🗳️ The official 2020 Election thread

Mr. P

31 minutes ago, TheNameIsDalton said:

It’s an ignorant statement.  Super delegates don’t decide electoral votes. 

It is Unamerican the way  Democrats overrides the people's vote with super delegates in the primary..   

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, CENTEXFAN said:

It is Unamerican the way  Democrats overrides the people's vote with super delegates in the primary..   

I don’t like primaries for a number of reasons.  It has become a corrupted policy with the measuring stick being money and promises owed.  I can agree with that 

BIDEN 48, TRUMP 44 IN TEXAS, QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY POLL FINDS; DEMOCRATS SAY 2-1 O’ROURKE SHOULD CHALLENGE CORNYN President Donald Trump is locked in too-close-to-call races with any one of seven top Democratic challengers in the 2020 presidential race in Texas, where former Vice President Joseph Biden has 48 percent to President Trump with 44 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today. Other matchups by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll show: • President Trump at 46 percent to Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 45 percent; • Trump at 47 percent to Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders at 44 percent; • Trump at 48 percent to former U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke with 45 percent; • Trump with 46 percent to South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s 44 percent; • Trump at 47 percent to California Sen. Kamala Harris at 43 percent; • Trump with 46 percent and former San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro at 43 percent. In the Trump-Biden matchup, women back Biden 54 – 39 percent as men back Trump 50 – 42 percent. White voters back Trump 60 – 33 percent. Biden leads 86 – 7 percent among black voters and 59 – 33 percent among Hispanic voters. Republicans back Trump 90 – 8 percent. Biden leads 94 – 4 percent among Democrats and 55 – 33 percent among independent voters. “The numbers are good for Vice President Joseph Biden who dominates the field in a Democratic primary and has the best showing in a head-to-head match-up against President Donald Trump,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll. “In historically red-leaning Texas, the report for the rest of the Democratic field is not so bad either, which could spell trouble for President Trump. It is the largest state in the country with a Republican edge.” “The president, who is on the wrong side of a too-close-to-call matchup with Biden, barely inches up in similar matchups with all the other Democrats.”

https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/tx/tx06052019_tgye56.pdf/

The one thing that helps Biden is that their are more candidates that believe very similar to Bernie's views in 2016.  In 2016 Bernie was the only one talking Medicare-4-All.  Now he is going to split his voters with other candidates, especially Elizabeth Warren.  

6 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

The one thing that helps Biden is that their are more candidates that believe very similar to Bernie's views in 2016.  In 2016 Bernie was the only one talking Medicare-4-All.  Now he is going to split his voters with other candidates, especially Elizabeth Warren.  

Fauxahontas ain’t got enough sense to pour pee out of a boot, so somewhat quote my dear old Dad...👌

8 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

I don't think that's true.   I think the only thing most Democrats are looking at is electability.   Policy be damned.   

I've heard that too.  Way too early for me to decide who to vote for.  Several will start dropping out in a dew months as they are left out of debates.

I remember early in 2016 Rep. Primary race it was between only Bush & Scott Walker. We all know how that turned out.  

6 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Well, shes a liberal.   But out of the 73 democratic presidential candidates,  I actually like her.  Shes normal.   

Have you heard her talk?  She's almost as far out there as AOC on a lot of issues .... she doesn't have a prayer, she will be an early exit from the primaries unless I miss my guess ....

Ronna McDaniel, GOP Chairwoman:
@realDonaldTrump has raised a record-breaking $24.8M in less than 24 hours for his re-election.

The enthusiasm across the country for this President is unmatched and unlike anything we’ve ever seen!
#trump2020 #KeepAmericaGreat

• Mr. P changed the title to 🗳️ The official 2020 Election thread