The Smoakhouse Forums

Having problems with Private Messages?

Last person that happened to we fixed it... I just don’t remember how :lol:  I will try when I get home

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

I still cant open my messages.

let me see what I can do for you in the admin panel....

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

I still cant open my messages.

I disabled your messenger then re-enabled it... it also said you had a faulty email address registered "aol.com"... which SDC doesn't allow for whatever reason.  I changed it to @yahoo.com.... if you have a newer email use it instead (you can change it in your profile.)

16 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

I still can't get in my messages. 😭

let me see if i can hack them ;)  

• 1 month later...
On December 8, 2017 at 1:45 PM, Matthias said:

I read this thread as "massages" and I thought, now that would be a helluva feature. 

Perv!

Who woulda thunk it.  :woot:

• Haha 2
On 12/7/2017 at 10:41 AM, MavGrad99 said:

I disabled your messenger then re-enabled it... it also said you had a faulty email address registered "aol.com"... which SDC doesn't allow for whatever reason.  I changed it to @yahoo.com.... if you have a newer email use it instead (you can change it in your profile.)

I've been able to send messages and receive them in the past.  I don't do it very often so I haven't tried since the new change.  Did this just start happening recently ?  

7 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I've been able to send messages and receive them in the past.  I don't do it very often so I haven't tried since the new change.  Did this just start happening recently ?  

That requirement happened with the software update... but I havent heard of the issue from anyone else... so it may have been isolated... but it wouldn't let me fix anything in that account until I changed the email address.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Guys, this is an issue I can not fix.  I've tried and tried and tried and failed several times.  The only other option that I have is to delete your account and remake it.  I could restore your post count and reputation, but your post history and what is currently in your inbox would be lost.  Let me know if that is a route you want to take.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:17 AM, MavGrad99 said:

Guys, this is an issue I can not fix.  I've tried and tried and tried and failed several times.  The only other option that I have is to delete your account and remake it.  I could restore your post count and reputation, but your post history and what is currently in your inbox would be lost.  Let me know if that is a route you want to take.

You could delete rep history wait just delete my account this sounds like a trap...... Lol

2 minutes ago, Hlion said:

You could delete rep history wait just delete my account this sounds like a trap...... Lol

Reinvent yourself ;) 

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Dammit Mav, he didn't fall for it. 

Good try though.  :D 

• Haha 1
  • LOL changed the title to Having problems with Private Messages?