Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nick2011

Round 1: Atlanta(2) vs West Rusk(3) @ Spring Hill Friday Nov. 16 (7:00pm)

West Rusk vs Atlanta   

98 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins??



Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, mightyeagle said:

Speed does you no good if you cant get through or around the line

you better be able to throw the ball or Jefferson going to have a

long night

Yea a long night of whooping up on y’all...that’s if y’all can get past MV

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 5:00 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Can’t judge ATL by how they played y’all. You guys are my pick in D1. I’ve always been a dawg fan for some reason. I’m hoping all the talent y’all have culminates in a title. I loved playing against y’all. My 3 years we were 2-1 against the dawgs. I looked forward to Coach Bennett chewing me out if I got into yalls sideline. I would have loved playing for that guy. 

Which high school did u attend and what yrs did u play varsity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s go Atlanta! Represent district 7. Both great teams, just both have been inconsistent. If the Rabbits play like they did against MT Vernon I’ll take Atlanta by 1-2 TD’s. Just depends which Atlanta team shows up! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SmithDawg said:

I picked Tatum for Thursday night

Oh man. I hope you stay spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eagleborn said:

Oh man. I hope you stay spot on. 

He’s not, he picked Atlanta. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

Which high school did u attend and what yrs did u play varsity 

Paul Pewitt 95, 96, and 97 seasons. Had the pleasure of battling that monster Montrae Holland 3 years. What a beast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh ok. You guys beat us my senior yr on a hail Mary in Jefferson.  That knocked us out the playoffs. I believe you guys and D-field made it. If they were putting 3 in then, we would've made it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dawg665 said:

Yea a long night of whooping up on y’all...that’s if y’all can get past MV

Nah I don't think you will get past GW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

He’s not, he picked Atlanta. Lol

Yea just like people picked them to beat us and was way off. Sleeping on Jefferson as I had said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Let’s go Atlanta! Represent district 7. Both great teams, just both have been inconsistent. If the Rabbits play like they did against MT Vernon I’ll take Atlanta by 1-2 TD’s. Just depends which Atlanta team shows up! 

Atlanta got this. They're not on here talking too much, just letting the week marinate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SmithDawg said:

Why because y'all lost to GW so now we will too?

no!!!! I just think they are better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Where has @H3llR4z0r been lately?

I'm here, I'm here! Late but I'm here lol! Now, let's see if I can get caught up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm here, I'm here! Late but I'm here lol! Now, let's see if I can get caught up!

Lol good to have you back man! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which team Atlanta fields is definitely a factor. A few things that I or anyone else didn't really spread around on here, was that Samples got hurt against Gladewater on the first drive on the game. It's only ironic that y'all point out Gladewater has a strange tendency of hurting QBs lol! He took a nasty helmet to the hip, and had to seek treatment for weeks following. He really didn't have a chance to get healthy until we played New Boston. As most said before this season even started, we are as our QB goes. If he can't move, it takes a huge element out of our offense, especially when we have o-line struggles. He still managed to play decently against PG, but it was evident that he was having issues moving around. We also didn't play any 2 way athletes against Gladewater, though I'm not sure how much that has helped. 

We got thumped pretty hard by Gladewater. A lot of the blame fell on ourselves as well. 2 of our first 3 drives stalled on holding penalties, and allowed Gladewater to build a 13-0 lead. We managed to drive down the field and score, but were unable to stop Gladewater, and after going down 20-7 to a team like the bears.. mistakes ensued. The rest.... well. Gladewater seemed to be in the backfield all night. Samples had no time to throw the ball, and wasn't able to move very well, so we had to rely on what running game we could establish with less than mediocre offensive line play.

What's funny is, we turned around the next week, and seemingly couldn't be stopped against Pleasant Grove. There wasn't a single punt between either team when we played them, we just made 2 too many mistakes. We blocked well, ran with ease, threw well... everything. 

