Kilgore (3-7) vs Midlothian Heritage (9-1)

KDOGS95

not many give Kilgore much of a chance in this one....heck I'm one of them....but, after watching highlights and seeing stat wise what MH gives up on defense, I do feel like Kilgore will have plenty of opportunities to score some points if they hang onto the ball....the big problem is going to be trying to figure out a way to keep them from scoring...Kilgore will need some breaks and need to score TD's...not FG's....it's been of rough season for my Dogs but win or lose I'm going to support them to the end!!!

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

not many give Kilgore much of a chance in this one....heck I'm one of them....but, after watching highlights and seeing stat wise what MH gives up on defense, I do feel like Kilgore will have plenty of opportunities to score some points if they hang onto the ball....the big problem is going to be trying to figure out a way to keep them from scoring...Kilgore will need some breaks and need to score TD's...not FG's....it's been of rough season for my Dogs but win or lose I'm going to support them to the end!!!

It is a shame that M H's school colors aren't orange/white/black...………….Kilgore seems to always play good against Texas High

14 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

It is a shame that M H's school colors aren't orange/white/black...………….Kilgore seems to always play good against Texas High

Im not sure about always playing good against them, but for sure have had some battles against them over the years...that's one team I respect and dreaded playing....especially their good teams, which is usually every year 

Hopefully the Kilgore staff will approach the team about this game something like this:

Nobody saw the season coming that we have had so far.

There were a few games that were close but we let slip away (Hallsville, Pine Tree, Pittsburg, Van).

Against Palestine we won on a blocked field goal attempt return for a TD.

Last week we were within five points of the number 1 ranked team in the state, including a blocked PAT attempt for 2 points. We had scored on consecutive drives on Carthage's defense.    At the end of the first half we had scored twice as many points as Henderson and Van combined for their entire games.

Things are pointing in the right direction, but it's a matter of taking care of the ball.

Our defense has been the most consistent part of the team this year. If they can get a few stops against MH Friday, our offense should be able to put points on the board to keep up with the times they do score and we can make a ball game out of this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KildogDad said:

Hopefully the Kilgore staff will approach the team about this game something like this:

Nobody saw the season coming that we have had so far.

There were a few games that were close but we let slip away (Hallsville, Pine Tree, Pittsburg, Van).

Against Palestine we won on a blocked field goal attempt return for a TD.

Last week we were within five points of the number 1 ranked team in the state, including a blocked PAT attempt for 2 points. We had scored on consecutive drives on Carthage's defense.    At the end of the first half we had scored twice as many points as Henderson and Van combined for their entire games.

Things are pointing in the right direction, but it's a matter of taking care of the ball.

Our defense has been the most consistent part of the team this year. If they can get a few stops against MH Friday, our offense should be able to put points on the board to keep up with the times they do score and we can make a ball game out of this.

Good post! Go out & have the best game of the season & go into this game as underdogs, & come away with the much needed win!👌

29 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I will give the Kilgore coach the cooler with the 12 pack in it if they win ;) 

However, if Kilgore can throw the ball, they should score a few.

I’ve been preaching THAT sermon for Years, but “pounding the Rock” exclusively, has put them where they are today...🙄

40 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I’ve been preaching THAT sermon for Years, but “pounding the Rock” exclusively, has put them where they are today...🙄

We have done a better job at attempting more passes this year....I think mostly whats hurt Kilgore the most this year has been turnovers and penalties...we arent a team that can overcome them and for the most part it seems like every time Kilgore turned the ball over this year the opposing team capitalized...our defense keeps us hanging around but eventually wear down if the Offense doesn't give them a break...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

We have done a better job at attempting more passes this year....I think mostly whats hurt Kilgore the most this year has been turnovers and penalties...we arent a team that can overcome them and for the most part it seems like every time Kilgore turned the ball over this year the opposing team capitalized...the defense keeps us hanging around but eventually wear down if the Offense doesn't give them a break...

To me, it seemed that Kilgore threw the ball once the run was shut down; And the “receivers “ just aren’t Used to having the ball thrown to them... This isn’t something you do on a whim; This has to become an integral part of your game, & Kilgore hasn’t snapped to that concept yet, although it is encouraging to see them at least try to throw the ball.