Who will win 4A D-1 state championship?

TCU44

7 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Yep.......they even scare each other sometimes, LOL.  But really......the defense can and will be scored on by very quality opponents.  The real question is who can stop their offensive machine, Huh?  LV  and Paris couldn't do it in the rainy wet and cold conditions......and they are predominantly dominant running attacks that had a huge advantage in those conditions.

If the Dawgs meet up with Argyle, my money will be on Surratt and Preston. They are 6 and 0 in the championship. 

In tough battles of elite teams.......injuries to key personnel can come into play.  There are still 4 weeks left for 4 teams to survive and advance.  Staying relatively healthy is a key to success each week at this level.  Luckily for Argyle.......they are very, very deep at all positions this season.  I'm not certain about some of the other contenders......and how much each team depends on just one or two of their main players for continued success to advance each week.

32 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

In tough battles of elite teams.......injuries to key personnel can come into play.  There are still 4 weeks left for 4 teams to survive and advance.  Staying relatively healthy is a key to success each week at this level.  Luckily for Argyle.......they are very, very deep at all positions this season.  I'm not certain about some of the other contenders......and how much each team depends on just one or two of their main players for continued success to advance each week.

#Henderson....😕

5 hours ago, regaleagle said:

good lead in to yet another warning to anyone that thinks they might have a chance against the argyle kids.  

I'm fairly certain La Vega is fairly deep too both offensively and defensively.  We know Paris has been banged up and may now be back healthy again with their best players.  Stephenville has some outstanding LB's and a very stout run defense.  If Heritage loses their QB.....they are in big trouble.  Stephenville already went thru that with no problem.....they had a very good #2 and so does Argyle. I would assume Liberty Hill's offensive attack will continue to pound regardless of who's carrying that rock. Kennedale runs a similar offensive scheme, but has a couple of very good backs and this year is passing more.  What happens to Carthage if Capps goes out???  Is there a backup that can produce?  I know Carthage depends on that balanced attack like Argyle does.......a good qb is absolutely necessary in their scheme. Melissa cannot perform without Lewis and Lewis, but do have a great back Young to run it.....only if the passing game is working.

58 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I'm fairly certain La Vega is fairly deep too both offensively and defensively.  We know Paris has been banged up and may now be back healthy again with their best players.  Stephenville has some outstanding LB's and a very stout run defense.  If Heritage loses their QB.....they are in big trouble.  Stephenville already went thru that with no problem.....they had a very good #2 and so does Argyle. I would assume Liberty Hill's offensive attack will continue to pound regardless of who's carrying that rock. Kennedale runs a similar offensive scheme, but has a couple of very good backs and this year is passing more.  What happens to Carthage if Capps goes out???  Is there a backup that can produce?  I know Carthage depends on that balanced attack like Argyle does.......a good qb is absolutely necessary in their scheme. Melissa cannot perform without Lewis and Lewis, but do have a great back Young to run it.....only if the passing game is working.

I understand what you’re saying about what if Capps goes out, but we can also say that about the Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, Texas Longhorns, Alabama Crimson Tide and Clemson Tigers. The starters at QB are starters, because they’re the best and the drop off from #1 to #2 is often immense. There’s usually a decent step down at QB if the starter goes out whether it’s high school or professional football, but I do understand what you’re saying.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Carthage would have a drop off if the starter goes out, no doubt, but they have a good dual threat that Surratt could put in...……and he has a soph that is a multi-sport athlete that has the makings of a being a good one...…… both mentioned would probably have been starters at QB at half the 4A schools this year.

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Paris has all of their players going at full speed if they get beat it won’t be because of injury it will have to be by a better team.