Round 1 Mt. Vernon vs Tatum

Jeepster89

Who moves on ?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on ?

• Mount Vernon
    • Tatum

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2018 at 02:00 AM

7 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

First off congrats to MV. They played a good game. I would say great but they turned the ball over 4-5 times. Honestly had it not been for the turnovers I think there would have been a wider margin of victory. With that said I think Tatum shot themselves in the foot playing an injured Qb. It was much easier to defend Tatum knowing he couldn’t run. OB played with heart and I hated seeing him at less than 100% but the coaches would have been served to go to the backup because he was a sitting duck. With all that said Tatum had a great season and if he hadn’t been injured who knows how far he might have taken them. 

PS if any of you know the Tatum fan wearing the Papa Smurf colored tabagan y’all get a handle on that guy before he has a heart attack 😂

They did the same thing last week in the 2nd half against GW. The only thing I can think is the Coaching staff didn't feel like they had a capable backup. Good Season for Tatum. If the QB doesn't go down they probably go 3 or 4 rounds deep. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

They did the same thing last week in the 2nd half against GW. The only thing I can think is the Coaching staff didn't feel like they had a capable backup. Good Season for Tatum. If the QB doesn't go down they probably go 3 or 4 rounds deep. 

That  has to be it. It was obvious he was too injured to be effective. The crazy thing is they still nearly pulled it off.  Injuries are part of the game but I still hate to see it.

• Like 1

I noticed he started the game with just the normal amount of tape on his ankle and appeared to be moving decent but it was evident as the game wore on it became more sore. Which is totally understandable. He came out in the second half with extra tape and just gave it his all. Hats off to him, most players with that injury would've likely folded up like a cheap lawn chair and he didn't. Can hold his head high knowing he left it all out there.

22 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I noticed he started the game with just the normal amount of tape on his ankle and appeared to be moving decent but it was evident as the game wore on it became more sore. Which is totally understandable. He came out in the second half with extra tape and just gave it his all. Hats off to him, most players with that injury would've likely folded up like a cheap lawn chair and he didn't. Can hold his head high knowing he left it all out there.

Very courageous player!!! I hate he couldn't reap the rewards of his hard work and dedication he put in this year. He will have great success in life. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TripandUno said:

Give us a few years and we will get one of these too. We’ve got 2 solid baseball coaches that are about to take this program to another level. Watch and see 😉

True. Plus young talent that has been together for a while. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 5:49 PM, Bclove05 said:

I prefer MV actually. They beat us last year in the 3rd round.

That was a great game too! MV basketball lost a lot from that state runner up team but are bringing back a key guy and a couple other varsity players that will be able to compete. Hope for a basketball rematch down the road