Elysian Fields vs Corrigan Camden

1jacket

CC has waited all year to get on turf!  Been nothing but wet and mud pits all year... 

i really think #42, #3 , # 5 and #7 is fixing to really open up without having to worry about slipping in the mud... 

and i think our defense will be the real edge here.. don’t get me wrong EF has always been known for an explosive offense.. but I think I would have to give us the edge as far as the better defense and I believe we can hold them just enough to get up by a score or two .. 

1 hour ago, corrigancamden09 said:

CC has waited all year to get on turf!  Been nothing but wet and mud pits all year... 

i really think #42, #3 , # 5 and #7 is fixing to really open up without having to worry about slipping in the mud... 

and i think our defense will be the real edge here.. don’t get me wrong EF has always been known for an explosive offense.. but I think I would have to give us the edge as far as the better defense and I believe we can hold them just enough to get up by a score or two .. 

Yall haven't played any games on turf?

19 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

No sir just grass fields, and most of the time they was wet and very sloppy... lol

That's odd this day and time. Do the team a favor and warn them of the vaunted Turf Monster. They only live on turf fields and your players will be unaware of the Turf Monster since they have only played on grass. The Turf Monster is like the Boogie Man but instead of hiding under the bed, he hides under the turf. Your players should be very afraid of the Turf Monster. They probably should slow down and be very careful while they are inside the white lines of the turf!

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

That's odd this day and time. Do the team a favor and warn them of the vaunted Turf Monster. They only live on turf fields and your players will be unaware of the Turf Monster since they have only played on grass. The Turf Monster is like the Boogie Man but instead of hiding under the bed, he hides under the turf. Your players should be very afraid of the Turf Monster. They probably should slow down and be very careful while they are inside the white lines of the turf!

giphy.gif

That’s a good one man! 😂

last year we got to play on a few turf fields before playoffs, but this year it just happened that way that we only had grass fields... 

I’m waiting for us to breakdown and put turf down at our field... 

it will benefit the school in so many ways! Will probably pick up some playoff games at our place if we only had turf....

5 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Must’ve been a 4 team district. 

Woulda had to been, same with the 6A Houston team a few years back.  Not an advocate of the "4 teams per District" concept.  Would like to know, since its inception what fourth place team, in any classification, made to the fartherest rpund?

18 minutes ago, 1WildCat said:

Woulda had to been, same with the 6A Houston team a few years back.  Not an advocate of the "4 teams per District" concept.  Would like to know, since its inception what fourth place team, in any classification, made to the fartherest rpund?

Back in 2012 we came in as the 4th seed because of a 3 way tie pretty similar to what yalls district just had,  we got the district champs Crawford that first round and was predicted to get blown out... 

but we only lost by 1 point in overtime decided to go for 2 instead of tying it up and came up a yard shy.. 

so sometimes the seeding don’t justify a team.. because we sure had them biting their nails that night...  

3 hours ago, 1WildCat said:

We did (Carlisle)...went the or four rounds deep.think SA did the year before and went 3-4 deep..