MavGrad's NCAA Football Week 12 Preview

Coach Rab

TEAMS WE CARE ABOUT

The Citadel at #1 Alabama  11:00AM  SECN

The talk this week is about Tua's possible injury.  From most of the sources that I have seen, I expect Tua and Hurts to not play this week...  Either way Tide wins by 20+.

TCU at Baylor  11:00 AM FS1

I still don't trust TCU and I think Baylor, while not great, is one of the more consistent teams in the B12 this year.  Bears by 3.

UAB at Texas A&M  6:00  ESPN2

I like what UAB has to offer... but the Aggie running game will win this one... but it won't be pretty.  Aggies by 7.

Kansas at #6 Oklahoma  6:30  FOX

We know who wins this one, but how many points does Kansas score?  OU by 4 TDs.

Rice at #7 LSU  6:30  ESPNU

As bad as Rice is, the LSU offense won't make this one look like a big win...  I expect something like 24-3 in LSU's favor.

#16 Iowa St at #15 Texas  7:00  LHN

It seems every year that I write Iowa St off, they win 1 or 2 of those games that make you go "WTH?!?"  I don't think they are good enough to beat Texas, but they prove me wrong all of the time.  Texas by 6.

OTHER GAMES TO WATCH

#12 Syracuse vs #3 Notre Dame  1:30  NBC

A very interesting game.  The media is selling Notre Dame as an inferior team in terms of talent... but the way their season is playing out, this is probably one of the better teams we have seen in the past 10-12 years from them and way better than the one that featured the Invisible Girlfriend...  I think Babers offense strikes early, but Notre Dame will distance themselves in the 2nd half.  Irish by 8.

#24 Cincinnati at #11 UCF  7:00  ABC

Do you see where this game is being broadcast?  ABC???  This is UCF's final shot to dismantle a ranked team with decent talent to stake their claim to a unlikely playoff spot.  I will def be watching this one.  I expect UCF to win the game, but blow their chance at the playoffs....  UCF by 7.

BONUS GAME:

Watch Clemson vs Duke.  Many have just written Clemson into the playoffs, but Duke is good enough to score a big win.  It's unlikely, but I would have this one on scoreboard watch.

Saban is adamant that Tua is fine and that he will play. I don’t expect to see him in the game for very long, and I bet there are zero called QB runs for him. I expect to see Mac Jones midway through the second quarter, and the Barker kid, who is a walk-on, should get some second half snaps. 

You SEC guys need to put some respect on Iowa St! 

Their coaching staff is legit, they have to best defense in the Big12 and they are 5-0 since switching to Purdy at QB. 

Texas probably won’t have Colin Johnson or Brandon Jones. Hager will limited and Davonte Davis is iffy with an ankle issue. 

This game is a push to me and must win for both teams to keep their Big12 championship hopes alive. Texas is 4-1 at home this year, the loss was to WVU. Senior night for a majority of the defense hopefully they play much better than they have been. 

• Like 2

A bit late for this, but it's still funny and (obviously) NSFW: It’s Meltdown time! Week 11

Some of my favorites:

• The thing that p####s me off about this series is that OU doesn’t usually win these games, we lose them. We lost on a missed extra point. ###.

• Being an Oklahoma State fan is like punching yourself in the d##k repeatedly, each time hoping it won’t hurt the next time you do it.

• This game was quite chaotic. Quite wild. Quite noisy. Almost as if you could call this game . . . . . . . Bedlam

• Only a man who’s 40 would go for 2 there

• Fire Mike Stoops

SvwdLpi.gif

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The Citadel is giving Bama a game. 

Wut 😂

I wonder if Saban is intentionally keeping his team down to send a message that they're not invincible heading into Auburn. Or if they're overlooking this game and looking ahead at Auburn. But you usually don't see Saban teams do that.

What is that Offense Citadel is running wing T?

7 hours ago, AKA said:

Kyler Murray is a damn cheat code. 

If he was 6’ 1 instead of 5’ 8 he would be the number one overall pick in the the April draft. Instead he’s baseball bound to imo play the sport he’s second best at, because he’s not truly big enough to play the sport he’s best at. Incredible athlete though. 

7 hours ago, Hlion said:

Umm didn't they win 35-6 ? Was is close at half or something. I didn't get to see.

It was 7-6 Clemson at halftime.  The game played out about how I expected it to.  Duke is a good team but they don’t have the depth to play at an elite level for 4 quarters