Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brahmaball

Pewitt vs Newton

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Is he the same caliber as Barlow?

Thinking PP keeps the score below 35-38, if they can get the coin toss and just use the play clock like PG does and all of it before snapping the ball they can limit Newton’s touches and keep the score lower. Don't see an approach where PP can pull out the win, but if they play good on the line and get some first downs they can keep it somewhat respectful.. Sorry NB, but yall drew the Meg and they hungry... Chain out.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Thinking PP keeps the score below 35-38, if they can get the coin toss and just use the play clock like PG does and all of it before snapping the ball they can limit Newton’s touches and keep the score lower. Don't see an approach where PP can pull out the win, but if they play good on the line and get some first downs they can keep it somewhat respectful.. Sorry NB, but yall drew the Meg and they hungry... Chain out.. 

Nothing to be sorry about. Just unlucky. Sure wish DF had beaten EF. Really bit us on the backside in the end. We are super young and returning 9/9 next year. 8-2 wasn’t bad considering our coach got here after school let out and the boys had to learn a new offense and defense. Honestly we had a better year than I expected. It was looking pretty dreadful last May. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 10:38 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

I know your not supposed to make physical threats but if anyone adds a poll to this thread  I’m gonna straight up Michael Meyers their a##

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Is he the same caliber as Barlow?

Most definitely. Brown is a better WR/DB of course, while Barlow is a better RB. It’s not fair to judge them because the two bring different skill sets to the field. Brown has offers for both WR and CB, so I think he’s more diverse. Oh well, Newton doesn’t have him anymore, so no need to worry about him I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I think Barlow is faster in my opinion.. but brown was a deadly threat in their passing game... 

He's not. If Brown were still on the team, Barlow is the 4th fastest. J. Foster#5, Z. Gulley#12 and T. Brown#8 can edge him out. All four are very fast though. You didn't get to see Gulley or Brown last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BiggieSmalls said:

He's not. If Brown were still on the team, Barlow is the 4th fastest. J. Foster#5, Z. Gulley#12 and T. Brown#8 can edge him out. All four are very fast though. You didn't get to see Gulley or Brown last week. 

I seen brown a lot last year In person and on tv for the state game,  he has great acceleration when he stops and changes directions,   And foster can fly too but Barlow just over all has got power and the speed to go with it..  but nonetheless all are very great athletes that are few and far between 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I seen brown a lot last year In person and on tv for the state game,  he has great acceleration when he stops and changes directions,   And foster can fly too but Barlow just over all has got power and the speed to go with it..  but nonetheless all are very great athletes that are few and far between 

I agree with you. I was just stating who was the fasted on the track i guess. I would take Barlow if we are speaking "football fast". If that makes any sense. haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BiggieSmalls said:

I agree with you. I was just stating who was the fasted on the track i guess. I would take Barlow if we are speaking "football fast". If that makes any sense. haha. 

No it makes sense bud lol

what makes this newton team so dangerous is that you can’t just key on one certain player.. 

for instance I promise PP is going to key on Barlow hard and that’s when foster and even yalls #3 is going to have a big game! 

Does gulley just play defense or offense too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

No it makes sense bud lol

what makes this newton team so dangerous is that you can’t just key on one certain player.. 

for instance I promise PP is going to key on Barlow hard and that’s when foster and even yalls #3 is going to have a big game! 

Does gulley just play defense or offense too? 

Won’t be keying in on Barlow the second half. He will be sitting on the sideline enjoying some nachos and a Powerade by that time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to the Brown kid exactly? Nothing that’s gonna effect his football career I hope. Seemed like a nice young man in the news piece. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

turf monster might be PP's advantage, Newton has been playing in wet cow pastures all season, prolly be some tripping going on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GATA1 said:

turf monster might be PP's advantage, Newton has been playing in wet cow pastures all season, prolly be some tripping going on

They’re blazing fast in mud I can only imagine what’s like on a nice surface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Won’t be keying in on Barlow the second half. He will be sitting on the sideline enjoying some nachos and a Powerade by that time. 

Lol I wish y’all the best of luck man,  it’s just a bad draw for a good team.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What happened to the Brown kid exactly? Nothing that’s gonna effect his football career I hope. Seemed like a nice young man in the news piece. 

Some things that we can't discuss on here. I have a good feeling that everyone will see #8 out on the field before the playoffs are over. What game will that be? I couldn't tell you. I just think we will all see him play again this year and that will not be good for opposing teams. When he's out there, there's not much you can do to stop them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BiggieSmalls said:

Some things that we can't discuss on here. I have a good feeling that everyone will see #8 out on the field before the playoffs are over. What game will that be? I couldn't tell you. I just think we will all see him play again this year and that will not be good for opposing teams. When he's out there, there's not much you can do to stop them. 

I just hope he continues he’s football career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I just hope he continues he’s football career. 

Agreed. You should come to round 3-4, you just may see him in action. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Won’t be keying in on Barlow the second half. He will be sitting on the sideline enjoying some nachos and a Powerade by that time. 

Do Waskom a favor and soften them up a little bit just in case we get to play them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 11:18 AM, BiggieSmalls said:

Tamauzia Brown is back for this game. Joking. I wish the teams that Newton plays could see that kid play. Fun to watch on both sides. Prediction? 56-7. 

How long is he out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...