🗳️ The official 2020 Election thread

Mr. P

You being deliberately dense and purposely trolling, Dalton, doesn't excuse that I haven't advocated for any drug to be made more readily available or 'around kids' but that treating addiction with treatment can be much more effective than just locking people away, as it doesn't end drug dependency (and drugs ARE in prisons) and there is an impact on the families of those convicted that can be mitigated if there is mandatory counseling and treatment in their communities. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

Jett, what's wrong with you? We cant be allowing cocaine to be legal...drug dealers are scum...they sell that junk to kids dude.

What do you mean what's wrong with me? I asked for a article so I could read up on it, didn't mean to offend you

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

You being deliberately dense and purposely trolling, Dalton, doesn't excuse that I haven't advocated for any drug to be made more readily available or 'around kids' but that treating addiction with treatment can be much more effective than just locking people away, as it doesn't end drug dependency (and drugs ARE in prisons) and there is an impact on the families of those convicted that can be mitigated if there is mandatory counseling and treatment in 

1 hour ago, JETT said:

14 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Especially since his plan virtually mirrors the Texas plan that’s been around since the 77th state legislature met. Drug courts are reducing recidivism not only in Texas but nationwide. These pretrial diversion programs are a proven success. 

Fake Alert!

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You being deliberately dense and purposely trolling, Dalton, doesn't excuse that I haven't advocated for any drug to be made more readily available or 'around kids' but that treating addiction with treatment can be much more effective than just locking people away, as it doesn't end drug dependency (and drugs ARE in prisons) and there is an impact on the families of those convicted that can be mitigated if there is mandatory counseling and treatment in their communities. 

Your statement could be used against the lefts proposal to criminalize remove guns as well. It's not apples and oranges, because they are both similar.  They can be useful in the hands of those that know how to properly use them, or harmful to those that want to use them illegally.  The last thing we need to do is legalize any drug that has no medicinal benefits, and I have yet to see the benefits vs. harmful effects of marijuana.  Just as one can shoot themselves to commit suicide one can use drugs even recreationally and wind up with a drug overdose.  The best thing is to keep drugs off the streets and put the offenders behind that sell them.  Drug users and dealers are being virtual pharmacists with these drugs with no knowledge of what damaging effects may occur.  However the opposite is true of guns, where when someone uses one to commit a crime they can be locked up as they should be.  There are no side effects to owning a weapon, while they are addictive to some they are harmless while in the hands of law abiding citizens.  Illegal drugs are not. That is the only way this argument is apples and oranges.  

19 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Ron Paul is a great American. He’s closer to Trumps way of thinking than any Republican we’ve had. He just ran while we were still duped in believing that Bush was a conservative. He was a RINO as well. 

All anyone had to do to know what a retard “Dubya” was, listen to him; That, & watch him sit on his hands as the Greatest Coup in the History Of America was carried out. He Sat there waiting for Poppy & Dick to give him orders....9-11 was an Inside job...

Should Conservatives be in favor of this, though? Think about it. If one of the tenets of Conservatism is "small government", shouldn't drugs like this be legal at a Federal level, and then make it a 10th Amendment issue? Is this "nanny state" conservatism, or "free market" conservatism? Do we want to tell people what to do, or allow them to have the "personal responsibility" to make (and in some cases live with) their own choices?

How do we decide?

45 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Should Conservatives be in favor of this, though? Think about it. If one of the tenets of Conservatism is "small government", shouldn't drugs like this be legal at a Federal level, and then make it a 10th Amendment issue? Is this "nanny state" conservatism, or "free market" conservatism? Do we want to tell people what to do, or allow them to have the "personal responsibility" to make (and in some cases live with) their own choices?

How do we decide?

I think we should have a game show where contestants are provided with any drug they desire & allow them to take as much of it as they want, & then follow them around & video everything that happens to them, while protecting others from them. This show could be called “Faces of Dumbasses”; Maybe then people can see firsthand what drugs to those who abuse them.

39 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

See prohibition is one of my reasons why drugs should be made legal. It didn’t do anything but make the mafia filthy rich. When abolished the mafia turned to trafficking narcotics. Legalize narcotics and the cartels power would disappear overnight. 

I just don't care to see Zombies on the streets.  Who knows what they'll do to innocent people if they're high on some illicit drugs such as PCP.  

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

I just don't care to see Zombies on the streets.  Who knows what they'll do to innocent people if they're high on some illicit drugs such as PCP.  

It wouldn't be a "perfect" deterrent (because little is), but what if you made the penalties harsher for those who committed crimes under the influence?

So in a case like that, it might be legal to be high, but if you commit a crime while high then your punishment is harsher?

25 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

What failed?  Allowing it to remain legal while killing and maiming people on our highways? You h you talking about prohibition days.   I swear some of you are ok with the number 1 abused drug on the planet and it’s consequences yet want a separate standard for other substances. 

Everyone is free to obtain drugs and use them as they please, including alcohol.  TheRe are consequences for those actions.  Drive while drunk, go to jail.  Drink legally, destroy your liver. Abuse it, destroy your life.  Do meth.  Destroy your life.  Get caught obtaining it, go to jail.  Walk around with your rotted teeth....  I mean seriously, there is no sense in legalizing any of it.  The only way I see it working is legalizing it for in home consumption, but how do you go about legalizing obtaining and making it?