Pewitt vs Newton

Brahmaball

24 minutes ago, Newton2003 said:

We had a 47 yard field goal tonight if anyone cares lol

Yea, that's pretty exciting when it happens at this level. Don't see it very often. 

New Diana kid kicked a 56yd FG against Waskom back in '05 I believe. Right before halftime. The crowd couldn't believe the coach was gonna attempt it. The kid had a good leg, and regularly made 35-40 yarders in games. When he made it, the stands on both sides erupted. It was exciting to see. It was a 2A state record at the time, and I believe it still is. 

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Kickers are pansies. It’s a well known fact 

:rofl:

Well, sometimes ya gotta take points any way you can. 

I'll bet when yall play this game you will wish you had a decent FG kicker. Cause yall may never get inside the Newton 20yd line. lol 

8 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Hope you guys enjoy the venue Friday in Carthage.  We will roll out the red carpet for you.  I expect there will be a lot of folks that are not from Newton or Pewitt in attendance for this game.  

I know of about a dozen or so that wanna get a look at beast mode,before they start playing way out in the far reaches of Texas.

19 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I know of about a dozen or so that wanna get a look at beast mode,before they start playing way out in the far reaches of Texas.

☝️.  3A football is big in East Texas.  If you can drive less than an hour to see the defending state champs (who look like they will defend their crown again this year) why not.  We can hold a big crowd so the more the merrier.  Just don’t need many Henderson fans sitting on the visitor’s side because they have been known to stop up the toilets!   😂😂😂

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:16 PM, TTman7 said:

Yea, that's pretty exciting when it happens at this level. Don't see it very often. 

New Diana kid kicked a 56yd FG against Waskom back in '05 I believe. Right before halftime. The crowd couldn't believe the coach was gonna attempt it. The kid had a good leg, and regularly made 35-40 yarders in games. When he made it, the stands on both sides erupted. It was exciting to see. It was a 2A state record at the time, and I believe it still is. 

Arp had a female "extra point" kicker several years back.  Not much range, but she was accurate on extra points .... She made all-state ... lol ....

Newton has ruled the field in District. Had convincing wins in preseason. Watching some of the district games Newton has mixed a few things and tried different formations.  The 2 nd Qb has gotten some valuable playing experience. I like to see sharpness  good timing and consistency going into playoffs. With such dominance Newton has accomplished through district my concern is meeting that team that can strike back. Can Newton just reach and answer the call instantly after marching through their district almost effortlessly.  I'm ready to see Newton open it up. Have no doubt they have the athletes and coaches to bring it. It's time for beast mode. If you lose a game now you go home. No more games like the Arp game we lost a couple years ago in playoffs. Purple Pride !!