SFA Basketball 2018-2019

ETXfan16

11 hours ago, topher805 said:

Not much to say. We are not good right now...Most talented team by far. Can get up and hang with a good Bama team and beat Baylor, but struggle with Northerstern State and freaking Nicholls...No words

Sums it up pretty well. Very talented, but pitiful results. Feel like I'm watching Charlie Strong era Texas football, and even Herman era to a degree. Play to the level of competition and every game is going to be a dogfight. 

11 hours ago, topher805 said:

Not much to say. We are not good right now...Most talented team by far. Can get up and hang with a good Bama team and beat Baylor, but struggle with Northerstern State and freaking Nicholls...No words

Well some of our fans think we are doing something at 3-0 After the past 7-8 years I am skeptical 

2 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

Well some of our fans think we are doing something at 3-0 After the past 7-8 years I am skeptical 

Southland is down this year. Ya'll are sitting pretty right now. I understand the skepticism, but ya'll have taken care of business each night, no matter how ugly it may have been...We have looked pretty bad in all three outings...

2 hours ago, TxFight said:

This is getting ridiculous. SFA has looked AWFUL thus far in 2019. 

We were without Aaron, Karl, and Mitch last night. Not sure what is going on there. Maybe injury or lingering illness for Aaron. Supposedly Karl didn't make the trip, but he posted on Twitter with the location being Alexandria, LA. I think him and Mitch were in the doghouse...Either way, this is getting bad and I am starting to think TJ won't be back next year and will transfer...

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

We were without Aaron, Karl, and Mitch last night. Not sure what is going on there. Maybe injury or lingering illness for Aaron. Supposedly Karl didn't make the trip, but he posted on Twitter with the location being Alexandria, LA. I think him and Mitch were in the doghouse...Either way, this is getting bad and I am starting to think TJ won't be back next year and will transfer...

Things are definitely on a downward trend in the basketball program at the moment. Maybe its just a rough stretch, and not a sign of larger problems to come. 

SFA ends a rare three-game conference skid (12-years since the last time) with a gritty win over UIW. Wasn't pretty, and John Comeaux suffered a knee injury on a dirty screen late in the game. He was walking around fine after the game apparently, but a scary moment for sure...Hope he is well. Not for winning, but for him. This dude is a gamer that has fought to stay on the court. 

37 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Topher 

one of the strangest things I have ever seen at the end of the HBU SHSU game last night 

With game secured SHSU gets a Tech for firing up the  KAT fans in attendance 

HBU wants the tech removed refs refuse . HBU refuses to shoot the free throws 

That is crazy. These Southland refs are some kind of terrible. Good on HBU for trying to right a wrong, when they could have taken the points.

39 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

*non basketball* Carl Williams just committed. I wonder if McFarland being there helped out a ton with getting him… 

HUGE get and McFarland had to have had a massive role in this recruitment. I hope this one sticks and he signs on the dotted line

SFA scores 7 in final 26 seconds to knock off Abilene Christian 61-60. This team is not good. Add in some personell drama, and i think the season hangs in thr balance. I am starting to have serious questions about Kellers fit for the program...Not calling for his firing, but i have a lot more questions than confidence in the man...

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

SFA scores 7 in final 26 seconds to knock off Abilene Christian 61-60. This team is not good. Add in some personell drama, and i think the season hangs in thr balance. I am starting to have serious questions about Kellers fit for the program...Not calling for his firing, but i have a lot more questions than confidence in the man...

I know from personal experience that early injuries to key pieces can really throw things out of whack...but compared to what expectations were going to be coming in, this has been a disappointing season to date. Things are pretty close to being completely Keller and 100% his guys now, and things are not currently trending in the right direction. 

16 minutes ago, TxFight said:

I know from personal experience that early injuries to key pieces can really throw things out of whack...but compared to what expectations were going to be coming in, this has been a disappointing season to date. Things are pretty close to being completely Keller and 100% his guys now, and things are not currently trending in the right direction. 

I gave him a pass after Year 1 because the roster lost a lot of firepower and it was a new system. Last year they made huge strides forward. They played more like the team we have become accustomed to seeing. There has been a lot of regression this year. I know a big part of that is injuries (TJ specifically), but man, some of these personnel dealings have been bad. Obviously I don't know what is going on behind closed doors, but it doesn't look good. I'm seeing rumors that Nicholas is no longer part of the team. Mitch went MIA after halftime last night, like went from sitting on the bench to not in attendance when the team came back onto the court. Not sure what is going on with Aaron either, but it is more than injury problems it feels like. 

Problems with players is nothing new with Keller either. Whether it was Lasani Johnson, Stefon Fischer, Leon Gillmore, Cameron Mack...There has been a common theme with some major player/coach issues since he has come to Nacogdoches. I'm really at a loss right now, and not sure what the best solution is.

No clue. Aaron Augustin and walk-on Aaron Walton have been removed from the roster on the team website. Nicholas and Serialle are still there, but Nicholas hasn't been seen on the sideline in a week and hasn't touched the court in almost 3 weeks. 

If there is any information, it is behind a paywall, and I'm not paying...I highly doubt much has come out of WRJ...

53 minutes ago, topher805 said:

No clue. Aaron Augustin and walk-on Aaron Walton have been removed from the roster on the team website. Nicholas and Serialle are still there, but Nicholas hasn't been seen on the sideline in a week and hasn't touched the court in almost 3 weeks. 

If there is any information, it is behind a paywall, and I'm not paying...I highly doubt much has come out of WRJ...

Is that HC on the hotseat yet? 

12 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Is that HC on the hotseat yet? 

I mentioned that on the SFA board. Response was about 50/50. I think he is safe for this year, because of last years success, and the obscene amount of injuries this year, but it has to be warming up. IMO it should be. Something wrong with player/coach dynamic and regression is some key areas.

1 minute ago, topher805 said:

I mentioned that on the SFA board. Response was about 50/50. I think he is safe for this year, because of last years success, and the obscene amount of injuries this year, but it has to be warming up. IMO it should be. Something wrong with player/coach dynamic and regression is some key areas.

In regards to in bold: I hope that doesn't hurt future recruiting for their sake. They've been getting talent there that probably could've landed at a bigger place.