✝️ The persecution of Christianity

OBTS

Florida Set To Repeal 38-year-old Ban On Gay Adoption
Washington Times ^ | April 8, 2015 | Gary Fineout

Posted on 4/9/2015, 9:01:38 AM by Iron Munro

Florida’s nearly 40-year-old ban on gay adoption - which hasn’t been enforced for the past five years - is about to be tossed out by the state’s Republican-controlled Legislature.

But it’s not going without a fierce debate, including whether the state should adopt a separate law that would let private agencies use religious or moral grounds to turn away gay couples seeking to adopt children.

Some Republicans say this “conscience” law is needed to ensure that faith-based organizations handling adoptions will keep offering their services, but other legislators have compared the measure to Indiana’s religious objections law and said it would encourage discrimination against gay couples.

Both the House and Senate spent hours on Wednesday debating the state’s existing ban - and what will happen if it is permanently removed from law.

Sen. Don Gaetz, R-Niceville, defended the decision to jettison the gay adoption ban and called it a relic of another time that is now meaningless since an appeals court declared the law unconstitutional in 2010.

“We don’t need to turn the social clock in this state back to 1977,” said Gaetz, who is sponsoring the adoption bill.

Sen. Kelli Stargel, R-Lakeland, tried unsuccessfully to persuade other senators to keep the ban on the books. Stargel argued that getting rid of the ban could lead faith-based organizations to leave the state.

“I’m not going to let something leave this chamber and go to the governor that I think is the wrong policy for the state of Florida,” said Stargel.

The Florida Senate on Wednesday gave tentative approval to the bill (HB 7013) that eliminates the ban.

But after an outcry from conservative groups over the demise of the ban, House Republicans have agreed to push forward a separate bill that would “shield” religious organizations

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

Florida Set To Repeal 38-year-old Ban On Gay Adoption

Washington Times ^ | April 8, 2015 | Gary Fineout

Posted on 4/9/2015, 9:01:38 AM by Iron Munro

Florida’s nearly 40-year-old ban on gay adoption - which hasn’t been enforced for the past five years - is about to be tossed out by the state’s Republican-controlled Legislature.

But it’s not going without a fierce debate, including whether the state should adopt a separate law that would let private agencies use religious or moral grounds to turn away gay couples seeking to adopt children.

Some Republicans say this “conscience” law is needed to ensure that faith-based organizations handling adoptions will keep offering their services, but other legislators have compared the measure to Indiana’s religious objections law and said it would encourage discrimination against gay couples.

Both the House and Senate spent hours on Wednesday debating the state’s existing ban - and what will happen if it is permanently removed from law.

Sen. Don Gaetz, R-Niceville, defended the decision to jettison the gay adoption ban and called it a relic of another time that is now meaningless since an appeals court declared the law unconstitutional in 2010.

“We don’t need to turn the social clock in this state back to 1977,” said Gaetz, who is sponsoring the adoption bill.

Sen. Kelli Stargel, R-Lakeland, tried unsuccessfully to persuade other senators to keep the ban on the books. Stargel argued that getting rid of the ban could lead faith-based organizations to leave the state.

“I’m not going to let something leave this chamber and go to the governor that I think is the wrong policy for the state of Florida,” said Stargel.

The Florida Senate on Wednesday gave tentative approval to the bill (HB 7013) that eliminates the ban.

But after an outcry from conservative groups over the demise of the ban, House Republicans have agreed to push forward a separate bill that would “shield” religious organizations

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

When are those prissy, latte sipping leftie, libs going to understand its about protecting the Bible.

I can see that one day it will be forced on churches to accept homosexuals and allow their marriages in their sanctuaries by the Government. I have said all along that this is what they LGBT community is pushing for.

Any church that complies with that deserves the condemnation from God that their action will bring them.........

I can see that one day it will be forced on churches to accept homosexuals and allow their marriages in their sanctuaries by the Government. I have said all along that this is what they LGBT community is pushing for.

LGBT just want acceptance. There will be churches that accept homosexuals. The first amendment makes it clear that the government should not judge based on religion. You can believe what you choice. LGBT Americans should have the same opportunity whether they believe in Jesus, Moses, Zues, Jupiter, or nobody.

LGBT just want acceptance. There will be churches that accept homosexuals. The first amendment makes it clear that the government should not judge based on religion. You can believe what you choice. LGBT Americans should have the same opportunity whether they believe in Jesus, Moses, Zues, Jupiter, or nobody.

The FIRST AMENDMENT says no such thing..........

The FIRST AMENDMENT says no such thing..........

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

You do not need a Harvard Constitutional lawyer to interpret that there shall be no preference to any religion in the US.

No.....it says congress can't set up a state religion, nor can it prohibit the free exercise of religion.......doesn't come close to saying what you claim........

No the government shall not make no preference because the congress has the only ability to establish a national religion. The United States is not a Christian country. It is an open country that respect all religions. If a homosexual wants to be a homosexual, they should be allowed to be a homosexual in the United States.

I also cannot find a preference towards Christianity.

You are correct.......government has NO SAY in religious matters whatsoever.......THAT is what THE FIRST AMENDMENT means when it speaks of not establishing a religion and not being allowed to prohibit anything religious.....m

You are correct.......government has NO SAY in religious matters whatsoever.......THAT is what THE FIRST AMENDMENT means when it speaks of not establishing a religion and not being allowed to prohibit anything religious.....m

I could not agree more.

You may agree, but your previous posts show you don't UNDERSTAND..........

I agree that you misunderstand as well. I think that you do not understand the biases toward religion in the US of A. There is none. I can be homosexual and the US cannot hold any bias because Christians disagree.

I agree that you misunderstand as well. I think that you do not understand the biases toward religion in the US of A. There is none. I can be homosexual and the US cannot hold any bias because Christians disagree.

Conversely.....the government can't FORCE me to violate my beliefs by making me serve a pervert in my place of business against my will.........

The LGBTQ can believe what they want, but they are not accepted by God, unless they repent of their sins. If they want to be married in a church sanctioned by Zues, Jupiter, or anyone else then they should join their fellowship. When it comes to the Most High, He will not tolerate homosexuality, and He has said so to His anointed prophets, apostles, and disciples.

No the government shall not make no preference because the congress has the only ability to establish a national religion. The United States is not a Christian country. It is an open country that respect all religions. If a homosexual wants to be a homosexual, they should be allowed to be a homosexual in the United States.

What the Constitution states is that religions are exempt from laws passed by Congress, and they are given the right to not accept someone that does not fit the dogmas and teachings of their faith. If someone chooses to be gay, they can be it's their freedom, but they can't force a religion to accept them.

• Mr. P changed the title to ✝️ The persecution of Christianity