Rangers Offseason

Stoney

Mathis is a great defender, while Chirinos regressed defensively last year. Interested to see if Trevino or IKF gets the bulk of the catching duties. IKF is pretty much the back up at 2B, 3B, and SS. 

Does Guzman take over at 1B full time? Or does Gallo get a shot there?

Profar should be the full time 3B If Beltre doesn't get re-signed.

Who will be the CF? I like Gallo as a corner outfielder, because he is athletic and has a great arm. Mazara will man the other corner spot.

Need a lot of help in the starting rotation. You have Minor and aquired Drew Smyly from the Cubs. Edison Volquez returns from TJ Surgery, but there are still a lot of questions here. 

Who can bridge the gap to Leclerc in the pen?

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, Stoney said:

3F966E0D-7B1C-49F2-8D5C-0BB30A52BFAC.jpegC7DAA9B0-181A-4DAA-A32E-FCD532EC4648.jpeg

Move the right field video board down. The train tracks and left field home run porch have been replaced by a triple decker left field stands. Other than that it has a very Minute Maid feel to it.

Home sweet home   :)

• LOL! 1

On 11/27/2018 at 7:44 PM, Stoney said:

3F966E0D-7B1C-49F2-8D5C-0BB30A52BFAC.jpegC7DAA9B0-181A-4DAA-A32E-FCD532EC4648.jpeg

Move the right field video board down. The train tracks and left field home run porch have been replaced by a triple decker left field stands. Other than that it has a very Minute Maid feel to it.

Globe Life Park has the triple deck in left field, the grass lawn in centerfield, and the home run porch in rightfield with the video board in the same place.

It's an upgraded Globe Life with a roof.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evan Grant’s interview with Jon Daniels in the DMN.

On expanding payroll: "This is not the year where we are going to go all out. We are probably a year away from starting to look at some different options for expanding the payroll." 

On pitching pursuits: "We weren't involved in [Patrick] Corbin or [Nathan] Eovaldi. We like both guys but those weren't the moves we were willing to make right now. We have been in touch with a number of other guys, both free agent and trades. Probably more free agents. We'll see if the dominoes to start to fall a little bit."

On potential trade pieces: "Our 2019 needs are clearly on the pitching side, but we are also looking at moves that are just not about 2019 club."

8 hours ago, wtlobos said:

Anybody see JD making a play for Matt Harvey? Or Lance Lynn? 

Are they vets coming off a injury looking to rebound their careers? Lol If the price is right we could see them bring in several of those type guys to fill out this rotation. With Banny gone, I wonder if that takes away the talk of a bullpen game once a week? Or is that more of a JD organization approach?

Those guys are veteran arms in the vein of Cashner and Minor I suppose. About 30-32. They would be solid(ish) starters to fill out the rotation at worst. I feel like they should go get a big bullpen arm though. Maybe not Kimbrell obviously but there's guys out there. 

4 minutes ago, wtlobos said:

Those guys are veteran arms in the vein of Cashner and Minor I suppose. About 30-32. They would be solid(ish) starters to fill out the rotation at worst. I feel like they should go get a big bullpen arm though. Maybe not Kimbrell obviously but there's guys out there. 

Hunter Strickland kinda caught my eye as a bullpen guy. Closer experience with the Giants. Young, power arm. 

Shelby Miller, Drew Pomeranz, James Shields. A injury bounce back candidate could be this years JD reclamation project. Pomeranz has had interest from the Rangers in the past. Shields is 37 but threw over 200 innings last year. This staff is gonna need a innings water or two.

1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

Thought you couldn't trade actual draft picks in the MLB?

Looks like a new rule. The small market teams get a extra tradeable pick to balance out the big markets payroll. Or that’s what I’ve seen on it.

• Thanks 1