two-thirds (63 percent) of people who attend religious services weekly oppose same-sex “marriage.” However, even more (84 percent) of those who never attend support same-sex “marriage.”

GQRR did not release demographic information about whether their poll was scientifically representative of the United States as a whole. However, national media portrayals of homosexuals have been overwhelmingly positive, while its coverage of evangelicals has typically been hostile.

The Family Research Council and the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission declined to comment on this story.

• Mr. P changed the title to ✝️ The persecution of Christianity