SFA Basketball 2018-2019

ETXfan16

1 minute ago, topher805 said:

Yup, but NCAA rule change says he can still withdraw his name (by 11:59 pm on May 29) and return to SFA. Hope he comes back, but ultimately hope for the best for Kevon.

I've seen alot of kids declare over the past week that from eye test are not ready, I really hope they get valuable feedback & not some folks feeding em wrong info.  

Mitch Seraille made it official and is transferring. If Kevon does not return, we are back at the scholarship limit...

Someone mentioned the toxic player/coach relationship with James Franklin at Penn State, despite him being a phenomenal recruiter. I'm seeing shades of that with Keller...

4 minutes ago, RonSwanson said:

The verdict is still out. This next season should clear things up somewhat. Looking for a good year with the recruiting class that’s coming in. Pulling for Keller and coaches to piece it together. 

Next year is everything for Keller and his hopes of staying in Nac. Definitely pulling for him. His success means success for the team and program. 

Not sure what went wrong last year, if it was players or coaches or both, but whatever it was it is time to move on and start something new. This is an outstanding recruiting class that seems to be just as good off the court as they are on it. 

19 hours ago, topher805 said:

Next year is everything for Keller and his hopes of staying in Nac. Definitely pulling for him. His success means success for the team and program. 

Not sure what went wrong last year, if it was players or coaches or both, but whatever it was it is time to move on and start something new. This is an outstanding recruiting class that seems to be just as good off the court as they are on it. 

True. The recruits look solid off the court. Seem to be people of good character. Hope it comes together. 

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, RonSwanson said:

Nice group of recruits coming in. Hope Harris returns to solidify the team. 

Good group of recruits that all seem to get along. There seems to be a good rapport among the new guys and chemistry may not be a big issue like last season. From what I understand, they will all be on campus June 9 for summer classes and start working out together.

On 5/27/2019 at 9:42 PM, topher805 said:

Kevon Harris has withdrawn his name from the NBA Draft and will return for his senior season...GREAT news

Yes it is!  Saw on Twitter that Tylan Pope committed to Tulane. Guess qualifying wasn’t the reason he didn’t come to SFA. 

• 1 month later...

Here are some pictures of the new practice facility I got from another board. They were just released at the BOR meeting this week. Ground breaking ceremony was monday...One big change is the removal of the ramp leading up to the Coliseum, as there will be stairs there now...Hoping the facade of WRJ gets an updating soon too...

PF1.jpgPF2.jpgPF3.jpgPF4.jpgPF5.jpgPF6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about some pics if the cargo trailers in the end zone for luxury box seating in Nac?

I saw a picture and laughed hard! Then the inside was shown inside the box pretty nice! If it as depicted 

I don't see it being a big hit because of it being in the end zones. 

56 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

i mean it looks fun... but also looks accessible to everyone in the stadium... I wouldn't do that for $10k....

Setup at Homer Bryce won't let that happen. Access will probably come from field house or gate at bottom of bleachers.  While I hate the track around the field, it will give good separation to keep fans from wandering down. 

I think 10k is too high for a season (4 home games this year), but I don't think he puts that tag on it without being confident they can get that...

• 2 weeks later...