Who will win 4A D-1 state championship?

TCU44

2 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

It's mind boggling to me how a lot seem to think it's just forgone conclusions who's going to meet in the semi-finals. I've been around long enough to know some very strange things can happen in the playoffs. There is sooo much football yet to be played.

Give us a little credit.  We have seen a lot of playoff football in the last ten years - like over 40 games worth. Though I agree there could/will be some surprises this year in the playoffs, I don’t think you will see them in 4A D1 Region 3 or 4.  Liberty Hill and Carthage are on a collision course in the semi’s.

5 hours ago, Hlion said:

I agree that's why I kinda can't take folks like CC serious saying that Carthage is just as good as last year. 

He never said that.  Quit making stuff up.  Those of us who have predicted the 3-peat have said straight up we dont expect to be as good as last year, just better than the teams we play this year,  of which there are none who are better than last year's Dawgs. 

On 11/13/2018 at 12:02 PM, ctown81 said:

Whether Carthage wins it all this year or not, the truth is, we will have a VERY good chance of winning it all the next few years. As I've stated before, NO ONE expected this Carthage team to be where they are at this point. Most in Carthage expected next year to be the year. So I'm going to enjoy this ride till it's over. I just hope the ride continues into Decemner.

While i picked us to 3-peat i certainly didnt expect to be 10-0 headed into the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

While i picked us to 3-peat i certainly didnt expect to be 10-0 headed into the playoffs.

We Have been the recipient of some very lucky breaks this year, namely, the fumble by the PG QB with 2:13 left in the game as they were driving down toward the goal line & we were trailing them in points....😳

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hlion said:

I will laugh hard if y'all get upset. Carthage isn't as good as you think everyone can be beat. Be humble

I literally posted last night that Carthage can be beaten and it makes the anticipation that much greater.

I only stated an opinion about MH’s capabilities of beating Carthage. I feel the only teams who can beat the Dawgs (if CHS plays well, as expected) are Argyle, LH and LV.

People like to act like Carthage folk aren’t humble. Anybody remember how arrogant the Gilmer guys were when they were good? Carthage fans are nowhere near that obnoxious and most those Gilmer fans who acted that way don’t participate on SDC anymore. Carthage fans show sportsmanship after each game. How bad did CHS posters harass you after 34-0 a few weeks ago? The answer is we didn’t rub your noses in it, that does no one any good. Bulldog fans could be the most annoying fans in the world, but we’re not. That perception is 99% inaccurate. Ask those 2012 Argyle players what fan base has ever presented them with something to hang in their locker room by fans of the team they just defeated deep in the playoffs as congratulations and encouragement. Guarantee the answer to that question is NONE OTHER THAN CARTHAGE.

I understand when we lose, which we will one day, you’ll probably laugh and gloat as if Henderson just won a football state championship.

We’re just hoping that loss doesn’t come in 2018.

The way the brackets are set up......LV will have to face Paris before they can even think about Argyle.  Argyle will have to face Stephenville before they can think about LV.  These four teams at this point in the season are all very capable of winning the region......end of story.  It doesn't matter what happened earlier in the season......what counts is how these teams are playing in recent weeks and how healthy they are NOW.  And in the coming playoff weeks.  I don't think there is another region in Class 4A D-1 you can say the same thing about.....I just don't think there are 4 teams in another region that are ALL capable of winning that region......and going forward to the SC game.

3 minutes ago, Hlion said:

You also posted many of times of how great Carthage is that they are the best there ever was

That is a flat out lie. 

I am a Dawg homer, but I would never say something that stupid. 

I am always going to believe the Dawgs can win every game. 

If they loose I will be the first one on here to congratulate the team that beat the Dawgs. 

You have so much envy against Dawg posters. 

The difference between me and you. I pull for the Lions unless they are playing the Dawgs or Tatum. 

What you say about me and the truth are as different as night and day. 

Carthage is in a good spot for sure......their likelyhood of injuries are way less than teams in Region 2.......that favors Carthage and Liberty Hill/Sealy also.  Wichita Falls Hirschi may get a game against the Canyon Eagles or maybe even Springtown.  But I would have to say that IF Hirschi does win Region 1.......then they would be the strongest team in that region to face the winner of Region 2.  The regional final for the winner of Region 2 will most probably be a tougher opponent than the semifinal game against the winner of Region 1.  By contrast......the Region 3 and Region 4 winners will most probably face a tougher opponent in the semifinal game.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

No, MH is not good enough. Seen them, not concerned about them posing a real threat to Carthage.

MH would play Carthage a lot like Marshall.  They can throw the ball around.  They have some big WRs and a decent QB.  But MH isn't as good as Marshall...  but MH is a solid team and would at least keep Carthage fans interested for a while.

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

MH would play Carthage a lot like Marshall.  They can throw the ball around.  They have some big WRs and a decent QB.  But MH isn't as good as Marshall...  but MH is a solid team and would at least keep Carthage fans interested for a while.

MH has one really good receiver and another very solid receiver. I’d rather face MH’s QB and receivers every day of the week than have to play Marshall with Green and your receivers. 

The comparison is definitely apples to oranges.

19 minutes ago, Hlion said:

LoL this why you are the only one I can't take seriously. Others have smh at you as well.

Lion, shut your mouth.  There are maybe 3 posters on here that no one takes seriously.  (insert mirror)...  I've seen some of your stuff on 2 other forums.  I am shocked they haven't banned you yet for your nonsense.

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

MH has one really good receiver and another very solid receiver. I’d rather face MH’s QB and receivers every day of the week than have to play Marshall with Green and your receivers. 

The comparison is definitely apples to oranges.

MH O Line isn't as good as Marshall's was either.

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

Lion, shut your mouth.  There are maybe 3 posters on here that no one takes seriously.  (insert mirror)...  I've seen some of your stuff on 2 other forums.  I am shocked they haven't banned you yet for your nonsense.

Nonsense has a large following and makes for entertaining reading, LOL.  And Lion does have some knowledge and makes good points at times.  He's the kind of poster any site would want.  

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

MH O Line isn't as good as Marshall's was either.

No sir, LV had MH QB running for his life. I’d expect the healthy CHS DL to do the same to him. MH threw several interceptions against LV and very easily could’ve been four or five. LV DB’s dropped a few interceptions. That game could’ve gotten way out of hand much quicker than it did. 

Argyle, Paris, Melissa, LaVega.....Liberty Hill, Sealy........CARTHAGE, midlothian heritage........all those teams fan bases can legitimately hope to win a state title in 2018

IMO.....the team that has the best chance, before the first playoff game starts, is Carthage - based on their region......3 of the teams mentioned probably need to play good and get a few breaks against the other teams to win. 

19 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I have not seen MH live, but have seen a little video and read a lot about them the last couple years.  The difference as I understand it between MH QB and the Marshall QB is the MH QB is a pro style QB and the Marshall QB is duel threat.

21 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I have not seen MH live, but have seen a little video and read a lot about them the last couple years.  The difference as I understand it between MH QB and the Marshall QB is the MH QB is a pro style QB and the Marshall QB is duel threat.

I am pretty sure he can run, but the offense is a pocket passing offense.  We only saw them in a scrimmage.  They have some horses, just not enough IMO.