I'm not sure what the answer to Atlanta's struggles is. Defense has definitely been an issue, but against Jefferson, our offense struggled tremendously on top of that. 6 of Atlanta's first 9 drives were 3-and-outs. 1 drive consisted of 7 plays, 10 yards. Our defense was left high and dry the entire game. 

I'm ready to see some more football though. I missed last week due to being at the Arkansas/LSU game. I of course, listened to it the entire time. It's just hard to say positive things when Atlanta can beat the teams they're supposed to handily, but can't compete with the teams they're supposed to compete with. But, congratulations to Jawan King on reaching the 1000 rushing yard mark Friday night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mightyeagle said:

no!!!! I just think they are better

Starting to think the Jefferson guys think they can’t be beat. I hope their players feel the same way if we meet them in round 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Which team Atlanta fields is definitely a factor. A few things that I or anyone else didn't really spread around on here, was that Samples got hurt against Gladewater on the first drive on the game. It's only ironic that y'all point out Gladewater has a strange tendency of hurting QBs lol! He took a nasty helmet to the hip, and had to seek treatment for weeks following. He really didn't have a chance to get healthy until we played New Boston. As most said before this season even started, we are as our QB goes. If he can't move, it takes a huge element out of our offense, especially when we have o-line struggles. He still managed to play decently against PG, but it was evident that he was having issues moving around. We also didn't play any 2 way athletes against Gladewater, though I'm not sure how much that has helped. 

We got thumped pretty hard by Gladewater. A lot of the blame fell on ourselves as well. 2 of our first 3 drives stalled on holding penalties, and allowed Gladewater to build a 13-0 lead. We managed to drive down the field and score, but were unable to stop Gladewater, and after going down 20-7 to a team like the bears.. mistakes ensued. The rest.... well. Gladewater seemed to be in the backfield all night. Samples had no time to throw the ball, and wasn't able to move very well, so we had to rely on what running game we could establish with less than mediocre offensive line play.

What's funny is, we turned around the next week, and seemingly couldn't be stopped against Pleasant Grove. There wasn't a single punt between either team when we played them, we just made 2 too many mistakes. We blocked well, ran with ease, threw well... everything. 

I'm not sure what the answer to Atlanta's struggles is. Defense has definitely been an issue, but against Jefferson, our offense struggled tremendously on top of that. 6 of Atlanta's first 9 drives were 3-and-outs. 1 drive consisted of 7 plays, 10 yards. Our defense was left high and dry the entire game. 

I'm ready to see some more football though. I missed last week due to being at the Arkansas/LSU game. I of course, listened to it the entire time. It's just hard to say positive things when Atlanta can beat the teams they're supposed to handily, but can't compete with the teams they're supposed to compete with. But, congratulations to Jawan King on reaching the 1000 rushing yard mark Friday night!

It should be a good one Friday Night. I hope both teams play up to their potential so us fans can watch a good game! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

It should be a good one Friday Night. I hope both teams play up to their potential so us fans can watch a good game! 

Hopefully so. Maybe we can get back to our '14 & '15-esque, and really hit the playoffs full speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since my Tigers play Thursday night, think I will definitely make a trip down to Spring Hill to see this one. Probably the best first round matchup in 3A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Paul Pewitt 95, 96, and 97 seasons. Had the pleasure of battling that monster Montrae Holland 3 years. What a beast. 

I battled him some as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Starting to think the Jefferson guys think they can’t be beat. I hope their players feel the same way if we meet them in round 3. 

Nah, show me where one person said Jefferson couldn't be beat. Tatum and G-water are talking as if  the regionals is a lock for them. We can all predict with our hearts but time will tell who makes the regionals in about a month from now. Whoever makes it, Jefferson or not, I'll damn sure be there to watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now can we please let the Raiders and Rabbs have their thread. Go somewhere else with your Jefferson,  Gladewater,  and Tatum talk lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...