✝️ The persecution of Christianity

OBTS

"GQRR did not release demographic information about whether their poll was scientifically representative of the United States as a whole."

I don't believe this poll is representative of the United States as a whole. I wonder who they polled if they didn't make it scientifically representative. If true, it's really sad...

In the backwoods, near your compound, I am sure that is true.

There's actually been a poll on that too, and again well, wrong again : http://autos.aol.com/article/survey-determines-women-prefer-men-in-black-pickup-trucks/ . Women prefer men that don't do household chores either : http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/magazine/does-a-more-equal-marriage-mean-less-sex.html?_r=0 . From the second article written by a woman : A study called “Egalitarianism, Housework and Sexual Frequency in Marriage,” which appeared in The American Sociological Review last year, surprised many, precisely because it went against the logical assumption that as marriages improve by becoming more equal, the sex in these marriages will improve, too. Instead, it found that when men did certain kinds of chores around the house, couples had less sex. Specifically, if men did all of what the researchers characterized as feminine chores like folding laundry, cooking or vacuuming — the kinds of things many women say they want their husbands to do — then couples had sex 1.5 fewer times per month than those with husbands who did what were considered masculine chores, like taking out the trash or fixing the car. It wasn’t just the frequency that was affected, either — at least for the wives. The more traditional the division of labor, meaning the greater the husband’s share of masculine chores compared with feminine ones, the greater his wife’s reported sexual satisfaction.

As for this poll, I think it's true. However you have to take into account the many schisters that people see on tv and believe to be the definition of evangelical Christians. I think they look at the preacher as a representative of the congregation. There's only been one Billy Graham, but we have countless Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, Benny Hinn, Robert Tilton, Joel Osteen , and others of their ilk. That's why the perception is the way it is.

As for this poll, I think it's true. However you have to take into account the many schisters that people see on tv and believe to be the definition of evangelical Christians. I think they look at the preacher as a representative of the congregation. There's only been one Billy Graham, but we have countless Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, Benny Hinn, Robert Tilton, Joel Osteen , and others of their ilk. That's why the perception is the way it is.

I can agree with that. You have to know the actual definition of an "evangelical Christian" to know the difference between the ones you see on TV, and the ones that are real evangelists. Sadly, there's probably a majority of people, especially those that don't go to church regularly, that look at the ones on TV as representative of that definition.

All of those are crooks but that Robert Tilton takes the cake...I don't see how he sleeps at night

I can agree with that. You have to know the actual definition of an "evangelical Christian" to know the difference between the ones you see on TV, and the ones that are real evangelists. Sadly, there's probably a majority of people, especially those that don't go to church regularly, that look at the ones on TV as representative of that definition.

I've seen that only 40% of all Americans attend some form of church service weekly. That's leaves 60% that don't. Out of that 60% we really don't know how often that they do attend church service at. We do know that 2.4% of the American population are atheist, however 20% of the 60% are atheists, agnostics, or do not feel they belong to any faith. All of this information can be found at the Pew Research Center. So were looking at a broad swath of people that fit into the category of those that would think in the manner that I presented. Then again, we had another story today about a preacher that stepped down from a large congregation in Florida because of morality reasons. This is why people are dropping from the rolls of many churches, they see the hypocrisy by the leadership or other church members, and they don't want to have any part of it. With the LGBTwhatever, they know they're going to be a bunch of fruit bats so they know they're going to be that way.

Sounds like they probably polled a bunch of homos.

Funny ...

I seriously doubt the validity of most of these pro-gay polls. Like most liberal polls, they are designed to get the desired result of the biased pollsters.

Poll question probably was something like this. Do you approve of gay love where two men love each other and raise their adopted family children with love and compassion or do you approve of evangelical preachers stealing old folks money who are sick and on Social Security

The first one where two loving parents, homosexual, take care of children. You know that those two really aren't choices.

I know that but my point was about how poll questions could be used to get the desired results.

The first one where two loving parents, homosexual, take care of children. You know that those two really aren't choices.

Man sees them differently, but ALL sin is the same in the eyes of God. And He will forgive all of it, if you ask Him for forgiveness and accept Him as your Lord and Saviour.

Yeah, I am taking that warm preaching from you, True, a caustic ####. You assume too much. Been a good Baptist for about 40 plus years or so. Difference is, I didn't get my brain sucked out in the baptistry drain, nor did my heart close.

your religious and Caiaphas was high priest

Yeah, I am taking that warm preaching from you, True, a caustic ####. You assume too much. Been a good Baptist for about 40 plus years or so. Difference is, I didn't get my brain sucked out in the baptistry drain, nor did my heart close.

Being a Baptist doesn't mean anything as far as salvation goes. Hell will be full of Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, non-denominationals, and Catholics.

• Mr. P changed the title to ✝️ The persecution of Christianity