Bi-District: Cooper 8-1(6-0) vs Winona 6-4(4-3)

Bulldognation1

2 hours ago, supermaroon said:

I'm hoping so but I know Winona has a bunch of speed.

We have a ton of speed and will make you pay if you miss a tackle.... but that's all we rely on blockers dont do much blocking, weve moved a few players around and changed our D, it seems to have helped but not a good measuring stick against quitman

9 hours ago, WestRusk2009 said:

Cooper is in a terrible district. Let's see if they were tested enough to make a few rounds or go one and done.

You are correct about this district I will not argue at all just hoping that our scrappy little group can make something happen. We don't have the caliber of athletes in cooper right now that we use to have. And in all fairness we never have the number of athletes most schools in the east Texas region. But this is a good group of seniors that I would hate to go to waste. I believe we will be able to score on Winona but can our defense stop them is the question.

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

You are correct about this district I will not argue at all just hoping that our scrappy little group can make something happen. We don't have the caliber of athletes in cooper right now that we use to have. And in all fairness we never have the number of athletes most schools in the east Texas region. But this is a good group of seniors that I would hate to go to waste. I believe we will be able to score on Winona but can our defense stop them is the question.

I think Cooper will be fine in this game as long as winona don't throw the ball a lot. Coopers secondary has struggled against the pass some. Winona has some athletes & speed so Cooper better come ready to get after it. I think coach casto will have them ready & focused. 

4 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

I think Cooper will be fine in this game as long as winona don't throw the ball a lot. Coopers secondary has struggled against the pass some. Winona has some athletes & speed so Cooper better come ready to get after it. I think coach casto will have them ready & focused. 

We've been passing the ball lately and when we have we've had success, I look for them to spread yall out and swing it around, we have a RB who is super fast and shifty cooper wont stop him maybe slow him down but I doubt it.... our QB is big and fast he doesn't make smart decisions always but when he does hes deadly with the ball in his hands... I see a shoot out honestly... if cooper struggles with speed then their D may a have a long night, that's not guaranteeing a W but we will get ours.... weve made changes on D that have made us look a tad better the past few games...

Only thing I've seen on cooper is what maxpreps has.... decent looking team..... the past few years we snuck in the playoffs and gave both 1st place teams weve faced a run for their money, fell short last year with an INT on the game winning drive with seconds remaining.... I see this year being the same, IS IT FRIDAY YET?

5 minutes ago, JETT said:

Only thing I've seen on cooper is what maxpreps has.... decent looking team..... the past few years we snuck in the playoffs and gave both 1st place teams weve faced a run for their money, fell short last year with an INT on the game winning drive with seconds remaining.... I see this year being the same, IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Same as last year? Hey that means Cooper makes a big stop at the end of the game to move on. I’ll take it 😄

20 minutes ago, JETT said:

We've been passing the ball lately and when we have we've had success, I look for them to spread yall out and swing it around, we have a RB who is super fast and shifty cooper wont stop him maybe slow him down but I doubt it.... our QB is big and fast he doesn't make smart decisions always but when he does hes deadly with the ball in his hands... I see a shoot out honestly... if cooper struggles with speed then their D may a have a long night, that's not guaranteeing a W but we will get ours.... weve made changes on D that have made us look a tad better the past few games...

Cooper has a quick little back #3 that can break one & #35 has some pretty good wheels also. #5 our QB is a good runner & solid passer & #24 reciever is physical & got good hands. Gonna be a good ballgame & I don’t think either defense will shut the other down. 

11 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Cooper has a quick little back #3 that can break one & #35 has some pretty good wheels also. #5 our QB is a good runner & solid passer & #24 reciever is physical & got good hands. Gonna be a good ballgame & I don’t think either defense will shut the other down. 

I agree, but we win sorry