Timpson vs. San Augustine 7:30 Friday in Henderson

larry

8 hours ago, HulaKat said:

SA, beginning around the yr 2000, started losing students to Shelbyville, Broaddus and Chireno due to their academic and school board fiascos.   

If it wasn’t for that SA would still be in what is now class 4A or at least 3A-division I.  I know because I lived there for a few years from 2010-2014.  Lived across the street from a math teacher that got forced out of her job because she refused to grade on a curve.

Nonetheless, it is what it is.... and I think this ball game could go either way.

It was pretty bad for a while.  Seems like the school system is alot better than it used to be.  But, I will go ahead and say...alot of them moved because of race.  

23 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

It was pretty bad for a while.  Seems like the school system is alot better than it used to be.  But, I will go ahead and say...alot of them moved because of race.  

When I moved there they had a few years where they were rated exemplary....  Idn....  it just seems there would still be a lot more kids there based on the population now... which is over 2000.  Hopefully it will keep getting better.

1 minute ago, HulaKat said:

When I moved there they had a few years where they were rated exemplary....  Idn....  it just seems there would still be a lot more kids there based on the population now... which is over 2000.  Hopefully it will keep getting better.

What's sad.  There are teachers that has been employed by SAISD and still send their kids elsewhere.  

22 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

He is a good coach, but I was talking to a dude from Garrison dimwit.

You need to look in mirror and see the real dimwit. You are not nearly as smart about football as you think you are and make a fool of yourself every 3-4 posts you make. I am sorry but you really need to stop the foolishness and quit downgrading every team or kids on the teams. 

• Stinks 1

11 minutes ago, liongirl01 said:

You need to look in mirror and see the real dimwit. You are not nearly as smart about football as you think you are and make a fool of yourself every 3-4 posts you make. I am sorry but you really need to stop the foolishness and quit downgrading every team or kids on the teams. 

Get to steppin...chick or not I'll talk to you the way I talk to everyone else on here!

2 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Damn Ike.  Keep the idiot hand strong. 

Too many people getting their feelings. This woman doesnt get freedom of speech...what I say here I will say to you at your face. I've met tons of people that post here that can vouch for that.

4 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Haven't seen SA in a while,  hopefully they developed some rpo's for the qb.  

I've been impressed with Timpson,  they just have to figure out how to play 4 quarter football and limit some of the silly mistakes.   

I really think SA wins but I think Timpson gonna make it interesting. 

That Tenaha/SA just wasnt a good offensive game for us.  Thought the defense played pretty good that game considering. The penalties have went down for us, but we are young across the board so we just have to play through em.  

8 hours ago, StillALion said:

If Troup beats Paris Chisum Friday then the Troup/Waskom Area Round game next week will be played in Henderson.  

Chain it would be cool if Carlisle/Joaquin was too as like a double header or something.  But that would only work if both games were Saturday.  Not a lot of Saturday games the first 2-3 rounds usually.

You probably won’t see any 2A games on Saturday after round 3, if then. Keep in mind, the 2A teams that make it to Arlington play on Thursday. And because a state semifinal is usually a lengthy road trip, those have been on Thursday as well to help the winner get an extra day of prep for a State championship game. And anyone who is playing Carlisle is probably only going to play in Henderson if they lose a flip. Tru storie. 

SA wins this game easily. As i said earlier in the year after HD played the Wolves, they aren’t the best TEAM in the region. They aren’t the best coached. They make mistakes. They’re young. But buddy when they get rolling, it’s a thing of beauty. They have 6 or 7 kids who can flat out go and take it to the house on any play. They’re huge across the o-line (probably average about 280lbs) and their front 7 on defense is solid. The two DE’s that look like twins probably both go about 6’3” 230 look like D1 kids. HD played Timpson in the playoffs (D2) last year and Obsy is a player. But unless they have about 4 more clones of him, they’re in trouble because the Bears aren’t even in the same league as SA talent wise. HD didn’t even deserve to be in the playoffs last year and they played Timpson tough for 3 quarters. I know this is a new year (and both of us are with the big boys of 2A now) but they aren’t ready for what’s about to hit em. Now they’re battle tested from that district but i think D11 is overrated anyway. Everyone jabs SA about playing in a weak district but SV is tougher than they get credit for. Groveton on a good night can play with anyone in the region (save maybe Carlisle and possibly Garrison, we’ll see shortly). WS’s QB is dynamic and can keep them in games against nearly everyone. HD finished out of the playoffs and they can play with most teams in the region. This years HD teams was twice as good as last years team that played Timpson in the playoffs and were sitting at home this year. (HD had 50+ fewer kids than SA, SV and Groveton which doesn’t help when moving up divisions and being one of the smallest D1 teams in the state) Anyway, Don’t sleep on district 12 and damn sure don’t sleep on SA. The Wolves win by 20+ and I’ll bet anyone a dollar to a donut they have 4 or more 50+ yard TDS tonight. 

2 hours ago, CloudOfDust said:

SA wins this game easily. As i said earlier in the year after HD played the Wolves, they aren’t the best TEAM in the region. They aren’t the best coached. They make mistakes. They’re young. But buddy when they get rolling, it’s a thing of beauty. They have 6 or 7 kids who can flat out go and take it to the house on any play. They’re huge across the o-line (probably average about 280lbs) and their front 7 on defense is solid. The two DE’s that look like twins probably both go about 6’3” 230 look like D1 kids. HD played Timpson in the playoffs (D2) last year and Obsy is a player. But unless they have about 4 more clones of him, they’re in trouble because the Bears aren’t even in the same league as SA talent wise. HD didn’t even deserve to be in the playoffs last year and they played Timpson tough for 3 quarters. I know this is a new year (and both of us are with the big boys of 2A now) but they aren’t ready for what’s about to hit em. Now they’re battle tested from that district but i think D11 is overrated anyway. Everyone jabs SA about playing in a weak district but SV is tougher than they get credit for. Groveton on a good night can play with anyone in the region (save maybe Carlisle and possibly Garrison, we’ll see shortly). WS’s QB is dynamic and can keep them in games against nearly everyone. HD finished out of the playoffs and they can play with most teams in the region. This years HD teams was twice as good as last years team that played Timpson in the playoffs and were sitting at home this year. (HD had 50+ fewer kids than SA, SV and Groveton which doesn’t help when moving up divisions and being one of the smallest D1 teams in the state) Anyway, Don’t sleep on district 12 and damn sure don’t sleep on SA. The Wolves win by 20+ and I’ll bet anyone a dollar to a donut they have 4 or more 50+ yard TDS tonight. 

Thanks Cloud. That was almost like Paul Harvey with the rest of the story. No one understands it until they’ve seen it. 

• LOL! 1