Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk20

PG vs Dallas Roosevelt - Bi-District Round

Recommended Posts

On paper....this should be PG without any trouble. Hope having a bye week going into the playoffs doesn't work against us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hawks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bye should never hurt you. Gives you time to mend bumps and bruises. Besides that a solid effort means a rout.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

Alright PG, it's time to make your run!

PG has a good chance of repeating. Region II is terrible. You might even see a PG-LE rematch. Don't know much about Lorena except great record.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PG....no problem here...Have to support our district mates. Keep it rolling. You have a great team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

PG has a good chance of repeating. Region II is terrible. You might even see a PG-LE rematch. Don't know much about Lorena except great record.

You could be right. Looks like Lorena, Fairfield, and Waco Conn. beat each other. I don't know what caliber teams they are though. Good records at 9-1, 8-2, and 7-3. Fairfield beat Rusk in non- district 36-28, but who knows what went on there. Pitt handled Rusk. The Sunnyvale district definitely looks weak. At quick glance my gut says to go with the 9-0 Sunnyvale record, but I'm giving Gilmer one more chance in that one. Pitt should survive their bracket. It will be between LE and Lorena in the bottom bracket. PG wins theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 7:48 AM, cotton84 said:

Missing your 2-way stud will probably eventually hurt, but not this week

He will be missed for sure but I expect the defense to pick up the pace and be even better going into the playoffs.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:36 PM, 68Hornet said:

PG has a good chance of repeating. Region II is terrible. You might even see a PG-LE rematch. Don't know much about Lorena except great record.

Very good chance...should be  a threepeat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hawks played their best football in playoffs last year! I expect them to be at their best again this year. Grove has plenty of experience in Wildcat stadium. Please Lord don't let this place smell like it did last year against Melissa! No smell there in the first game of the season. Anyone recall what that smell was, I remember someone told me but I forgot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, Anxiety said:

You could be right. Looks like Lorena, Fairfield, and Waco Conn. beat each other. I don't know what caliber teams they are though. Good records at 9-1, 8-2, and 7-3. Fairfield beat Rusk in non- district 36-28, but who knows what went on there. Pitt handled Rusk. The Sunnyvale district definitely looks weak. At quick glance my gut says to go with the 9-0 Sunnyvale record, but I'm giving Gilmer one more chance in that one. Pitt should survive their bracket. It will be between LE and Lorena in the bottom bracket. PG wins theirs.

Kinda like Graham last year great record but were way out matched by PG in the Semi. Need to see them play some opponents with higher STR. All 4 teams in the playoffs  from PG district have higher STR than Lorena, Sunnyvale, Glen Rose etc. LE has the Highest STR in 4A-2, followed by PG. But like its said you can only beat the teams you play and these teams have been doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

The Hawks played their best football in playoffs last year! I expect them to be at their best again this year. Grove has plenty of experience in Wildcat stadium. Please Lord don't let this place smell like it did last year against Melissa! No smell there in the first game of the season. Anyone recall what that smell was, I remember someone told me but I forgot.

Smells like a good omen:)

....or cattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 11:35 AM, RedRiver said:

PG should take this one pretty easy. It will be December before they are tested.

Yeah, I hope it's Pittsburg!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...