Who will win 4A D-1 state championship?

TCU44

I'd say Liberty Hill will be very very tough to get by.  LaVega is super-talented and has a stable of very speedy RB's combined with an excellent defense.  Stephenville is in the mix and can not be discounted out.......they have an excellent run defense and good secondary.  Their offense has been steadily improving.  Paris is very dangerous, but sort of banged up.  They have so much upside it's staggering what they may be able to do in any given playoff game......speed out the wazzoo......more than LV and that's hard to imagine.  Argyle and Carthage are very good and very well coached.  They both can score and both have great defenses.  Both teams play with great discipline and both coaching staffs make quality adjustiments during the game.  Carthage may have a bit more talent, but Argyle can and will play with anybody.  I think all of these teams are still improving.......it will be a very tough playoff rodeo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage, Argyle, LH, LaVega, and Paris (if they are healthy) all have a shot at the title. 

My hope is Carthage versus LH in the semifinals and then Carthage versus Argyle for the championship. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

I wouldn't want to play La Vega either.  

Again, as a neutral party, I would agree that Carthage will not repeat. Great coaching staff, good players but not what they have been the past two years. I was not impressed with them at all in the game against Hendo. I think the "district of doom" as a whole, is not as strong as it has been in the past. I hope I am wrong and one of the teams makes it all the way but I just don't think that's going to happen.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, OneTreehill said:

Again, as a neutral party, I would agree that Carthage will not repeat. Great coaching staff, good players but not what they have been the past two years. I was not impressed with them at all in the game against Hendo. I think the "district of doom" as a whole, is not as strong as it has been in the past. I hope I am wrong and one of the teams makes it all the way but I just don't think that's going to happen.  

Carthage is wayyyyyy better right now than Carthage 2016 at the same point in the season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

I wouldn't want to play La Vega either.  

Has nothing to do with not wanting to play LaVega, I just think Argyle is better. Prove me wrong and beat them when you play them again. 

The Dawgs will be better every game they play from here on out. 

As a famous saying in the movie 13 hours. 

Let them come. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage, Argyle, LH, LaVega, and Paris (if they are healthy) all have a shot at the title. 

My hope is Carthage versus LH in the semifinals and then Carthage versus Argyle for the championship. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly!