Who will win 4A D-1 state championship?

TCU44

3 hours ago, Hlion said:

Don't get mad at me buddy just going by what I been told.

Mad hell I don’t have a dog in the fight.  I am just a fan.  I just don’t understand how people always doubt us and we always have to explain it.  Two times before we had undefeated teams going into the playoffs we won it all.  You have to agree our region is terrible and we would have to be the favorite coming out of it.  Heritage is good but not sure they can play this physical brand of football.  Liberty hill won’t be a cake walk but we have shown that we can defend that type of offense and with our offense  being able to score quickly a two  score difference will seam like 24 points in that game.  Just love the DAWGS so don’t hate because I support them.  I don’t hate on you for supporting the lions.  I feel if they get their offense going we could meet in the playoffs once again.

2 hours ago, DTrump said:

You said "the" Qb did". Seriously are you a liberal?

We have done caught you in several fabrications. What position does your kid play on the curious side?

Kid doesn’t play football.  I get to leave at the half in blowouts so I can go to bed early.  I was told it was the Horton kid and then I found out it was both qb.  Still impressive in a game that only plays 9 minute quarter for two kids to throw for over 300 combined. 

12 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

No I have not, all I can go on is what was written and said about the game when they played each other.

I have kept up with Argyle through the Argyle poster, he is an honest guy and post what he see's in the games.

Thanks for responding. God bless

Whether Carthage wins it all this year or not, the truth is, we will have a VERY good chance of winning it all the next few years. As I've stated before, NO ONE expected this Carthage team to be where they are at this point. Most in Carthage expected next year to be the year. So I'm going to enjoy this ride till it's over. I just hope the ride continues into Decemner.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Whether Carthage wins it all this year or not, the truth is, we will have a VERY good chance of winning it all the next few years. As I've stated before, NO ONE expected this Carthage team to be where they are at this point. Most in Carthage expected next year to be the year. So I'm going to enjoy this ride till it's over. I just hope the ride continues into Decemner.

Your incorrect in saying NO ONE...……Maybe not the majority, but some of us did...…………...I said it during  the playoffs last year and so did some others

• Thumbs Down 1

On 11/9/2018 at 7:48 AM, playactionpass39 said:

If you held me down and made me choose, I would have to take Carthage.

I know all good things come to an end, eventually, but they are the Champs until somebody shows me otherwise, 

this is my way of thinking as well... Is Carthage the best team in 4A right now?  Well, no one has proven otherwise... not even a top 10 5A team...

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

We will see how good Carthage is in the third round, Heritage will be a good barometer to measure Carthage by.      

Just curious which of La Vega's wins you think is better than Carthage's win over Marshall.  Not picking a fight, just want to hear your thoughts.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Just curious which of La Vega's wins you think is better than Carthage's win over Marshall.  Not picking a fight, just want to hear your thoughts.

We played very well against Argyle without a few starters and having 8 sophomore playing in that game.   The real question, what quality win does Marshall have?    

• Like 2

You people have short memory’s, it doesn’t matter who the Dawgs have played and never has. They will be better every week in the playoffs. Even in a down year with eight starters out, they went to the semi finals. Played the state champs in over time with 9 starters that were sophomores (Argyle). The Dawgs are who they are because of coach Surratt and coach Preston, and staff. 

This year it is not about skilled people as much as the best O line and D line in 4A. 

If you want to be the champ, you will have to go through the Dawgs to get it. I believe coach S will have them grabbing another gear in every game they play from here on out. 

If I was LaVega and Argyle I would be big time worried about Paris. 

Saw film on them, they have more speed than anybody in 4A. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

If I was LaVega and Argyle I would be big time worried about Paris. 

Saw film on them, they have more speed than anybody in 4A.

—————————————

True........Paris turned the ball over 6 times when they played Argyle and had a dozen penalties and still had a chance to win at the end. If they can calm down and get some discipline they will deal a lot of heartache in Region 2.  I guarantee Argyle doesn’t want to play them again. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, coachkells said:

We played very well against Argyle without a few starters and having 8 sophomore playing in that game.   The real question, what quality win does Marshall have?    

Didn’t answer my question, but that’s a fair point. I feel like you base a lot of your arguments on how you believe all the teams on La Vega’s schedule are better than anything Carthage has played.  And I think it’s all very subjective.

We’ve seen it and heard it many times.  We will find out when it happens.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

45 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Didn’t answer my question, but that’s a fair point. I feel like you base a lot of your arguments on how you believe all the teams on La Vega’s schedule are better than anything Carthage has played.  And I think it’s all very subjective.

We’ve seen it and heard it many times.  We will find out when it happens.

I for One, will be disappointed if the 4A-Div1 Championship Game isn’t between Carthage & Argyle; There has been so much back & forth between folks about which team is best, & it just won’t be decided if it goes any other way. 

Carthage, as usual, is growing stronger every week, & I’m sure the same goes for Argyle; This has all the makings of an all out war between two of the best teams in Texas Highschool Football, & to be honest, I’m Already getting hyped up about these two Titans going head to head, Mano a Mano to bring home all the marbles! 

Surratt & Preston’s Dawgs will be going after their SEVENTH CROWN in 11 years if they can win the war against the storied Argyle Eagles... GO DAWGS!!!🏈 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

5 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I for One, will be disappointed if the 4A-Div1 Championship Game isn’t between Carthage & Argyle; There has been so much back & forth between folks about which team is best, & it just won’t be decided if it goes any other way. 

Carthage, as usual, is growing stronger every week, & I’m sure the same goes for Argyle; This has all the makings of an all out war between two of the best teams in Texas Highschool Football, & to be honest, I’m Already getting hyped up about these two Titans going head to head, Mano a Mano to bring home all the marbles! 

Surratt & Preston’s Dawgs will be going after their SEVENTH CROWN in 11 years if they can win the war against the storied Argyle Eagles... GO DAWGS!!!🏈🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

I’m not convinced Argyle can beat La Vega again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This conversation is basically null and void.  We say Carthage, La Vega Fans say LaVega and so on and so forth.  To be the best beat the best I would say the final four should be Argyle vs La Vega and Liberty Hill vs Carthage.  Heritage is soft and gives up to many yards they want to play 7 on 7 in pads that will not even come close to beating Carthage.  

• Like 3