Jeff Traylor

justafan

I’ve heard a few people mention to me that when the season is over he is going to be Named SFA Head Football Coach. Has anyone else heard this? If this is true I bet he would get this program rolling fast. With all his ties to East Texas. Also if it happened it would snowball a few head coaching jobs to open. Tyler lee Gilmer maybe Waskom. Maybe Jacksonville. All have ties with Jeff. Could get interesting 

50 minutes ago, justafan said:

I’ve heard a few people mention to me that when the season is over he is going to be Named SFA Head Football Coach. Has anyone else heard this? If this is true I bet he would get this program rolling fast. With all his ties to East Texas. Also if it happened it would snowball a few head coaching jobs to open. Tyler lee Gilmer maybe Waskom. Maybe Jacksonville. All have ties with Jeff. Could get interesting 

Not sure how much a first time college HC would dip into HS for coaching help. 

Wishful thinking from SFA fans money wise they cant touch him.

Sam Houston Coach K.C. Keeler is the highest paid coach coach in the Southland Conf at around 300K 

SFA was paying the last guy like 185 to 190 

They also seem to only want to spend money on basketball

If they could hire the A-M Commerce coach that's a great hire for them he is solid. I would love to see him at SHSU 

• Like 1

Traylor is associate HC at Arkansas. Do you do that a couple more years and then take a non Power 5 job, possibly a low to mid tier Power 5 school? Do you take the FCS route for the same possible result? 

Traylor would crush it at SFA. With his East Texas ties he could build a pretty darn good roster. Finances is another thing like Y’all mentioned. Do you take the pay cut to accelerate your shot at a high paying D1 HC job? Or do you stay on the path your on now?

31 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Traylor is associate HC at Arkansas. Do you do that a couple more years and then take a non Power 5 job, possibly a low to mid tier Power 5 school? Do you take the FCS route for the same possible result? 

Traylor would crush it at SFA. With his East Texas ties he could build a pretty darn good roster. Finances is another thing like Y’all mentioned. Do you take the pay cut to accelerate your shot at a high paying D1 HC job? Or do you stay on the path your on now?

Traylor should stick with Chad Morris until that Houston job comes open again...  just MHO...

12 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Traylor should stick with Chad Morris until that Houston job comes open again...  just MHO...

I was thinking he (Jeff Traylor) would leave when Sonny Dykes gets canned at SMU sometime in the next couple years, and coaching the Mustangs would be his type of head coach position. It was a huge eff up when they didn't go ahead and grab him this time. The players and recruits wanted him and it was odd when they named him the interim and then made a different move.

Haven't heard he will be named the coach, but I have heard he is listening to what SFA is trying to sell him. There are A LOT of changes coming in the athletic department, specifically with their fundraising arm. I would LOVE to have him, but I just don't see it as realistic.

Here are the names I have heard SFA fans throwing out...
Carthel (A&M Commerce)
Whitten (Tarleton)
Surratt (Carthage)
Harrell (UNT)
Dan Enos (Alabama QB Coach)
Curtis Luper (TCU RB Coach)
Matt Moore (Troy OC/OL Coach)
Kerwin Bell (Valdosta State)