Kilgore (3-7) vs Midlothian Heritage (9-1)

KDOGS95

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Heck I don’t know.  I only had one cup of coffee when I posted that!  My math skills had not kicked in yet.  Let’s call it 44-41 final and the Dogs kicker wins in it.  That sounds better!

LOL...appreciate the support anyways....going to really really tough...but Kilgore will fight till the end no matter the score!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

For some reason, I see Kilgore in an upset. Call me crazy.

Heritage defeated Wax. Life 49-20 similar to the way the C-Dawgs defeated the same team.  Carthage handled Kilgore pretty easily, suddenly Kilgore is going to play like they haven't played all year.  I don't see it.  Heritage by 3 touchdowns if not more.  

3 minutes ago, coachkells said:

Heritage defeated Wax. Life 49-20 similar to the way the C-Dawgs defeated the same team.  Carthage handled Kilgore pretty easily, suddenly Kilgore is going to play like they haven't played all year.  I don't see it.  Heritage by 3 touchdowns if not more.  

I'm thinking more of match ups than similar opponents. Besides it's just a prediction that I'm not putting money on. 

16 minutes ago, coachkells said:

So in the Heritage game, was the weather bad when they played Life Waxahachie? how long did the starters play? Just curious. I'm not big on comparing like opponents. prime example, the year yall beat the brakes off of us, you guys struggled against CS. If Carthage played CS in that semi finals we would have won by 3 tds. all about matchups,.

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’ve been slow to make a prediction on this one.  After morning coffee I’m going with the K Dogs 45-41 in an upset.  Neither defense will stop the opponents offense all night.  Kilgore runs for 500 yards and MH throws for 500 yards.  Kilgore wins it on a clutch FG.

That would be the best case scenario , except MH has a harder time stopping the pass than they do stopping the run.

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Don’t laugh at me.  I’m just trying to support Kilgore & Henderson tonight.  I can’t help it that my math was off this morning.  I do think Kilgore’s game will be all offense and Henderson’s game will be all defense.  Now go get the W.

Honestly, I didn't catch it either the first time I read it.

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

......& Kilgore’s aerial game is “iffy” at best.

From what I’ve heard, it’s non-existent...

how is Kilgore’s pass defense?  If it’s not stellar, they are going to get smoked on some big plays.

30 minutes ago, coachkells said:

that's like saying Henderson beat Kilgore 28-7 but yet got beat 35-0 to Carthage....but yet Kilgore scored 23 on Carthage..???...irrelevant for the most part....Kilgore may very well get drummed...Heritage is a good team...but it wont be because of how Carthage and MH played Waxahachie Life

11 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

From what I’ve heard, it’s non-existent...

how is Kilgore’s pass defense?  If it’s not stellar, they are going to get smoked on some big plays.

They’re starting to AT LEAST try to air it out once the ground game stalls... They struggled catching the ball against us, but had limited success. Their pass defense is admirable, however; they did a decent job against Capps’s receiver corps. So there’s that, at least. 

Capps had a much better game against Kilgore than he did last night, however. (Had to add that.)

11 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

That would be the best case scenario , except MH has a harder time stopping the pass than they do stopping the run.

just curious but I seen where Athens rushed for 500 yds against them...???...was that accurate info???...and La Vega rushed for 400 yds..???...maybe I got bad info, but I read it online somewhere

5 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

just curious but I seen where Athens rushed for 500 yds against them...???...was that accurate info???...and La Vega rushed for 400 yds..???...maybe I got bad info, but I read it online somewhere

That's what I heard. If their pass defense is worse than their run defense they have no chance against Carthage.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So in the Heritage game, was the weather bad when they played Life Waxahachie? how long did the starters play? Just curious. I'm not big on comparing like opponents. prime example, the year yall beat the brakes off of us, you guys struggled against CS. If Carthage played CS in that semi finals we would have won by 3 tds. all about matchups,.

MH scored 14 in the first 14 in the second and 14 in the third 7 in the forth.  WAX life in the  6 first, 7 in the second 7 in the forth.  very similar to the way Carthage scored on Wax. Life.  

23 minutes ago, coachkells said:

MH scored 14 in the first 14 in the second and 14 in the third 7 in the forth.  WAX life in the  6 first, 7 in the second 7 in the forth.  very similar to the way Carthage scored on Wax. Life.  

I saw the same box score you did but what about the other questions I've asked. Box score doesnt tell the story. 5 min into the 3rd Carthage pulled starters. Curious when heritage pulled theirs. 

1 hour ago, kdogs00 said:

That’s correct info but Athens averages less than 50 yards passing a game and over 400 rushing... what does that tell you?  They probably run some sort of 3-back offense.

then  la Vega...  do we need to go there?  I’m not going to defend MH anymore, and I would love to see a massive upset... I just don’t see it.

23 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

That’s correct info but Athens averages less than 50 yards passing a game and over 400 rushing... what does that tell you?  They probably run some sort of 3-back offense.

then  la Vega...  do we need to go there?  I’m not going to defend MH anymore, and I would love to see a massive upset... I just don’t see it.

Wasnt saying that because those two did rush for a lot...that Kilgore would...I was more asking if that info was correct...and if so, what did they do that was special or deceptive..??...either way..the stat is hard to overlook no matter who done it...La Vega does it..uhmm ok...but Athens does it...what the heck did they do???....is all Im getting at...especially since thats what Kilgore does well...run the ball

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

Wasnt saying that because those two did rush for a lot...that Kilgore would...I was more asking if that info was correct...and if so, what did they do that was special or deceptive..??...either way..the stat is hard to overlook no matter who done it...La Vega does it..uhmm ok...but Athens does it...what the heck did they do???....is all Im getting at...especially since thats what Kilgore does well...run the ball

Very well said sir!!!! A running team had success on them what did they do because Kilgore is a running team as a fan would just like to know for Kilgore to be successful also. It's all about how each team matches up with one another because this is the first ever matchup.