Who will win 4A D-1 state championship?

TCU44

15 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

True and it can very well be Argyle vs Carthage in finals, I don't know anything on Liberty Hill nor Heritage, but I'm seeing Argyle if they get past La Vega, vs Carthage, Theres other teams that are good enough out there, Sealy been playing good ball and there underfeated as well, and La Féria don't know nothing about An has only one loss, so don't know there District teams or what so mystery teams like that, you don't know how good they are or nothing just a Mystery.

The thing is, you can't go by win/loss records. Can be very deceiving especially if you don't play anyone. 

7 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

The thing is, you can't go by win/loss records. Can be very deceiving especially if you don't play anyone. 

Anyone team you know, is that what you meant lol seriously, last year people were haveing high hopes for Argyle to go to finals to face Carthage and yea Argyle was underfeated last year also but got upsetted last year, so you never know till game is played, upset happens.

This playoff bracket cannot be no tougher, they and always had tough teams in this playoffs brackets, any team can be up settled any moment, records and who you played stuff be thrown out the window, it can even be a team you never heard of get into the finals,  never know like in the other division there were PG, won last years in the other division An never won State before and defeated West Orange Starke who were power house in there division last years An no one knew they would win it, like I said this before it's about match ups, it's like David vs Goliath it's a battle all the way thru State,and this division is the toughest.

Bandwagon Carthage fan here. I have watched them the last two years, and in MHO they aren't as good this year. The running game is just a shadow of what it was with Ingram, and it doesn't appear the defense is as good.

PG ran the ball very effectively, and if not for the late fumble would have probably won the game. It was a lucky break for the Dawgs, but on the flipside great teams make big plays in big moments.

They could very well win the whole thing, but a good running team could cause them problems by keeping Capps and the passing game on the sideline and wearing down the defense. PG had definitely worn them down by late 3rd quarter.

Either way I will be at every playoff game rooting for the Dawgs!

7 hours ago, easttex18 said:

Bandwagon Carthage fan here. I have watched them the last two years, and in MHO they aren't as good this year. The running game is just a shadow of what it was with Ingram, and it doesn't appear the defense is as good.

PG ran the ball very effectively, and if not for the late fumble would have probably won the game. It was a lucky break for the Dawgs, but on the flipside great teams make big plays in big moments.

They could very well win the whole thing, but a good running team could cause them problems by keeping Capps and the passing game on the sideline and wearing down the defense. PG had definitely worn them down by late 3rd quarter.

Please do come cheer for the Bulldogs! We love bandwagon fans!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, easttex18 said:

Everything you said in your post is true.  We appreciate your support.  But I must say no one in Carthage thought the 2018 Dawgs would be better than the 2017 Dawgs.  It’s ok because they don’t have to be in order to win another championship.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Everything you said in your post is true.  We appreciate your support.  But I must say no one in Carthage thought the 2018 Dawgs would be better than the 2017 Dawgs.  It’s ok because they don’t have to be in order to win another championship.

Agree they don’t have to be as good as last years, look at 2016 👀 👀 

To be perfectly honest......I've got the Canyon Eagles winning Region 1 against Hirschi, Argyle winning against Paris in Region 2, Liberty Hill winning against Sealy in Region 3, and Carthage winning against Hendo in Region 4 in my Bracket breaker.  I'm probably gonna be wrong on some of these brackets......but I do have Argyle against Liberty Hill in the final with Argyle winning it all 38-35......just to let everybody know.  Seems like Argyle and Carthage have trouble getting together for a game......things just seem to go a different direction when it looks like they will meet.  No magnetism there,  LOL.

1 minute ago, TCU44 said:

Argyle is a lot better than everyone else in 4A right now.They are playing at another level right now.

Argyle is unbelievable, they’re unstoppable and immovable/impossible to score points on.

Those Argonauts wear eyeblack and scare folks like it’s Halloween every Friday night. 

They’re just plum mean! 

Yep.......they even scare each other sometimes, LOL.  But really......the defense can and will be scored on by very quality opponents.  The real question is who can stop their offensive machine, Huh?  LV  and Paris couldn't do it in the rainy wet and cold conditions......and they are predominantly dominant running attacks that had a huge advantage in those conditions.

4 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Yep.......they even scare each other sometimes, LOL.  But really......the defense can and will be scored on by very quality opponents.  The real question is who can stop their offensive machine, Huh?  LV  and Paris couldn't do it in the rainy wet and cold conditions......and they are predominantly dominant running attacks that had a huge advantage in those conditions.

We shall find out.

Just now, regaleagle said:

Carthage has a balanced attack......it seems to me that they would pose the most problems for a team like Argyle......IF the two teams can ever get a chance to meet again, LOL.

Yep, when we first started playing each other in the playoffs it seemed like it’d be a matchup we’d see more often than we have. 

We just may get it this year if the Bulldogs can hold up their end of the bargain.

11 hours ago, regaleagle said:

To be perfectly honest......I've got the Canyon Eagles winning Region 1 against Hirschi, Argyle winning against Paris in Region 2, Liberty Hill winning against Sealy in Region 3, and Carthage winning against Hendo in Region 4 in my Bracket breaker.  I'm probably gonna be wrong on some of these brackets......but I do have Argyle against Liberty Hill in the final with Argyle winning it all 38-35......just to let everybody know.  Seems like Argyle and Carthage have trouble getting together for a game......things just seem to go a different direction when it looks like they will meet.  No magnetism there,  LOL.

Van is a team that is also a consideration, but we shall see. Go Dawgs!!