SFA Basketball 2018-2019

ETXfan16

SFA offers Solomon's teammate Kharee McDaniel. McDaniel won the 2019 Guy V Lewis award, joining the ranks of Justise Winslow and De'Aaron Fox. Life is getting interesting on the recruiting trail with the Jack's still hard after Solomon...

On a side note SFA just won the NCAA Women's Bowling National Championship. Second title in school history, so there's that too. 🤷‍♂️

18 hours ago, topher805 said:

SFA offers Solomon's teammate Kharee McDaniel. McDaniel won the 2019 Guy V Lewis award, joining the ranks of Justise Winslow and De'Aaron Fox. Life is getting interesting on the recruiting trail with the Jack's still hard after Solomon...

On a side note SFA just won the NCAA Women's Bowling National Championship. Second title in school history, so there's that too. 🤷‍♂️

Wasn’t the first title also women’s bowling?

6 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Wasn’t the first title also women’s bowling?

Yes. I think we have an individual T&F title as well (Demi Payne - Pole Vault). Beat Vanderbilt in an all Southland Conference National Championship match.

6'7" Forward Gavin Kensmil from Navarro JC commits to SFA. Another JUCO top-100 prospect that was being recruited hard by Kansas State late. 

More importantly, I'm confused. I assumed after the McDaniel signing we were full on scholarships. I dont know if Pope failed to qualify, Seraille decided to transfer, Comeaux decided to retire or we are just straight over signing, but we now have 14 players committed for scholarship spots next year...

16 minutes ago, topher805 said:

6'7" Forward Gavin Kensmil from Navarro JC commits to SFA. Another JUCO top-100 prospect that was being recruited hard by Kansas State late. 

More importantly, I'm confused. I assumed after the McDaniel signing we were full on scholarships. I dont know if Pope failed to qualify, Seraille decided to transfer, Comeaux decided to retire or we are just straight over signing, but we now have 14 players committed for scholarship spots next year...

Broad shoulders, well built...…Played hard in the games at Gold Dome at the end of the season……..Should be a help to the Jacks

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Broad shoulders, well built...…Played hard in the games at Gold Dome at the end of the season……..Should be a help to the Jacks

Yeah, listed as 6'7" and 230. Dude is easily a duece and a half. He is a big boy and all muscle. Sounds like he will be a nice replacement for Mitch...

All signed and accounted for...

Returning Scholarship Players:
Kevon Harris - Sr.
Nathan Bain - Sr.
John Comeaux - Sr.
Mitch Seraille - Soph.
Oddyst Walker - Soph.

Signed LOI:
Samazha Hart (HS)
Tylan Pope (HS)
David Kachelries (JUCO)
Demiere Brown (JUCO)
Kharee McDaniel (HS)
Charlie Daniels (JUCO)
Roti Ware (JUCO)

Cameron Johnson (JUCO)
Gavin Kensmil (JUCO)

28 minutes ago, RonSwanson said:

Can the coaches count?  Lol

By what I saw on the court last year, I don't feel confident in their counting ability...We only had 10 scholarship players available, and ended the year with a manager suiting up to fill a roster spot...

3 hours ago, topher805 said:

By what I saw on the court last year, I don't feel confident in their counting ability...We only had 10 scholarship players available, and ended the year with a manager suiting up to fill a roster spot...

Yep...Don’t know who else is leaving to make the spots. I think Keller realizes he better put a solid group on the floor this coming season. Another year like we just had would be inexcusable. Lot of good recruits coming but looks like nine or ten won’t have any D1 experience. Three of the Juco guys are listed in top 100 I think? Hopefully the dedication and chemistry will pay off. Should be the best freshmen recruiting class  that SFA has had in a long time. If they can develope quickly will be the test.  

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Kevon Harris has declared for the draft. Chances are he is using this to see where he stacks up and what he needs to do to improve his game. 98% chance he is back in Nac next year...

He said he signed with an agent. Hope that doesn't mean anything. 

Just now, MrBuddyGarrity said:

He said he signed with an agent. 

Yup, but NCAA rule change says he can still withdraw his name (by 11:59 pm on May 29) and return to SFA. Hope he comes back, but ultimately hope for the best for Kevon.

• Like 1