🗳️ The official 2020 Election thread

Mr. P

🗳️ The way-too-early 2020 Election prediction thread

Well, the pundits are still unpacking this one, but at the outset it appears that (once again) the Democrats have managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. While the outcomes in Arizona and (surprise surprise) Florida still remain somewhat in doubt, the 2018 election looks to be pretty much a "draw" overall. 

Granted, the House went blue, but it wasn't by much and it was mostly in Dem-leaning states. The much-anticipated "blue wave" was little more than a trickle. Thanks to record spending and unprecedented media support, Beto finished closer than most pundits expected. 

Republicans didn't help matters by vacating so many seats. I hope Paul Ryan is pleased with himself for leading the retreat. I bet the GOP bans him from ever being in a postion of leadership again. 

So, what does all this tell us about 2020?  

• STATEWIDE: Having seen a large number of downticket RINOs being ousted in 2018, do Texas Republicans double-down and get more conservative or will the Democrats build on this year's gains in suburban areas? 

• CONGRESS: With a number of House races taking place in red states, can Republicans win back the majority? Do the Dems put Pelosi back in charge of the House, or will they opt for new blood? 

• WHITE HOUSE: Do the Democrats annoint Beto their lord and savior against Trump? If not Beto, who is the likely prez/VP ticket? Dare I say Hillary? 

What do you think is going to happen between now and then?

19 hours ago, CENTEXFAN said:

Trump will go berserk when the new house will not even bring his bills up for vote.  So the bills don't pass the house for the Senate to vote on it.  

Anything the House bill that doesn't help America out will be vetoed by Trump if it makes it past the Senate.  

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Just because the fake mexican stayed close due to all the ILLEGAL ALIENS voting doesn't mean anything....when we get them all deported in the next few years, landslide city.....

Go ahead and believe that,  and lose in 2020.

Just now, CENTEXFAN said:

Go ahead and believe that,  and lose in 2020.

Sit back and watch.....you guys have sent the looniest of the loons to head committees in the House....the people will be stampeding to the polls in 2020 to get rid of them......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AKA said:

I too endorse Pelosi, as well as Alexandra Ocasio-Cortes...  I want those ladies in top leadership positions. They need to be the voice of the Democrat Party. 

Mad Maxine in charge of the money will be enough to bring a landslide in 2020....Even the ILLEGAL ALIENS will turn Republican after THAT fiasco.......:rofl:

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

• Mr. P changed the title to 🗳️ The official 2020 Election thread