SFA Basketball 2018-2019

ETXfan16

46 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Bama wins 79-69. SFA cut it to three late, but Bama made some BIG plays down the stretch to seal a tough win...

Conference play kicks off Wednesday in Nac against Southeastern Louisiana. 

Really awesome atmosphere at WRJ. Good exposure for SFA on national TV. Once they get their other key players back, the Jacks should be pretty salty. It was good to hear from the new football coach too. 

Missing Holyfield probably cost us this game. Hard to consistently win against the Alabama type teams playing point guards, shooting guards and small forwards.  Yes, a couple of guys playing are listed as the same height as Holyfield(6’8”) but he plays a different type game. The freshman may develop into a good power forward by next year. 

28 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Ha you guys lose to Bama weak Hoops team!

Kats take down the powerhouse that is TLU 84-54 yesterday 

Sammy is 1-8 against DI competition this year, including a loss to a bad East Tennessee State team...I'll take our chances

2 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Caught that with the TLU reference. Just a little bitter because of the Bama game...All good though. 

I’m glad Southland limited schools to only 3? Or may have been 4 games below Div 1 level

Our coach putting 20 win seasons together scheduling to many of those 

1 minute ago, Coach0001 said:

I’m glad Southland limited schools to only 3? Or may have been 4 games below Div 1 level

Our coach putting 20 win seasons together scheduling to many of those 

Hooten is a trip. Some days i want to say he is a top-3 coach in the SLC (If not the best). Others, well...yeah...Dude is kinda crazy

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Hooten is a trip. Some days i want to say he is a top-3 coach in the SLC (If not the best). Others, well...yeah...Dude is kinda crazy

Umm go read Kat Forumns most of our fans do not share the first part of your opinion 

1-15 against SFA I’m sure u would like him to stay lol 

2 hours ago, RonSwanson said:

Big win against SLU last night. First half wasn’t pretty but the Jacks got it done late. 

Fun game. SLU is a bad matchup for us with their style. Good to get that win. A trip to Nicholls will be fun next week 

18 hours ago, topher805 said:

Fun game. SLU is a bad matchup for us with their style. Good to get that win. A trip to Nicholls will be fun next week 

Yep. Would like to win all conference games but this will be one we need. Won’t see SLU again till tourney. 

Veal is playing on a torn meniscus. 18-19 games from now if we see them in Katy, his leg will be in bad shape. They rode him too hard last year and he just couldnt go anymore in the SLC Championship. Interested to see how they manage his injury. They arent the same without him. Greenwood is good, but Nicholas and Seriale held him quiet for the most part.

11 hours ago, topher805 said:

Veal is playing on a torn meniscus. 18-19 games from now if we see them in Katy, his leg will be in bad shape. They rode him too hard last year and he just couldnt go anymore in the SLC Championship. Interested to see how they manage his injury. They arent the same without him. Greenwood is good, but Nicholas and Seriale held him quiet for the most part.

He should just have the surgery. 4-6 weeks and he is back

14 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

He should just have the surgery. 4-6 weeks and he is back

It has been torn for a while from what i understand. I agree he should have gotten the surgery during non-conference and he would be back. Losing to SFA pretty much assures they will not win the SLC, so get him healthy and rested for the tournament, because thats what matters most for all SLC teams.

SFA sacrificed non-conference by sitting Comeaux, Nieminen, Augustin, and Grujic. Rumor has it Comeaux had microfracture surgery during the summer, but isnt recovery 18 months?

8 minutes ago, topher805 said:

It has been torn for a while from what i understand. I agree he should have gotten the surgery during non-conference and he would be back. Losing to SFA pretty much assures they will not win the SLC, so get him healthy and rested for the tournament, because thats what matters most for all SLC teams.

SFA sacrificed non-conference by sitting Comeaux, Nieminen, Augustin, and Grujic. Rumor has it Comeaux had microfracture surgery during the summer, but isnt recovery 18 months?

I haven’t dealt with many of those.  Most HS athletes typically quit sports if recovery takes less than 1 year.  But recovery from micro Fracture surgery is typically several months of sitting on your rump non weight bearing meaning that it’s a lot harder to recover strength and cardio...

think of it like having a 10th grader set back to 7th grade strength and endurance