SFA Basketball 2018-2019

ETXfan16

20 hours ago, topher805 said:

All trailers full and seems like everyone enjoyed the seats. The view was good, especially on the 99-yard TD run by Tarleton to open the game...

My former student, current Tarleton AT said those things were really cool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Good stuff....

Carthel was great all week. He also manned up and logged on to congratulate Sam on the win and take his lumps from the Sam fans. Super glad he is our coach. This program is going to be really good, really soon. 

• Like 1

As for the actual game...SFA let a grand opportunity slip away to break the streak and possible go on a run of their own. 7 turnovers (and I think all gave Sam a short field) were back breaking. Energy in NRG completely changed on the pick 6 in the 4th quarter. Then SFA got the ball back...was a great chance to put a drive together and put the game out of reach. Was disappointed that SFA went away from the run game. At 1 point Ward was 12 carries for 96 yards. Yet Self threw it over 50 times and was under constant pressure all game long. Thought the SFA defense played great. Kept Sam in check for large portions of the game. Sam had to resort to trickeration (which was disappointing to see it work) to get going offensively which is always a good sign for your defense playing well. 

11 minutes ago, TxFight said:

As for the actual game...SFA let a grand opportunity slip away to break the streak and possible go on a run of their own. 7 turnovers (and I think all gave Sam a short field) were back breaking. Energy in NRG completely changed on the pick 6 in the 4th quarter. Then SFA got the ball back...was a great chance to put a drive together and put the game out of reach. Was disappointed that SFA went away from the run game. At 1 point Ward was 12 carries for 96 yards. Yet Self threw it over 50 times and was under constant pressure all game long. Thought the SFA defense played great. Kept Sam in check for large portions of the game. Sam had to resort to trickeration (which was disappointing to see it work) to get going offensively which is always a good sign for your defense playing well. 

Definitely missed opportunities here. I like the direction the team is trending, and that game should be a huge learning experience. That said, you don't learn how to close a game until you actually close one out. Defense played lights out through the first three quarters, but was gassed late. 

Onward and upward. A much needed week to rest and heal before ACU.

On another note. SFA nagged a pair of recruits this weekend, including 3* Jaylin Posey. Posey held offers from UH, TCU, Colorado State, A&M, Texas Tech, Louisiana Tech, Oral Roberts, Troy, UT-Arlington, North Texas, Louisiana Lafayette, and Tulsa.

1 minute ago, Coach0001 said:

I can see 35k in attendance if the Jacks keep rolling and SAM can stay near where the program has been

We finally have a good defense!

It is going to take a strong start to get attendance up on the SFA side. Fans bail early. I will say the fans are better this year. They aren't responding like they did with Conque when we knew the season was lost. There has been constant improvement from week to week.

10 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Definitely missed opportunities here. I like the direction the team is trending, and that game should be a huge learning experience. That said, you don't learn how to close a game until you actually close one out. Defense played lights out through the first three quarters, but was gassed late. 

Onward and upward. A much needed week to rest and heal before ACU.

On another note. SFA nagged a pair of recruits this weekend, including 3* Jaylin Posey. Posey held offers from UH, TCU, Colorado State, A&M, Texas Tech, Louisiana Tech, Oral Roberts, Troy, UT-Arlington, North Texas, Louisiana Lafayette, and Tulsa.

Posey that's basketball right?