SFA Basketball 2018-2019

ETXfan16

On 1/31/2019 at 3:20 PM, topher805 said:

Carthel has people pumped. I see an uptick in attendance. A lot of fans want it to be back on campus and ditch NRG

That’s just because of the 1-8 record there for SFA

I would love to see the game at AT&T every 3rd year 

28 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Could be 2 close games in Nac Saturday afternoon...……………….........Girls are 8 - 0 and Lamar is 9 -0......……...……..Boys are 4-4 and 4-5

I want to blow out Lamar. I hate Lamar. No school gets further under my skin than them. 

32 minutes ago, TxFight said:

Get this season over with. Geez. 

I agree. I'm almost hoping we don't make it to Katy just to avoid that potential embarrassment.

I just want to get to the offseason. Get healthy and get TJ back. I'm giving Keller one more year to clean this up and right this ship. He has been wildly inconsistent during his tenure in Nac, and I need a full year from start to finish with the team giving 100%. We don't see that and it's time to bring in fresh blood. We are the premier MBB program in the SLC, and need to play like it. What happened Saturday was an embarrassment. I will not go watch when Sam makes their trip to Nac...

As I've said before. Keller pretty much has all of "his" guys in there. If you are having trouble with them, its on you. It is not like it is Underwood guys giving him the trouble. Not good when you take the big step that was last season, and then come free-falling back in a hurry this season. 

34 minutes ago, TxFight said:

As I've said before. Keller pretty much has all of "his" guys in there. If you are having trouble with them, its on you. It is not like it is Underwood guys giving him the trouble. Not good when you take the big step that was last season, and then come free-falling back in a hurry this season. 

Normally I would be 100% with you on that, but this has been a weird year. Injuries have been worse than ever (Something we say each year, leading me to wonder about the S&C program), and then the internal drama with Karl, Aaron, and even Mitch. Mitch seems to have bought back in and all seems to be well there. If he can't win and win big with next year's team then I'm not sure he can be the man...

Next Year:

John Comeaux, Oddyst Walker (REALLY starting to like his game), Jock Hughes, Nathan Bain, Kevon Harris, Samuli, Nieminen, Mitch Seraille, Sama'Zha Hart, Tylan Pope...That is a hell of a foundation. Not sure what happens with TJ. If he stays, this will be a scary team. If he leaves, then we need to hope that our freshman can grow fast...Will have to go the JUCO route and get some plug and play guys, specifically at PG and PF/C. If TJ leaves, that gives us five open scholarship spots. Hart and Pope will fill two of those spots. That gives us three more openings to fill this summer...

Football news:

Colby Carthel's first signing class is a big one. Carthel has signed 27 to his inaugural class (13 - 3* and 7 - 2*). One of the best finishers in FCS and will likely be the #1 class in the SLC. Maybe there is reason for optimism...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

This guy will be a Fcs head coach someday

Hopefully we get a few years out of him first. Although, if he wins like we expect, and basketball can rebound like we expect, I'm not sold SFA sticks around in the Southland a whole lot longer...There is A LOT that would need to happen first, but I think the potential is there to make a move...

4 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Hopefully we get a few years out of him first. Although, if he wins like we expect, and basketball can rebound like we expect, I'm not sold SFA sticks around in the Southland a whole lot longer...There is A LOT that would need to happen first, but I think the potential is there to make a move...

Carthel has been very vocal about what he expects to happen at SFA, and the off season has went about as well as one could hope. Now it is just a matter of the off season success translating to wins on the field. I have always held the opinion that SFA is sitting on an untapped gold mine in East Texas. Why no one at SFA has recruited East Texas makes no sense to me. Like Carthel has said, draw a circle around Nac and don't let kids out.  

11 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Come on bro where you going?

4 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Me? We. We, I think would be CUSA or Sun Belt bound. 

I  don't see that happening your enrollment is stagnant and stuck around 11,550 to 12k  Your endowments are far below where they should be 

Second why would you want to go be in those conferences for football? No chance to ever play for any type of National Championship

Would you rather play in the New Orleans Bowl than be in Frisco in January as the only game on National TV?

3 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

I  don't see that happening your enrollment is stagnant and stuck around 11,550 to 12k  Your endowments are far below where they should be 

Second why would you want to go be in those conferences for football? No chance to ever play for any type of National Championship

Would you rather play in the New Orleans Bowl than be in Frisco in January as the only game on National TV?

The move would be more for basketball purposes for us. Gets us higher than a 12 seed if we get in. Baseball would be huge for Sam.