Who will win 4A D-1 state championship?

TCU44

I'm just not on the Paris bandwagon. The Cats always have talent and they have put the pieces together this year to form a very good team but IMO not a championship level team. I'm a Melissa guy and the Cards lead Paris 19-7 at half and 26-9 late in the 3rd quarter before they completely imploded in the 4th and the Cats pulled a stunning comeback. The Paris D is stout and #12 is an absolute stud but not sure the Cats will have enough offensively to go past the 3rd round. They only scored 27 on Anna (6 at halftime)  and 21 on North Lamar and those teams had zero D when I witnessed them play. IMO Argyle is far better than Paris and I was shocked Paris turned the ball over 7 times and only lost by 1 score.

I have a slight glimmer of hope Melissa can compete with LaVega on Friday afternoon... but given the Cards recent lack of run D somewhat attributed to #90 injured and out for year after Paris game I'm thinking round 3 will be LaVega-Paris. If this is at a neutral site somewhere in or near the Metroplex I will be there. My top 4 are Argyle, Carthage, Liberty Hill and Lavega. A potential dark horse is Sealy...has anybody seen them play? are they legit?

2 hours ago, Texski said:

I'm just not on the Paris bandwagon. The Cats always have talent and they have put the pieces together this year to form a very good team but IMO not a championship level team. I'm a Melissa guy and the Cards lead Paris 19-7 at half and 26-9 late in the 3rd quarter before they completely imploded in the 4th and the Cats pulled a stunning comeback. The Paris D is stout and #12 is an absolute stud but not sure the Cats will have enough offensively to go past the 3rd round. They only scored 27 on Anna (6 at halftime)  and 21 on North Lamar and those teams had zero D when I witnessed them play. IMO Argyle is far better than Paris and I was shocked Paris turned the ball over 7 times and only lost by 1 score.

I have a slight glimmer of hope Melissa can compete with LaVega on Friday afternoon... but given the Cards recent lack of run D somewhat attributed to #90 injured and out for year after Paris game I'm thinking round 3 will be LaVega-Paris. If this is at a neutral site somewhere in or near the Metroplex I will be there. My top 4 are Argyle, Carthage, Liberty Hill and Lavega. A potential dark horse is Sealy...has anybody seen them play? are they legit?

Anna was a trap game. NL is a rivalry game. No matter what the records are that game will always be a dog fight and it was also horrible field conditions. We’re a completely different team from the Melissa game. Too many weapons that can take it to the house at any given moment. They are used to being doubted just drives them even more. Go Cats! OTE

11 hours ago, Texski said:

Sealy are good enough to give teams fits as well,they are good also,this years it’s a tough playoffs district any team could pull away with the State in hands. The teams that most may be in the finals are Argyle vs Carthage but the way these other teams doings it’s a toss up to finals, and yes Sealy is legit so as Paris an others, don’t know about Liberty Hill but I hear that They are as well.

On 11/18/2018 at 4:29 PM, CarthDawg77 said:

So, you’re saying Carthage has “no chance” against the “argyle kids?”  Just wanna get you on record as saying it....

misunderstood me.  i was poking fun at regal for his continued sneaky warnings that argyle is superior to everyone else..  

37 minutes ago, house said:

misunderstood me.  i was poking fun at regal for his continued sneaky warnings that argyle is superior to everyone else..  

My bad.... I can take reagle ok; it’s the bi-polar kid who thinks Argyle can beat anyone, anytime Anywhere that grates on my nerves.....🤨👌

Carthage will not be stopped.  We didn’t even play Dixon that much didn’t show any new formations or plays and we still hung 46 with 7 of those coming from the 2’s.  Defense got several INT’s and pitched a shutout.  I look forward to the throwing of MH that just means Jacory will get more Interceptions. Dawgs beat MH 42-21 and on to round four.