LE VS GILMER

BIGTEX1972

21 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

I don't know if L-E wants it bad enough. Gilmer doesn't lose at home, and they don't want a losing record either. L-E hasn't beaten Gilmer since 2006, that's 12 straight years, and twice the Buckeyes beat L-E  in the same season, eliminating them in the playoffs. If L-E would play Gilmer like they did against Carthage and Pleasant Grove, I can't imagine Gilmer winning. This Leopard team has not improved week by week. I also know L-E has lost eight starters to injuries this season, but Gilmer has also been hurt by a lot of injuries. The team that loses this game has to play a 10-0 Sunnyvale team, and the winner gets a team that will be beatable. I will say Sunnyvale hasn't played a very tough schedule.

The Traylor era Gilmer did not lose at home. This will be the third home loss this season, and should be the fourth loss if Van had not given us a win in week 2. LE has been right on top of Gilmer since 2015. We got away with one last year. LE wins easily on Friday in Gilmer.

Oh yeah, I would trade every win against LE since 2006 for a victory against them in the playoffs that year. That was the state championship game and LE put it on us and went on and won state, just like we would have done if we would have won that game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metalhead10 said:

The Traylor era Gilmer did not lose at home. This will be the third home loss this season, and should be the fourth loss if Van had not given us a win in week 2. LE has been right on top of Gilmer since 2015. We got away with one last year. LE wins easily on Friday in Gilmer.

Oh yeah, I would trade every win against LE since 2006 for a victory against them in the playoffs that year. That was the state championship game and LE put it on us and went on and won state, just like we would have done if we would have won that game.

Every thing that could have gone wrong did go wrong in that game. 12 years later and I still have bad memories. And you are correct, that was the state championship 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metalhead10 said:

You are correct about everything you say

• Like 1

21 hours ago, metalhead10 said:

Not so fast about Friday night and Gilmer losing.  LE is so unpredictable.  A few games this year LE has played outstanding.   Other weeks it’s a train wreck.  Gilmer is a 10 point favorite.   Should be interesting Friday night.   

Just now, WHoDatBreezy said:

Gilmer - super athletic, can't get on the win train

LE - super athletic, cant get on the win train

Sounds like us in 2012 when the suspended Sean, are these teams missing their coaches too?

Yes. We had problems in 99 with our coaching staff as well. Bud wasn't getting it done..we opted for Lance. 

1 hour ago, WHoDatBreezy said:

but Kilmer looked at you like a son, treated you like one too!! He told you to protect Lance and you didn't>

Thank the Lord you aren't on my O line

Kilmer also wouldn't give Wendell the ball after he got them all the way down the field!!  Don't worry though he's going to Grambling!

I think the Bux will take a W at their last home game for the season. They really need it and to give the fans a little hope to make a decent playoff run. Hopefully with the past 2 weeks to prepare for this it will pay off. Been wrong before, but I hope I'm not. 

Ready for tonight's game. Gonna be a cold one for sure.