5A Div II Bi-District Playoff: Lamar Consolidated (7-3) Vs Marshall (8-2)— 7:30 PM @ Maverick Stadium

Mavchamp

Lamar Consol Vs Marshall  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Lamar Consolidated by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Lamar Consolidated in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Picked up my tickets late yesterday evening (6pm).

Sales have been brisk according to the office..... home side will likely sell out..... so unless you want to sit on the visitor's side.... might want to get your spot early.

Only a handful of tickets are left on the home side.  Will definitely be a sellout before the gates open tomorrow night. 

Hopefully we can have lots of Mav fans on the away side too. 

Reminiscent of the 2005 home playoff game Vs Klein Oak!  

Cant wait!!!  

• Like 1

I dont believe Marshall has trailed in a game since it was 14-12 in the first half vs Lindale in week 5. We have the capability to play from behind but i agree it would be good to get off to a fast start and jump ahead early. We fans have been relatively quiet this year in the stands, lets pack the place and make some noise to give the guys a true home field advantage!

Power running game headed for us in this one.  But have to respect their passing game too.  They have some balance.

Haven't really seen a power running game since Longview and Carthage. 

Everyone in our district was pass happy. 

If the defense plays well... I think we win comfortably.  If the defense struggles.... our offense has the fire power to keep up if their game is on.

Looking forward to a big game.  I think the home crowd will be a HUGE boost. 

Wonder how long it's been since Consol has travelled this far for a football game.  I bet it's been a while.

-------------

Should the Mavs take care of business tonight.....

I've heard rumor that the 2nd round game could be at SFA, Lufkin, or NRG......

I'm hoping for Nac or Lufkin.  I really don't want to give anyone a homefield advantage by playing at NRG..... although it sounds really exciting.

I'm sure we will know something late tonight.

31 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

PT was a running team, not sure i would call anything out of the spread "power" though. Lamar will be a better version of the Pirates with a better defense also. They have to believe they can run on us with the success PT had.

I don't think we got PT's real offense that night.  Someone was hurt.  I could have sworn PT was a throwing team all seasib..... yet they hardly put it in the air Vs. us all night. 

Wasn't their starting QB out?

Could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I don't think we got PT's real offense that night.  Someone was hurt.  I could have sworn PT was a throwing team all seasib..... yet they hardly put it in the air Vs. us all night. 

Wasn't their starting QB out?

Could be wrong.

You played against their 3rd stringer. The starter came down with the flu the night before the game ans spent most of the day in the hospital trying to hydrate. The 2nd stringer broke his collar bone against Whitehouse. The guy that played against Marshall is the starting TE/DE and didn't know he was starting at QB until late in the day. The only QB practice was the wildcat package he normally runs on short yardage.