Who will win 4A D-1 state championship?

TCU44

35 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Carthage is wayyyyyy better right now than Carthage 2016 at the same point in the season.

After seeing the first game of the season (at Carthage), my concern was the Carthage running game. How has it transpired throughout the season?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

After seeing the first game of the season (at Carthage), my concern was the Carthage running game. How has it transpired throughout the season?

Running game is still about average for 4A...………..Running backs run hard, just not blazing fast...………...The soph backup has potential the next 2 years to be really good...…………..The running backs do make up somewhat for not being great(just good) at running the ball, by being good in the passing game.

Just now, cotton84 said:

Running game is still about average for 4A...………..Running backs run hard, just not blazing fast...………...The soph backup has potential the next 2 years to be really good...…………..The running backs do make up somewhat for not being great(just good) at running the ball, by being good in the passing game.

Thanks cotton84!

1 hour ago, OneTreehill said:

Again, as a neutral party, I would agree that Carthage will not repeat. Great coaching staff, good players but not what they have been the past two years. I was not impressed with them at all in the game against Hendo. I think the "district of doom" as a whole, is not as strong as it has been in the past. I hope I am wrong and one of the teams makes it all the way but I just don't think that's going to happen.  

I'm surprised the "district of doom" phrase is still being used honestly!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Has nothing to do with not wanting to play LaVega, I just think Argyle is better. Prove me wrong and beat them when you play them again. 

The Dawgs will be better every game they play from here on out. 

As a famous saying in the movie 13 hours. 

Let them come. 

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

You have to remember that LV played Argyle without their starting running back. For comparison, that would be like Carthage playing with out Dixon. 

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Carthage is wayyyyyy better right now than Carthage 2016 at the same point in the season.

Maybe so, we will see...I thought the running game was sub-par (for a state championship team) and the qb was very, very erratic with zero pressure on him. Their defense appeared very good but Henderson did little to test them. Very, very conservative play calling on Hendo's part consistently led to 3 and outs and gave Carthage the ball in great field position that Carthage's offense did little with till the second half when Hend's defense was gassed. Just my take. That and a dollar won't even buy a cup of coffee these days!!!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Whenever they need a spark in the running game they put Dixon back there. So I have zero concerns about our running game in the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

If the Dawgs repete it will be because of the best O line and D line in 4A. They are for real. 

Some on here say the Dawgs aren’t as good as last year. They don’t have to be 35 points better than everybody else, they just have to be 1 point better. 

Last year Carthage was only 7 points better then La Vega.  Without a doubt La Vega is every bit as good as last year if not better.  Hope we get there and have a chance at the Dawgs.  

Carthage will win it all.  You people kill me.  Does anyone remember how bad we beat our district last year.  About the same way as this year.  Pre season games were about the same as well.  We played a Marshall team and beat them soundly and they will make a run in 5a.   We beat a very good Pg team.  Everyone wants to compare us to last year did we ever run for 337 as a team last year in a single game well that happened Friday night against Henderson.  Our defense is awesome and our offense is really good.  Carthage will walk into the semi finals and liberty hill will see how good we are.  La vega and Argyle is a toss up both really good either one will be good game for the Dawgs at Jerry’s World.  Dawgs don’t lose championship games so Carthage carries the streak into next year and goes for four in a row and in case everyone is wondering we are absolutely loaded and this thing may go to five in a row in 2021.  The talent is as good as it has ever been in Title town.  

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

That is Carthage answer, put Dixon in at RB, WR, slot and in the wildcat.  

Why wouldn't we try to scheme with our best player? Heck Ingram even Ingram lined up as a wide out last year quite a bit. If you get time you should go read some of the older threads through our title years. It's the same thing every year. Maybe we'll win or maybe we won't but within the next 3 years I'd imagine we will have 2 titles.